Discussion Which Sainters live nearest/furthest from Docklands and Moorabbin?

Remove this Banner Ad

No atmosphere though

Yeah, I used to get free seats from my wife's old work. I used to get stared at if I got excited and spoke over a loudish mumble. I hate the MC. Much rather the level three ferals.... at least they're awake. Sitting with the cheer squad is pretty good if it's a big game too. It has atmosphere but s**t view though.

Yeah, I used to get free seats from my wife's old work. I used to get stared at if I got excited and spoke over a loudish mumble. I hate the MC. Much rather the level three ferals.... at least they're awake. Sitting with the cheer squad is pretty good if it's a big game too. It has atmosphere but s**t view though.
Love the mc. See the game from the bar. Plenty to yell about after 10 stubbies don’t mind the ted whiten bar either. Anywhere you can drink and watch live is good to me.

Love the mc. See the game from the bar. Plenty to yell about after 10 stubbies don’t mind the ted whiten bar either. Anywhere you can drink and watch live is good to me.

The bar is definitely better. Less line up and better booze for similar prices.

I went to the medallion bar at the mcg last year I might try and get in there at Marvel. I’ll probably be yelling some inappropriate rugby league references.

Just saw this thread now, I thought being in Sweden would get me the win as it’s pretty much the top of the earth to the bottom of the earth when I look at a map between me and Marvel Stadium.... but alas, using google I’m 15,597 kms away.

The UK and Irish fans easily have me covered! :)

17266km. Bite me.
mic drop.
Peace out mofo's.

Do you live right next door to Moorabin and are counting the kilometres around the world the opposite way :smile:

I want to win this. Haven't experienced many victories since joining the Saints forum:p

Do you live right next door to Moorabin and are counting the kilometres around the world the opposite way :smile:

I want to win this. Haven't experienced many victories since joining the Saints forum:p

Blame my Irish wife. She took me out of Melbourne - and around 45 km away from Moorabbin -and took me to live in a town an hour or so north of Dublin.
It's okay...I blame her for loads of stuff 😆

Blame my Irish wife. She took me out of Melbourne - and around 45 km away from Moorabbin -and took me to live in a town an hour or so north of Dublin.
It's okay...I blame her for loads of stuff 😆

Fair enough, I am vanquished. Unless there's a supporter on the west coast, like Galway, you will be impossible to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, I am vanquished. Unless there's a supporter on the west coast, like Galway, you will be impossible to beat.

Hmm, see...now I feel bad. Maybe we ought to stop competing and join forces?? We could start a "Distant Saints fan club" and lobby HQ for a once a year, all inclusive, game package to be held in our honour at the G or the dome.

I'm sure all the gang here on BF would be fine with it 😆 🍻

316 km to Linton Street for me and 323 km to Docklands.

Perhaps we should have an award for longest day trip to attend a regular match. All up a day game day for me is a minimum 14 hour round trip.

So Round 1 2020 (North V Saints 1.10 PM Docklands) means a 7.00AM start with a 2 hour drive, then 2 1/4 hour train trip.

That gets me there with just enough time to have lunch and a couple of beers with some mates before the game, then throw in a quick meal on the way home means I get back home at 9.00PM at the earliest.

That's proper dedication Pebbles, impressive...but there are no awards for you. I'm winning this at the moment buddy, and you don't get to move the goal posts, because you're not placed on the podium. This isn't happy fun time school where everyone gets a prize goddammit 🤨

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back