Opinion Which Preliminary Finals would have lead us to a premiership if we had have won them ?

Which years would we have won the GF if only we'd won the PF the previous week ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 7 12.1%

Votes: 40 69.0%

Votes: 21 36.2%

Votes: 4 6.9%

Votes: 46 79.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone mentioned 1980??
Dammm we were stiff... Bloody Collingwood. We had Richmond's measure that year...IMO.
1981 not so much... we should of won that Prelim one as well.
But Carlton had our measure that year IMO.
Showing my age but hey nice to at least remember s**t like that.... lol
Cheers Boys!!

Has anyone mentioned 1980??
Dammm we were stiff... Bloody Collingwood. We had Richmond's measure that year...IMO.
1981 not so much... we should of won that Prelim one as well.
But Carlton had our measure that year IMO.
Showing my age but hey nice to at least remember s**t like that.... lol
Cheers Boys!!

1980 we were probably second best in it. Richmond were clearly in front by the year’s end. We were prone to making some interesting finals calls back then too.

LOL... More like OUR TEAM lost 11 of their last 15 finals.
Teams win games... Teams lose games.
Players on the field, you know the ones... they kick handball mark tackle pressure shepherd etc etc....
It has been proven time and time again throughout history.
Can't remember Luke Beveridge winning the flag for the dogs, without Tommy Boyd & a couple of his mates they'd have zilch??
Nor Adam Simpson... looked like Dom Sheed to me LOL.
Continue with your COOL story mate.
Cheers & GO CATTERS!!
Oh dear... coaches also lose ganes. He has an awful finals record abd his teams have underperformed badly in finals.... coach has some responsibility for that .

Oh dear... coaches also lose ganes. He has an awful finals record abd his teams have underperformed badly in finals.... coach has some responsibility for that .

LOL. Yeah okay.
Too many players not up to it when the heat was turned up in September & played badly. Pressure increases some players crumble.
Nothing new... same players saying the same things after losses. They know, u know, we know... they play like crap we get beat.
Responsibility has been and always is with the players to preform if you want to win.
FWIW You should have a few cigarettes and a round of golf with Malcolm Blight... very insightful... walking football mastermind. Amazing man.
One quote i still remember is... All the planning in the world means very little if players cannot execute.

nope, and nor should they.

if we had done the same to GWS in the GF this year and the above was posted on their board, we would rightfully mock it in our 'opposition supporters say...' thread.
Well said. Good on you for calling him out. GWS were in the grand final because they deserved to be. They smashed a red hot western bulldogs and then beat Brisbane and Collingwood away. Knowing Collingwood’s record in grand finals, who’s to say that would have been anymore prestigious

LOL. Yeah okay.
Too many players not up to it when the heat was turned up in September & played badly. Pressure increases some players crumble.
Nothing new... same players saying the same things after losses. They know, u know, we know... they play like crap we get beat.
Responsibility has been and always is with the players to preform if you want to win.
FWIW You should have a few cigarettes and a round of golf with Malcolm Blight... very insightful... walking football mastermind. Amazing man.
One quote i still remember is... All the planning in the world means very little if players cannot execute.

Chris Scott is a choker-lucked out first year and a great side and has stuffed up countless chances since.....to aggro, thinks he is the smartest guy in the room, is bad for our brand and is never wrong. Can't win when it matters.

Back