Which players aged 27+ do we think could be in our next premiership side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ.

That list of 27+ players shows you how badly the list has been managed.

If it were up to me it'd be Simpson.

Kreuzer 29
Curnow 28
Wright 28
Jones 27

Would love the big Kreuze ship to grab a flag. Probably more hopeful than anything but i expect us to seriously challenge from 2020.

I do not believe Murphy has a forward career, he does not tackle or provide pressure they simply go over him.
Hoping Kruezer does, dreaming 2018 reality says not.

Next year's season will be...

Simpson 33
White 31
Murphy 30 - 33
ASOS 30
Rowe 30
Thomas 30
Kreuzer 29 - 32
Curnow 28
Casboult 28
Wright 28
Jones 27 - 30

Kreuz, Murph and Jones are the only 3 who I'd see to be good enough to keep others out in 3 years. Wright is a maybe there too but doubtful. Window should open in 2019/2020.

On the flip side you could make an argument that it's so hard to win one no one on our list under the age of 27 as of November 8 2017 will be in the next Premiership team either.

Take it as it comes.

I'm probably edging towards none with Kruezer being the only remote possibility.

Murphy, Wright though respected will probably be too old. Curnow wont have the class to last well into his 30s - don't mean to diss, love his contributions!

I see Macreadie taking Jone's role long term. Simpson and Thomas too ld/slow by then.

The rest not worth mentioning really.

I have no fear adopting the new breed of young Carlton players coming through and aligning with the SoSarge's view of the world!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost a catch 22. How soon we can challenge depends on how fast the kids come on. But the more kids that come on, the less of these older players that keep their spots.
Kruez just had his career best season and has no one threatening to steal his spot anytime soon, safest bet imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back