BUBBALOUIS

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2001
Victoria, HAWTHORN, GLENF
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
leeds united
Morgan Poll has Labor 5 points ahead, two ther polls have the coalition 4 and 6 points ahead .....

Overall , i think the sentiment through talkback radio has shifted slightly towards the ALP, with local issues finally being discussed, but the electorate is really hard to guage this time around ....

Do you take any notice of these polls? Does it have any bearing or influence towards the outcome, will some people for example if the coalition are miles ahead in the polls, vote Labor as a protest vote without thinking they will put them into power ..

Tonights launch by Labor of its policies/directions will have a big bearing on the swinging voters out there ...... Will that influence any one on here either way? Did John Howard do a good job with his on Sunday night?

I don't really take much notice of the polls anymore.

They pretty much have no reflection on the outcome. They give you a general idea, but if the polls are close, like they really are, then you know the election will be close and could go either way.
But you cannot really tell a clear leader.

with an increasing percentage of swinging voters it is now impossible to get even a rough idea of how the major parties will fare in the election.

my guess is that whoever wins the election will tell more lies, decrease taxes in one area as they increase them in another whilst they systematically cut some services and increase spending on others. they will double talk about what a good job they are doing whilst bagging the opposition and avoid any important analysis of their economic management by deflecting talks to topics about the war/footy/races when major economic figures are announced.

i haven't made up my mind yet and find it difficult to choose between howard who reminds me of my great grand mother and beazley who is an ineffectual blanc mange. even in the local electorate i have the ugly face of kemp on brochures in my mailbox urging me to vote liberal and about 12 other candidates who i have never heard of with some very strange ideas.

once again i'll vote then cross my fingers and hope the rest of you get it right, then i will complain for another 3 years about what a crap govenment we have, and i will be right. :D

LMAO@ STL :D

I don't pay any attention to the polls. With so many swinging voters the only poll that means anything is the election itself. The rest can't possibly use big enough samples to be meaningful.

Originally posted by joshhem
I think that the polls are used to manuipulate us. If they show a sudden swing then that can influence the way that we vote. I wouldn't be suprised if the parties are paying these poll people. I just ignore them. I think all the election stuff's boring.
Totally agree Joshem

For 1st time voters or swinging voters, they see the polls & think they will go with the status quo.

Polls should be banned, becaue they can be rigged by the media running them.

Originally posted by mantis

Polls should be banned, becaue they can be rigged by the media running them.

Once again talking about something you know absolutely nothing about.

How about doing some "research" instead of making it up as you go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by mantis
For 1st time voters or swinging voters, they see the polls & think they will go with the status quo.

Absolute crap.

No matter how smart or how dumb, how rich or how poor a person is, they get one vote. How they use it is up to them. Some people will read the papers and think about their vote. Others will automatically vote ALP, Liberal, Fairyla...er....Democrats, regardless of policies (and those who vote automatically for a certain party....is that any worse than simply accepting the status quo?). And it doesn't matter if they are a first time voter or voting for the umpteenth time.

As for swinging voters, by definition, they have to be convinced to vote for a particular party. After all, neither party can take a swinging voter for granted. So therefore, the swinging voter is the one that is most likely to think about the policies each party offers and how it will affect them personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back