Which players were you surprised did make it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dane Swan.

Spent 3-4 years looking like a fat waddler, playing regularly for Williamstown etc. then he started getting a more regular game and looked like a bloke who could find the footy but wasn't all that dangerous. Nek minit he's one of the best midfielders in the comp getting 30+ disposals a game and finishing top 3 in the Brownlow (winning one) 4 years in a row. Still a fat waddler but for a bout 5 years was a 30 disposal, goal a game midfielder. About the only bloke who could get 40 touches and still annoy his coach for not working hard enough.:D

Kade Simpson, thought he was no good.

Heath Scotland when he was at Collingwood i thought was garbage but ended up a very good player for Carlton.

Darren Glass I got completely wrong, looked hopeless at first.

Sandi when he first started there is no way you could see him becoming a multi AA 15 year player.

Mason Cox

I had him tagged a really big bloke with no footy skills or nous. Watched a couple of Pies games recently, and he has developed a feel for the game. Makes good decisions and knows how to feed the crumbers when he cant mark.
I concede I got that one wrong.

Don't know if he has been mentioned, Kyle Cheney. I watch him play and he is very half decent!
Agree. Half the time he is decent, the other half not.

Joking. If he is allowed to play his role ge does it well, but doesn't have much flexibility

I remember not thinking very highly of Jason Johannisen in his early days. He had pace but not much else. Turned himself into a very good footballer and I'm glad we've kept him as he's a WA boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Lambert.
Thought he was a good VFL player at best.

And he's 1 game from 70 games. (Lambert debuted in 2015.)

Not a milestone but he's reached 70 games relatively quickly.

As a comparison, Daniel Menzel was drafted 5 years earlier in 2009, the same year Kane was first eligible for the draft and, because of injuries, has found himself 2 games behind Lambert.

Best thing about these sentences, he's a premiership Tiger now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back