Which Player......

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Petrevski-Seton for some reason.

A better question for this thread would be average or worse than average players who always manage to play well against your team.

I mean saying Dustin Martin, Buddy Franklin or Ablett Jnr always plays well against your team, well no sh*t, they are really good players. Much more interesting to discuss the spuds that always smash one random team.

In answer to your excellent reply RUNVS there is no one player of note, as with Geelong from my observation outside the champs (Dusty, etc), it's generally been the player, notable or otherwise who has been opposed to Rhys Stanley in ruck. In Stanley's poor and non-competitive games, especially in second halves of games when he tires, he has made whatever opposition ruckman who's out there, look like Polly Farmer and John Nicholls rolled into one and accordingly, Geelong 'always' lost. Apologies RUNVS for not giving name/s as there have been to many opposition ruckman to mention or remember, thankfully Rhys is a better footballer and more consistent player these days.

Mundy’s nailed the match winner against us twice.

A lot of Carlton players used to s**t me back around 2008-12. Gibbs, Murphy, Ed Curnow, Jeff Garlett to name a few

When the Bris Lions were a powerhouse - of the key forwards who did the damage - i didnt think it was Lynch or Brown so much - but it allways seemed to be Bradshaw

I can remember one of his 1st games against Geel - in Qld - and i thought who is this - how he moved and marked and kicked - i thought it was the next Bernie Quinlan

Harry O'Brien always seemed to play well against us back in the day.

Paul Haselby almost lived for Western Derbies, I think he's won the Glendenning(-Allen) medal more than any other player which just backs up my point.

These days it seems to be the whole Brisbane Lions team

Well big Cox ripped us a new one that one time in prelim camp but every time we play the pies, Sidebottom owns us. Often with far fewer possessions than his captain and some of his on ball team mates. We match up poorly on Steele.

This year, Karl Amon dined out fairly well v tigers. A fairly distant 10th this year in the Jack Cahill.

I recall Stephen Milne absolutely destroying us on a few occasions.

Josh Bruce, man probably spent his whole 2 past pre-seasons trying to figure out how to beat Tarrant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darren Minchington's best two or three games of his career were all against Geelong

I remember Dennis Armfield playing the odd blinder against us, same with Jackson Trengove for the Dogs

Eric Hipwood
Ben Brown

Taylor Walker
Buddy Franklin
Steele Sidebottom

Mundy’s nailed the match winner against us twice.

A lot of Carlton players used to sh*t me back around 2008-12. Gibbs, Murphy, Ed Curnow, Jeff Garlett to name a few
Mason Wood seemed to go ok against us as well.

Buddy Franklin

During his golden 2008 season, the one player I reckon Buddy struggled with was Max Hudghton. Kept to seven touches (three goals) in the home and away game and then one goal in the prelim final.

In the early-to-mid 2000s Stewie Dew and Shaun Burgoyne would always blitz against us ... until we figured out a way to rectify that particular problem.

In the early-to-mid 2000s Stewie Dew and Shaun Burgoyne would always blitz against us ... until we figured out a way to rectify that particular problem.
Wingard

Always seems to turn it on against your team

someone who your team always has trouble containing

constantly giving your team the business every time
Well Drew Petrie used to be one, he saved his best for us, seemed to always be clunking marks at will when we played North.

GA Sr
Jarrod Waite
Bryce Gibbs
Drew Petrie

Jeremy McGovern..Always...

Dayne Zorko has chopped us up a couple of times too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back