Review Which spud did you think was going to be a star?

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
TBF to JWS, he was never a spud. Unquestionably an elite talent that could never get the ankle right.
Yeah absolutely, I tried to indicate that by claiming the injuries crippled him. Was definitely a great talent

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
TBF to JWS, he was never a spud. Unquestionably an elite talent that could never get the ankle right.

He would have multiple AA's under his belt by now.

This thread is for the tip.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I'd forgotten until I saw the list in the other thread that Adam Lange was a Rising Star nominee. As was Brad Moran.

Lots of players in this thread who didn't live up to expectation. Not sure there have been others who started so well and went on to accomplish so little.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Digby Morrell
Jeremy Clayton

Arathrawn

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Josh Smith. Was BOG in a VFL grand final when we were aligned with the Roosters. Big unit who could play CHF, CHB and Ruck. Unfortunately had the turning circle of the Titanic.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Saintly_

All Australian
Aug 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I might be blind, but I've looked through this whole thread and have not seen our once great white hope mentioned... Injuries crippled sadly.

Jesse W. Smith

Yes you may be blind unfortunately if you can't read the OP.

He came over (with a Sandover medal i think), about the same time as Phil Kelly, and Kim Hodgeman, just handy, but Peter Spencer never really set the world on fire.
Bit like Jonas, but injury destroyed him.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
I can tell you when we got Shannon's brother, Vic Country Captain and Vic Metro Captain with our first three picks I was pretty happy.
Actually a pretty good draft for us. Yes, there was Motlop and D Smith, but also Daniel Harris, Petrie, Sav Rocca, Corey Jones and Daniel Pratt. Even Leigh Harding as a rookie.

From the same rookie draft, I thought we were on a winner with Rod Tregenza. Two-time leading goalkicker in the WAFL, kicked ten in a state game but missed his first year with us through injury and won the goalkicking at Murray from half a season before getting injured again and was cut.

wazza03

All Australian
Aug 31, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
John McCarthy & Adrian McAdam
Definitely not spuds but these two could have been anything.
McCarthy was doomed from the start as everyone referred to him as Mr Potential and I can’t ever remember a player who hit the AFL scene like McAdam did with 68 goals from his first 17 games (23 from his first 3)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back