Which players on your club's list grew up barracking for the team they play for?

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
That you know of. I'd assume quite a few of the WA Eagles boys did (it kind of gladdens me to think moreso than most Victorian clubs). I know they're pros, but I dunno, I think it'd mean even more if you played for a club you supported. E.g. Richo or Jono Brown. Conversely it'd be interesting to hear of players playing for a club they hated growing up.

Tom Barrass is the first that springs to mind

Luke McDonald and Jackson Archer as father-sons.

Miller Bergman and Josh GOATer as well.

Did your player Scott go for Geelong, Suns or North?

Forgot about him, but I have no idea. He was born in Robert's last season at North (and his career) so it could go either way.

James Harmes went for the Dees growing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Moore
Jack Scrimshaw (famously sat front row and high-fived Brad Hill after he kicked a goal in the 2013 Grand Final)
Jai Newcombe
Josh Ward

I think there are more I'm forgetting too.

Leaving any father sons out of it, only one I can think of currently is Matty Cotrell. Small feeling that Adam Saad also did but cant confirm.

Will Brodie, was a big Mick Barlow fan.

Leaving any father sons out of it, only one I can think of currently is Matty Cotrell. Small feeling that Adam Saad also did but cant confirm.
Sam Docherty was a Carlton supporter growing up. He is no longer there but Levi Casboult was also a Carlton fan as a kid.

Jack Steele was G Man the team mascot and he still left us.

Luke Jackson grew up a Freo fan...

...whoops, gone five months too early on this post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back