Opinion Which players are you looking forward to watching play in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Aaron Naughton could be anything. I hope Tom Mitchell comes back well. Rowell will be good to watch.

From the Blues like to see McKay step up and I think Setterfield is a rare talent. Charlie if fit and focused could be as good as anyone

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Naughton will be exciting to watch and even though Terry Wallace doesn't think so, Darcy Fogarty should take his game to the next level.

But #1 on my list will be Rankine - and we all thought EddieBetts had a good highlight reel

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Quite a lot.

Hopefully, Jack Steven can re-discover his best form for the cats, the fact he's in a strong team I wouldn't put an AA season past him.

Max King, hope he lives up to the hype. The signs were encouraging in the few VFL games he played last year before ankle surgery

Blake Acres, maybe he can live up to his potential at a new club

Jack Bytel, club has big wraps on him and now he's over his back injury will be good to see how he goes.

Many more but they are the main ones.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I am interested to see how the Brisbane Backs play this season without Hodge. But maybe with Birchell. Maybe. I mean Harris-Andrews could be a star.

Very interested how Kelly and Yeo will interact. They look like the perfect mid with Luke Shuey.

Are Cripps & Co going to take the next step. Both Cripps and Walsh are special players. It is the rest I am not sure of. Why bring in an ageing Eddie?

Do Sydney play Blakey on a wing with Buddy? Will Dawson take the next step and become elite? He's bloody close and probably the most exciting player in the AFL.

Will Port improve. They shunted two perfectly good players in Grey and Howard. I think they are stuffed. Howard will be a star.

On U27 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Bluey Shelton

Debutant
Nov 12, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Daniher, Zerk Thatcher and D Clarke at my club. Naughton and Lipinski from Scraggers. Whole team at Brisbane - exciting to watch. Buddy and Dylan Stephens at Swans. Clarko and what he conjures up at Hawks. Rankine at GCS.

Tom Lynch with a full preseason, Stack and Pickett with a full preseason

From other clubs:
Rankine
Walsh
Naughton
Rowell
McKay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Kelly getting taps from NicNat could be a thing of beauty.
Tarryn Thomas for sure
Izak Rankine
The Naughton & Bruce combo
Bailey Smith after completing a pre-season

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Not confident Daniher can get on the park but hopefully Orazio Fantasia can stay fit. It's fun watching a bloke built like a skinny teenager impact games with pure pace and skill.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
love watching the Paps play. Just love the way he goes about it, the passion combined with natural talent

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From each club:

Dusty, Lynch, (Higgins?)
Greene, Williams, Ward, Whitfield
de Goey, Moore, Stephenson
Danger, Clark, Cockatoo
Kelly, Nicnat, McGov
Raymer, Hipwood
Bont, Naughton/Bruce/Schache
Daniher, Tippa, Mosquito
Mitchell, Wingard, O’Meara
Rozee, Wines
Sloan, Milera
Zurhaar, Brown
Fyfe, Walters, Hogan
Buddy, Heeney
Parker, Hannebery, Brad Hill, Zak Jones
McKay, Betts, Martin, Docherty
Bradshaw, Viney, Petracca, Lever, May (will they lift the Dees?)
Rowell, Anderson

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
McCluggage. Thought he would eventually be a top 10 midfielder during his draft year and possibly carve out a Pendlebury like career. 4th year, needs to build on 2019 and make AA.

Back