• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
In the aftermath of the grand final victory, and reflecting on how RFC has to change to stay ahead of the competition, it looks like a lot of us think the addition of a tall forward will be a positive change to our game plan. Names being thrown up are Tomlinson, Gunston, Himmelburg, Patton etc.
Tomlinson, Himmelburg and Pattton played well in the Prelim. We do need more of a forward but I reckon if Tomlinson was available. He could develop into a forward. 5 tackles in the Prelim was a great effort. If Lynch is off limits this year, then we could back our tall depth at the club Moore & Griff see if Moore can transfer his VFL form to AFL level. Griff is there, of course, as back up, (until he injures himself again.) Gunston is a skilled forward, used to be an amazing set shot. He seems to have lost a bit of accuracy but has been playing all over the ground. The fear might be, that his best is behind him. Stringer is a smaller model KPF. Had his currency lowered by some bad press by an ex-wife. The gambling issues may or not be true. That is an addiction that needs treatment. I don't doubt he's been screwing around. For me that is not such a big deal. I would have him at the club based on his best footy. I don't know what he'd cost. Lynch would be the best KPF available. I just fear that he will be dangled the "ambassador carrot ($0.5mill), and wait and see how the new coach goes. Means that he won't move this year. And if things do improve at the club in the absence of GAJ, Lynch might really find his niche, settle into the captain role and be hard to prise out in future

Last edited:

If he cant ruck no need
I don't think they need to be able to ruck that well, just be a good get out kick down the line.

For large portions of the grand final we played Grigg in the ruck with Nank sitting a kick behind play. If we can have someone else sitting in that position then we Nank can spend more time rucking

1) Is Griff going to be OK? If yes, then look to draft or younger AFL KPF.
If no:
2) KPF with mobility and loves a contest. If high quality and younger (Lynch) throw the kitchen sink at him. If Schache or equivalent throw a lot, but not all we've got.

3) If not that quality mobile contesting tall then go the draft. Or try for a trade to gets us into next year.

I don't think they need to be able to ruck that well, just be a good get out kick down the line.

For large portions of the grand final we played Grigg in the ruck with Nank sitting a kick behind play. If we can have someone else sitting in that position then we Nank can spend more time rucking

Disagree, we got away with it but wont in the future, need a tall that can ruck as all our other talls on the ground cant

Plenty of options. But most will be hard to get. Might have to grab Lynch next year. Tomlinson is a back so don't need. Gunston or Stanley would be good for now.

Lynch is the obvious answer, but he would cost two arms and two legs.
I like Gunston as he plays that 2nd forward role really well.
Ah who the * am I kidding...

WE JUST WON A ******* PREMIERSHIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Himmelberg looked as cool as ice early on in the Prelim against us...... quite liked his lead up and marking ability, seemed to read the play well.

I know he has just re-signed with GWS...... to me he would be an interesting prospect......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the right option is available we need the relief rucking forward. If it isn't available we go as this year, with Soldo/Hampson to play a few games when needed to take the load of Nank. Worked out well this year and the bye before finals gives Nank the rest to go solo (particularly if we finish top 4 and win the QF for an extra weeks rest) when we go back to back. :D

Make a deal with GWS. They have Lobbe, Patton, Cameron, Himmelberg and Mumford. Cant play them all.

They will probably get rid of Mumford but are still top heavy perhaps? They would cost a lot though.

Tom Lynch. Supposedly Gold Coast want Tippett which would mean there is a good chance Lynch wants out. We'd probably have to get rid of guys like Miles, Lloyd, Griffiths, and Conca to afford him though.

Tom Lynch. Supposedly Gold Coast want Tippett which would mean there is a good chance Lynch wants out. We'd probably have to get rid of guys like Miles, Lloyd, Griffiths, and Conca to afford him though.
So we give up four blokes who can't make our best 22 for a bloke who is potentially the best forward in the game.
Ok let's do it.

The Port player's name came up at one stage. So I put him in the poll

Shouldn't even be considered.

Lobb from GWS on the other hand is going to be a superstar.

Back