Opinion Which players are you looking forward to watching play in 2020?

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
So yiu forgot about marking, toughness , goalkicking and kicking( say without pressure)... stack far superior.

Walsh a nice dime a dozen accumulating midfielder who every team has .. refer crouch brothers.. stack a matchwinner... the guy also had a limited preseason.
No you literally said he was better at everything... I am telling you straight up that is BS...

Endless

Senior List
Jul 21, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Darcy Fogarty looks like he could be anything! Will take mark of the year when he hits his prime

Cam Raynor is ready to justify his draft pick as will Jacob Weitering

Paddy Dow with another year in the gym and some games under his belt

Jaidyn Stephenson

Jake Stringer. Love it when he plays well, love it when he stinks it up!
Jakey boy is truly the gift that keeps giving

Luke Ryan looks like a natural

Nick Haynes is a Star

Tarryn Thomas, Nick Larkey and Cam Zurhaar
Plenty of Young talent at North

Connor Rozee is a class act, will he rise to the extra attention?

Sydney Stack
Shai Bolton
Daniel Rioli
Noah Balta
Entertainment guaranteed

Jade Gresham
Bradley Hill

Allir Allir AA 2020

Buddy ain’t done yet

Jarrod Cameron
Oscar Allan

Lewis Jetta Is arguably not even the best kick in his team but definitely better than 95% of the comp and his composure and flair make him special
Aaron Naughton of course
Josh Dunkley

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
No you literally said he was better at everything... I am telling you straight up that is BS...

Ok,. Is stack a better kick? Mark? Goalkicker?

I still maintain he is superior in all facets... and deep down you agree!

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Ok,. Is stack a better kick? Mark? Goalkicker?

I still maintain he is superior in all facets... and deep down you agree!
I mean you have isolated a few different skills that you think he is better at, goal kicking is a really weird one as well because o.3 goals per game compared to 0.6 is pretty negligible... You are talking like he is a 2 goal a game player.

I personally think the comparison is dumb. One is on track to be an elite mid and the other one has shown traits of being an elite and damaging flanker. Both brilliant players and trying to talk down upon one of them is just stupid.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Only waiting for one Wlliam Gould to debut at some point.
I don’t think you’ll be waiting long. I’d expect he plays most of next year.

He’s the one non WC draftee from last years draft I’m really excited to see play. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him right up in the rising star next year. Big fan, he was a steal for the swans.

For the rest of the Comp, including my team:

Nic Nat: He’s started a preseason already, which is fantastic. He’s my favourite player to watch in full flight.
Stephen Hill - his running and silk has been thoroughly missed by freo- really hoping he stays fit.
Rankine - hoping he gets on the park, real excitement machine.
Zurhaar - Big fan of his aggression & attack on the ball.
Daniher - I love watching Joe play anyway, he brings the joy to footy. Hopefully the last trade period failings hasn’t taken that joy of footy away. The game is better for him in it.
Buddy - I hope this isn’t the end, it’s been a privilege to watch him play- hoping a preseason will allow him to get back to his best.

Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Jordan De Goey

He could be in the top 3 players in the comp, & potentially the difference between the Pies being a contender & winning the flag

Putting my biased tiggy goggles on, I watch Dylan Grimes routinely out-run & out-position forwards week in/week out. De Goey's combination of speed, strength & forward-craft had him completely at sea rd 2 this year

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
Rankine by a country mile

From other clubs
-Adelaide: Tyson Stengle
-Brisbane: Jarrod Berry (Think he'll be elite, maybe not next year but he's taking steps)
-Carlton: Jack Martin
-Collingwood: Trent Bianco
-Essendon: Joe Daniher
-Fremantle: Matt Taberner
-Geelong: Brad Close
-GWS: Jake Riccardi
-Hawthorn: James Worpel
-Melbourne: Angus Brayshaw
-North Melbourne: Jy Simpkin
-Port Adelaide: Connor Rozee
-Richmond: Marlion Pickett
-St Kilda: Jack Bytel
-Sydney: Elijah Taylor
-West Coast: Tim Kelly
-Western Bulldogs: Marcus Bontempelli

Jan 2, 2009
Penguin
AFL Club
Carlton
Has Cripps been training with Barber again? He got too big when training with him first time around.
Not sure. He’s mentioned in a presser he’s dropped a bit of mass as a way to improve his speed. He wants to see how he goes with the less mass off first coz he thinks he can pick it up pretty quickly if it doesn’t work.

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I mean you have isolated a few different skills that you think he is better at, goal kicking is a really weird one as well because o.3 goals per game compared to 0.6 is pretty negligible... You are talking like he is a 2 goal a game player.

I personally think the comparison is dumb. One is on track to be an elite mid and the other one has shown traits of being an elite and damaging flanker. Both brilliant players and trying to talk down upon one of them is just stupid.

thanks for your input...isolated a few skills? Serious? I mentioeddn nearly every skill in the game and your laughable goal kicking stats show how much you know...Stack played half his games in the backline.

Nest thing you will be calling Andrew Mcleod just a flanker...so other than the abuse nobody is prepared to call Walsh a better kick, mark, quicker, tougher, or decision maker....the defence rests your honour

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
thanks for your input...isolated a few skills? Serious? I mentioeddn nearly every skill in the game and your laughable goal kicking stats show how much you know...Stack played half his games in the backline.

Nest thing you will be calling Andrew Mcleod just a flanker...so other than the abuse nobody is prepared to call Walsh a better kick, mark, quicker, tougher, or decision maker....the defence rests your honour
I am aware he played in the backline... That is why mentioning goal kicking as a skill is stupid.

You are literally avoiding the point i am making...

You said Stack is better at everything.

This is false.

Walsh is better at almost every relevant midfielder statistic.

That is literally my entire point.

Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
From other clubs
-Adelaide: Tyson Stengle
-Brisbane: Jarrod Berry (Think he'll be elite, maybe not next year but he's taking steps)
-Carlton: Jack Martin
-Collingwood: Trent Bianco
-Essendon: Joe Daniher
-Fremantle: Matt Taberner
-Geelong: Brad Close
-GWS: Jake Riccardi
-Hawthorn: James Worpel
-Melbourne: Angus Brayshaw
-North Melbourne: Jy Simpkin
-Port Adelaide: Connor Rozee
-Richmond: Marlion Pickett
-St Kilda: Jack Bytel
-Sydney: Elijah Taylor
-West Coast: Tim Kelly
-Western Bulldogs: Marcus Bontempelli
I like this way of doing it. I'll have a crack:

Crows: Tex Walker. Huge story and pressure on him in 2020
Lions: Harris Andrews. How good could this kid be? Unbelievable he's still only 22.
Blues: Has to be Eddie.
Magpies: Still Pendlebury. Is he in the top 5 Maggies of the AFL are? Probably.
Bombers: I agree all eyes will be on Daniher. This story will just grow throughout 2020
Freo: Andrew Brayshaw. Watch this space.
Cats: Quinten Narkle. Out of contract at end of 2020. Expect Freo and West Coast to get in his ear from about Round 4.
Giants: Lachie Whitfield. Genuine class.
Hawks: Tom Mitchell. How will he come back?
Demons: Harley Bennell (if he gets a run), if not - Kysaiah Pickett.. no pressure.
Kangaroos: LDU. Showed some signs last year he was worth pick 4. Has had his doubters.
Port Power: I quite like watching Todd Marshall play. Really hope he has a good year - it would be the feel-good story of 2020.
Tigers: Marlion Pickett.. no contest.
St Kilda: Dan Hannebery. Hope the guy's not cooked. Seems such a waste of talent.
Swans: Buddy
Eagles: Dom Sheed. I thought he was about to explode last year, still might in 2020.
Bulldogs: Tim English. Another 'watch this space' guy. Ready to become a genuine A grader.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I like this way of doing it. I'll have a crack:

St Kilda: Dan Hannebery. Hope the guy's not cooked. Seems such a waste of talent.
Didn't look cooked once we got his body to the point where he was up to playing last season.

Averaged just 18.7 disposals per game in his last year for Sydney, but didn't have less than 23 in any of his 5 games for us (averaged 25) and even got a Brownlow vote (in a losing team) in the final round.

Was very promising. Seems like Sydney just ran him into the ground. Current setback not ideal, but unrelated to previous injuries.

Fingers crossed he has at least a couple more good years!

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I am aware he played in the backline... That is why mentioning goal kicking as a skill is stupid.

You are literally avoiding the point i am making...

You said Stack is better at everything.

This is false.

Walsh is better at almost every relevant midfielder statistic.

That is literally my entire point.
False according to you...

JaegarTime

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Tim Kelly - How will the transition go?

Jack Steven - Always loved him, how will he go?

Izak Rankine - Freak show

Connor Rozee - Big wraps for the kid

Tom Mitchell - could have gone back to back brownlows, hope he gets back to his best

Darcy Fogarty - Big man crush on this guy, could be anything

Mitch Lewis & Jon Patton - Will they work together?

James Worpel - Hoping his development continues

Chad Wingard - A fit Chad is good for footy. Will be recognised as an elite mid this year

Dylan Stephens - Desperately wanted him at the hawks

Tom Green - Can he push his way in?

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lukocious and Rankine are two supremely talented footballers. Will be fun to watch.

Naughton's hands are ridiculous. Think he could be a superstar.

I really liked Rowell so will be interested to see how he goes with no tagging in his first year.

Betts.

Just watched some highlights of Fogarty. That guy has some serious all round talent and power. Should get a full year now as well.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Connor Rozee is my most fascinating player to watch from a neutral perspective, if he takes his game to another level, Port are finals morals.

Tarryn Thomas and Cam the Ham Zurhaar, North have legit two game changers who do damage on the scoreboard to watch.

Nick Blakey will also be terrific to watch in his sophomore season (reckon he could do a Luka Doncic and rise to legit superstar status in all honesty

Paddy Dow the one to watch from Carlton for me.

Back