Opinion Which players are worth pick 1?

Who would you trade this year's first pick for?

• De Goey

Votes: 82 30.4%
  • Bontempelli

Votes: 207 76.7%
  • P.Cripps

Votes: 218 80.7%
  • L.Neale

Votes: 59 21.9%
  • D.Martin

Votes: 157 58.1%
  • Fyfe

Votes: 152 56.3%
  • J.Cameron

Votes: 130 48.1%
  • T.Greene

Votes: 45 16.7%
  • C.Cameron

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • H.Andrews

Votes: 47 17.4%
  • L.Whitfield

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Dangerfield

Votes: 66 24.4%
  • B.Brown

Votes: 27 10.0%
  • A.Naughton

Votes: 62 23.0%
  • C.Rozee

Votes: 38 14.1%
  • J.Gresham

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • N.Blakey

Votes: 18 6.7%
  • J.McGovern

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • B.Grundy

Votes: 141 52.2%
  • Max Gawn

Votes: 54 20.0%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 65 24.1%
  • Josh Kelly

Votes: 99 36.7%
  • Isaac Heeney

Votes: 36 13.3%
  • Sam Walsh

Votes: 82 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

it is, one hasnt played a game yet, one averages 25+ disposals, you have no clue how rowell is going to handle the pressure of playing senior AFL football. the fact you said you'd take an unproven player who's never played a game before over the best teenager in australia is certainly an absolute joke

Do you remember how we were talking about Walsh this time last year?

nope, wasnt really active on bigfooty this time last year

lots of people thoughts walsh would have no worries adjusting. like how many same similar bout rowell

they said we have no clue how marlion pickett would do playing an afl grand final as his first game and it went alright

rowell will be fine i think. Id rather Rowell to Walsh at Richmond but they are both obviously fine players

lots of people thoughts walsh would have no worries adjusting. like how many same similar bout rowell

they said we have no clue how marlion pickett would do playing an afl grand final as his first game and it went alright

rowell will be fine i think. Id rather Rowell to Walsh at Richmond but they are both obviously fine players
yes, but you dont see how dumb it would be to take a an unproven footballer over the best teenager in australia?

yes, but you dont see how dumb it would be to take a an unproven footballer over the best teenager in australia?

thats your opinion but i think its wrong

thats like saying its dumb to think zion williamson will be good as basketball before he ever plays in the nba

there is a small chance of him failing but its not a large chance of failure for the super elite prospects

so whats your point?

The initial point was peak judd in 2007 was not worth a pick 1. So Martin is not worth Pick 1.

What Judd was doing at Martins age is totally irrelevant.

I'm not the one who brought up the Judd example.

I merely answered a posters query as to how Martin could still possibly garner the number 1 pick in a trade, given his current age.....They then argued that 'even' Judd couldn't demand the number 1 pick way back when.....But post injury Judd is not equivalent to the current number one game-breaker in the AFL in Martin.....That should be rather obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You obviously don't read too well….I stipulated post Judd's West-Coast career....I.E At the same age currently as Martin.

Judd only won a Brownlow at Carlton because there was no one there to take votes off him.

Remind me how many times Judd went forward in a big final to kick 3-4 goals & be the difference?

Martin is the current number 1 player in the AFL because he can do that.....If he aint getting the number 1 pick in a trade, then no one else is.

Some common-sense, please.

There was never a point where we suggested Judd at 28 was worth pick no.1. Just like Martin/Fyfe aren't.

Martin isn't the no.1 player in the AFL but even if he was someone like Cripps would be worth more value simply because he has more time to provide that value.

There was never a point where we suggested Judd at 28 was worth pick no.1. Just like Martin/Fyfe aren't.

Martin isn't the no.1 player in the AFL but even if he was someone like Cripps would be worth more value simply because he has more time to provide that value.

Both Martin & Fyfe would still easily garner pick 1 in a trade....Stop being absurd.

There is no bigger match-winner in big finals currently than Martin. Which clearly makes him the current number 1 player.

It's a fairly moot point, but Judd's trade actually translated to pick 1 anyhow….Carlton only had pick 4, which they traded - along with Kennedy - for Judd.....Those 2 combined translates to well over pick 1.

Grundy, Cripps & Bont are worth more than pick 1.
Rozee, Gresham & C.Cameron are not worth pick 1

It's a fairly moot point, but Judd's trade actually translated to pick 1 anyhow….Carlton only had pick 4, which they traded - along with Kennedy - for Judd.....Those 2 combined translates to well over pick 1.
they had pick 1 which they kept to use on Kreuzer. Do some research.

they had pick 1 which they kept to use on Kreuzer. Do some research.

My apologies.....The final trade was Pick 3 (Masten), Pick 20 (Notte) & Josh Kennedy (Pick 4 2005 draft).

Pick 3 = 2,234 points
Pick 4 = 2,034 points
Pick 20 = 912 points

Grand Total = 5,180 points.....So Judd cost the equivalent of Pick 1 & Pick 3 combined.

Pick 1 = 3,000 points

You would want more than just pick 1 for those players, u would want more than 1 for Sam Walsh
Really? Dusty turns 29 next year, more than pick 1?

Given his age relative to others only a team with a good chance of winning the flag would do it. For example a bottom 4 team aren't giving pick 1 for Dusty at this point in time. A team like the Eagles or Lions might very well because he could be the difference in winning one or two in the next few years. It's all relative as to who is "worth it".

Yeah but you think Sydney Stack is better than Walsh, so...
No one could argue Stack is currently better than Walsh. You could make an argument he will be better one day if you were projecting, but that draft is so recent that a lot of the players will improve at different rates to become guns if you were projecting, players like Rozee, etc.

Back