Which premiership side is the best of the last four years?

Which premiership side is the best of the last four years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What ever happened to the good old days of Cats vs Hawks s**t fights? What fun we all had

I know it just isn't the same, over time both sides wound up with an appreciation of the other in some begrudging way. And then us Cats fans experienced Richmond fans who make all the other posters look like geniuses.

Playing the entire 2nd half of the season at home has its perks. For context, WC beat you by 10 goals on their home deck. You scraped over the line when we played you at the G.
Totally agree with you Coaster that the fixture was dodgy - Richmond’s last 7 weeks of H&A was a strange and unnecessary anomaly and it needed to be addressed the previous November when the fixture was constructed.

That said, Richmond only had four home matches between week 2 and week 17, three against MCG co-tenants and the other Geelong, definitely no strangers to the venue. Imagine the outrage if the Eagles were fixtured to play at Optus only 4 times across 14 consecutive rounds of a season, with at least 3 of those 4 against (a more competitive) Fremantle?

How Richmond were still in touch with the contenders by the time Round 17 came around was a miracle. Scandalous fixturing all round.

I know it just isn't the same, over time both sides wound up with an appreciation of the other in some begrudging way. And then us Cats fans experienced Richmond fans who make all the other posters look like geniuses.
I hate saying it - but as painful as you guys were - I want those days back. Tiges fans are unbearable aren’t they?

1590909139342.gif

ps: ten minutes into round two I already hate you again

They were. Sometimes it really does take until Grand Final day. Collingwood in 2011 were another, they’d only lost 2 games during home and away (both to us), and it was only really clear after the Grand Final that Geelong were the better team.
Essendon 2001. Being the reigning premiers & minor premiers of that year meant they were favourites, but really come GF day ( & well beyond ) it was plain to see that the Lions were the superior team.

Hawks record at KP is v good albeit now a bit dated
Win the ball and kick it to a million clunking forwards I think will be the (unClarko like) game plan for round two. Works perfectly on a narrow ground.

I only wish there were thousands of locals crying in the stands like there should be - but alas, this is the new normal and we must get used to it

Win the ball and kick it to a million clunking forwards I think will be the (unClarko like) game plan for round two. Works perfectly on a narrow ground.

I only wish there were thousands of locals crying in the stands like there should be - but alas, this is the new normal and we must get used to it
Even Youd accept that Hawthorn are horrendous on any level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn are the greatest team of the last 60 years
Anyone that says otherwise is a jealous hater. And probably a Donald Trump fan!
As much as lovers of the sport would love to undo history, unfortunately it is what it is.

But like European fascism, Ukraine famine and other like historical disasters Hawthorn premierships are there as beacons future generations will strive to avoid

As much as lovers of the sport would love to undo history, unfortunately it is what it is.

But like European fascism, Ukraine famine and other like historical disasters Hawthorn premierships are there as beacons future generations will strive to avoid

Like it or not Hawthorn will win a premiership again between 2020-2030, continuing the "premiership in every decade" mantra.... it's what we do best :p

Back