• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
That Matera goal to put us in front is my all time fave Eagles highlight.

The ball just doesnt deviate from 50m on the run ball clears the fence.

Kick wouldve been 70m.

The celebration. The commentary. The time and situation of the game. The moment. The history.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
That Matera goal to put us in front is my all time fave Eagles highlight.

The ball just doesnt deviate from 50m on the run ball clears the fence.

Kick wouldve been 70m.

The celebration. The commentary. The time and situation of the game. The moment. The history.

Chick's heroics to set up Hunter's goal
Sir Dominic's goal
Up the %*&@(%& Coasters!!!

We've been blessed :moustache:

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I loved everyone, they were all so good. Peter Matera's performance in the 92 granny still for mine the best ever, kicked 3 from well outside 50 and was dodging and weaving in and out of traffic, kicked the another on his left from 45 on the run. I've watched every granny since 89' and it was best performance I've ever seen.

But, 2018 is my favourite. The whole year was unexpected for me, thought we'd be lower half of the 8 at the start of the season. Then later in the season when we lost Gaff and Nic Nat I thought surely we can't win it from here, then Shep goes down. They just kept exceeding expectations!!!

But when Richmond got knocked out of the prelim I remember quite a sobering moment where I thought we can win it this year!
Got my ticket for granny, sat surrounded by pies supporters and quickly 5 goals down and the supporters around me were very vocal and I remember one fat bogun very very happy with himself and he said 'scoreboard pressure, scoreboard pressure' as he turned and smiled at me. After attending 2015, at this point I seriously contemplated leaving. But then the magic unfolded, and when Yeo kicked his goal I knew we'd win it! But the rollercoaster of tension continued as DeGoey and Donkey goaled early in the last term, but then to be sat almost behind Dom's Goal there is nothing better.
A mate later got me into the September club where I got a few photos with Embley, Q Stick, Juddy and I thought this night can't get any better! But it was only just starting, I was walking around the MCG at about 10pm after the September club closed and was heading to the city to party with other supporters. Outside the members, I saw a lady holding a sign with 'The Emerson' (a night club a mate of mine owns) to which I asked her who's going to the Emerson? She responded those two buses there are taking the Eagles there to the afterparty, quickly called my mate and he sorted me out to gain entry to the afterparty.
What a party that was, got photo's with all the players.

So from a personal perspective that is my favourite granny and I'm not sure it can be topped, but let's win a lot more and see if we can top that!

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I loved everyone, they were all so good. Peter Matera's performance in the 92 granny still for mine the best ever, kicked 3 from well outside 50 and was dodging and weaving in and out of traffic, kicked the another on his left from 45 on the run. I've watched every granny since 89' and it was best performance I've ever seen.

But, 2018 is my favourite. The whole year was unexpected for me, thought we'd be lower half of the 8 at the start of the season. Then later in the season when we lost Gaff and Nic Nat I thought surely we can't win it from here, then Shep goes down. They just kept exceeding expectations!!!

But when Richmond got knocked out of the prelim I remember quite a sobering moment where I thought we can win it this year!
Got my ticket for granny, sat surrounded by pies supporters and quickly 5 goals down and the supporters around me were very vocal and I remember one fat bogun very very happy with himself and he said 'scoreboard pressure, scoreboard pressure' as he turned and smiled at me. After attending 2015, at this point I seriously contemplated leaving. But then the magic unfolded, and when Yeo kicked his goal I knew we'd win it! But the rollercoaster of tension continued as DeGoey and Donkey goaled early in the last term, but then to be sat almost behind Dom's Goal there is nothing better.
A mate later got me into the September club where I got a few photos with Embley, Q Stick, Juddy and I thought this night can't get any better! But it was only just starting, I was walking around the MCG at about 10pm after the September club closed and was heading to the city to party with other supporters. Outside the members, I saw a lady holding a sign with 'The Emerson' (a night club a mate of mine owns) to which I asked her who's going to the Emerson? She responded those two buses there are taking the Eagles there to the afterparty, quickly called my mate and he sorted me out to gain entry to the afterparty.
What a party that was, got photo's with all the players.

So from a personal perspective that is my favourite granny and I'm not sure it can be topped, but let's win a lot more and see if we can top that!
Awesome story! Did Juddy seem excited that the Eagles had won? I've always wondered if he still has a genuine connection with the club.

BTW, what is the September club?

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Awesome story! Did Juddy seem excited that the Eagles had won? I've always wondered if he still has a genuine connection with the club.

BTW, what is the September club?
Juddy did seem quite excited and was certainly drinking and stayed until the very end, he was with Q Stick at the time!
They do the September club every year at the Grand final, bit like the birdcage at Flemington over the spring carnival. It's outside the Great southern stand, and basically huge section where it's all free food/booze and heaps of different marquees you can wander in and out of, everyone in footy is there. Awesome if you can get in, but hard to get into. I just got lucky that my mates company had a few no shows, and I made the most of the free booze!

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Was just staring at my 2006 framed panoramic premiership poster smiling and studying the scores...

Not many sides wouldve won/held on to win a flag kicking just 4.6 in a half.
Collingwood kicked 2.6 in the second half of the draw.

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Internazionale, Man U
has to be 18 for me

2006 was just a *en heart killer.

Was too young for the other two but i have watched those game and 1992 wouldve been something else. would have been a big * you to the league.

but 18 i just had my first child on the 23rd and that week was a week of pure emotion. and then winning the flag in the circumstances we did was something else. i still watch the videos of my mates recording me at home as i lost my s**t in the last five minutes. i had my father in law over as well who was a collingwood supporter and literally as he tried to leave to go home i yelled " COME HERE YOURE GOING TO WATCH US *erS WIN YOURE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!)

one of the best weeks of my life. heres hoping we win it again this year. this year after covid, a win would be spectacular

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back