2nds Which SANFL club do you support?

Which SANFL club do you most identify with?

• Central District

• Glenelg

• North Adelaide

• Norwood

• Port Adelaide

• South Adelaide

• Sturt

• West Adelaide

• Woodville-West Torrens

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Norwood.

My grandma’s brothers were Perc and Bill McCallum.

I got a pretty good view into the inner sanctum as a young fella in the 80s because of that, watched most games with ex-players … and disappointed everyone when I played soccer for Adelaide City instead of footy for the legs!!

My older sister used the connections in different ways!?!? She dated a bunch of footballers including Justin Scanlon and Jay Viney.

But to get back to the point at hand … Redlegs - I wouldn’t switch from Crows to them in the AFL. TO MUCH PAIN ALREADY IN THE BANK WITH THIS MUPPET-FEST!!

Most of the problems I have with the AFL competition would not go away by supporting another non-Victorian team. Same goes for a Tassie team … although I reckon it’s becoming more likely that I’ll end up following the Devils eventually. Going to games strengthens the bond … every chance that Tassie get a premiership before the Crows :-(

Sturt.

Dad was a mad West Torrens fan. But it was as simple for me as blue being my favourite colour when I was little. He tried to sway me by saying the Eagles are mostly blue.

"Yeah but Sturt are double blue!"

By default, it's probably Sturt.

Dad is a Sturt fan. Mum is a Glenelg fan. Brother was a Port fan. I played for our local Tigers side growing up (not Glenelg). We're from the country so not geographically close to either, but our local zone was always Sturt, so any mates that made the jump to SANFL ended up at Sturt. So they were the only team that I had any personal link to.

That said, our zone has since changed to West Adelaide so going forward that link won't be there either.

My brother had me convinced on Port for a while, but then when I heard we'd have to share our home ground with them I got pissed off at them :tearsofjoy:

Honestly, I don't really care and don't follow it at all. I'm 37 so by the time I knew what footy was, the Crows had just started. Apart from the guys I know through friends or sport that ended up at Sturt, I couldn't name a single other player for them, Glenelg, or whoever. The only SANFL club I give any second of thought to these days is the Crows reserves.

If someone like Sturt or Glenelg came in, or even Norwood, I'd probably pick them as a 2nd team. But I can't see it happening tbh.

Last edited:
I followed my father and grandfather into being a mad West Torrens supporter after they both played for them. I absolutely loved going to Thebarton oval and idolised Bruce Lindsay to the extent that I always wore the number 32 on my jumpers playing junior footy for South Adelaide and Torrens reserves after getting a transfer finally. Proudest moment was winning a reserves premiership in 1990 the very last time that my beloved blue and gold jumper was worn on field prior to the merger with Woodville.
There were plenty of dark days supporting Torrens, but every win was celebrated like a premiership. Bringing Woodville into the competition was a huge mistake with so many teams already squeezed into the western suburbs and was a killer for Torrens, being a predominantly ethnic area.
It's great to see the success that the new Eagles have had since merging with Woodville, being a regular finalist and winning a few premierships, but I do not have the same passion with them playing at Woodville oval and wearing yellow jumpers instead of blue.
Since the Crows reserves have come into the competition, I prefer to watch our young players developing than to watch the yellow eagles play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loosely followed Glenelg as a kid, but now follow the Crows reserves team.

My grandfather and the cousins who I used to think were "cool" growing up supported them so I defied my parent's attempt to try and indoctrinate me to be a North Adelaide supporter and casually followed the Bays.

I was never really passionately invested in football until the Crows first started which was around the time I started high school.

Norwood.

My grandma’s brothers were Perc and Bill McCallum.

I got a pretty good view into the inner sanctum as a young fella in the 80s because of that, watched most games with ex-players … and disappointed everyone when I played soccer for Adelaide City instead of footy for the legs!!

My older sister used the connections in different ways!?!? She dated a bunch of footballers including Justin Scanlon and Jay Viney.

But to get back to the point at hand … Redlegs - I wouldn’t switch from Crows to them in the AFL. TO MUCH PAIN ALREADY IN THE BANK WITH THIS MUPPET-FEST!!

Most of the problems I have with the AFL competition would not go away by supporting another non-Victorian team. Same goes for a Tassie team … although I reckon it’s becoming more likely that I’ll end up following the Devils eventually. Going to games strengthens the bond … every chance that Tassie get a premiership before the Crows :-(
Did your older sister once upon a time work for a paving manufacturer 😁

PS oh forgot port Adelaide

Never really had any emotional investment in any club, being born in 88, my earliest memories are of the crows.

Dad went for South, so I had a soft spot for them.
WWT Eagles were the local-ish team (through school footy, etc)
and given I was brought up in the western suburbs, I didn't mind West.

The deep seeded hatred for Port was instilled very early on, but I just had no real care for any team other than the crows.

To summarise - i've never really given a s*** about SANFL

I dodged the family curse of being a Woodpecker supporter by a couple of years, seeing post-merger baby. I have a soft spot for WWT, but also don't have any real emotional investment in the club.

Westies, emotionally invested unfortunately 😅. I’d much rather they win than the SANFL Crows. I’m 44 so were 12 before the Crows started and spent many days down at Richmond with my Dad & Gramps watching the Bloods before the Crows started in the AFL.

Westies since following at a kid about 1970. The spectacle of sanfl and vfl footy in the 70s 80s and 90s puts the game now to shame. We were privileged to have grown up then. The current pressure packed FLICKBALL is hard to stomach despite my love for the game. I get points for my suffering in recent years but trust the bloods will rise sooner then AFC.

On Redmi Note 9 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back