Strategy Which senior listed player(s) to move to the rookie list?

Which senior listed player to move to the rookie list to create space?

• Phoenix Spicer

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Jack Mahony

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Jack Ziebell

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • other (specify)

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Aaron Hall

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok why do bris have so many picks and they will only take two players
Cos lions will end up going with 36 on their senior list so they will have 2 spare senior list spots that they will take in the rookie draft instead and thus carry 2 extra picks in the draft to match bids

We are going to max out our senior list at 38 so have no spare senior list spots to bring extra live picks to the draft unless we delist

Cos lions will end up going with 36 on their senior list so they will have 2 spare senior list spots that they will take in the rookie draft instead and thus carry 2 extra picks in the draft to match bids

We are going to max out our senior list at 38 so have no spare senior list spots to bring extra live picks to the draft unless we delist
Oh ok thank you for the run down

From what I can tell we have 1 week left (21st) to sort this out before we have to lock in spots for the draft
I thought that was for those already delisted to decide if they want to nominate for a draft. I wonder if pick 43 would remain in place on draft night except if we utilise 2/3/23/40 on players.
Yea but nov 21st is also the deadline date for everyone to nominate for the drafts

So it would still be the same applicable deadline date. In terms of anyone we delist that we want on the rookie drafts would have to be done and nominate by this date also

I would take all fresh rookies.

Don't like this senior player being demoted - either delist them or keep them.
These are contracted players so you wouldn’t want to pay them out fully

As for keeping them we may but it’s more so if we want to bring pick 40 and 43 to the draft to use or live trade we need to make space

Otherwise we need to do a pick swap prior to this date so we aren’t left wasting them and not being able to bring to draft night

These are contracted players so you wouldn’t want to pay them out fully

As for keeping them we may but it’s more so if we want to bring pick 40 and 43 to the draft to use or live trade we need to make space

Otherwise we need to do a pick swap prior to this date so we aren’t left wasting them and not being able to bring to draft night

Why are we paying anyone else out?

Just let those you've listed play out their contract and delist if it doesn't work out, or they take a step forward and earn another contract.

To me all rookie spots provides an opportunity to improve the list.

Why are we paying anyone else out?

Just let those you've listed play out their contract and delist if it doesn't work out, or they take a step forward and earn another contract.

To me all rookie spots provides an opportunity to improve the list.
Again it’s about being able to bring pick 40 and 43 (which come in a bit after bids) to the draft to use or live trade

If we don’t do a pick swap prior, then to bring them to draft night we need to delist a player (and move to the rookie list or payout if we want)

So the brains trust have decided not to move a player to the rookie list

So instead of spicer/mahony on the rookie list and pick 43

We now have pick 54-62 and a spare rookie spot

There must be a reason why we've gone that option rather than your preference.

You know the rules much better than I do on salary caps, list spots etc but again, there must be a reason surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does sound strange.

Maybe the answer lies in next years draft as we only had 2 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder. Maybe wanted points for Pickett Jnr as FS?

Not sure where he is expected to go next year though and whether the 3rd would have been enough?

Maybe they wanted the extra rookie spot for an experienced player rather than another kid?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our rookie preferences must all be in relatively low demand and/or available via SSP and we want to hold a spot open for the MSD too.

It did originally seem like the whole expanded rookie list was to shift guys off the main list over and above the uncontracted more obvious options.

Back