• Lobbe

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • draft a tall

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • other

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Throw everything at Lynch to get him down here: a few mil, ceremonial B&F, a stake in the Martin/Cotchin property development, Mrs. Hardwick etc.

would be a good idea

its a risk but who cares? thing is a good time to be making outlandish moves

Absolute no on Stringer for mine. Way too much personal baggage in addition to his on-field issues. I tend to agree that we should make a deal with GWS for one of their many talls.

Lynch or Cameron would be fairly ideal...

Patton also...

otherwise given we have a pretty young life building though the draft to compliment that doesnt sound too bad.

interesting times ahead. the clubs could blitz things on and off field if they dont stuff it up

Throw everything at Lynch to get him down here: a few mil, ceremonial B&F, a stake in the Martin/Cotchin property development, Mrs. Hardwick etc.

Nah, offer him significant unders, place two flags on the table, walk out with a wink and a grin.

One of the advantages of winning a flag and having a list which looks like it will be ultra-competitive well down the track, is that players want to be traded to you for a crack at a flag, with the money a secondary consideration.

We now have the best carrot of all to wave in prospective player's faces and any who hold out for money can go find it elsewhere.

Nah, offer him significant unders, place two flags on the table, walk out with a wink and a grin.

One of the advantages of winning a flag and having a list which looks like it will be ultra-competitive well down the track, is that players want to be traded to you for a crack at a flag, with the money a secondary consideration.

We now have the best carrot of all to wave in prospective player's faces and any who hold out for money can go find it elsewhere.

I did read an article that suggested success will be the main driver to getting Lynch, but then again Lever said he wasn't leaving Adelaide for money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did read an article that suggested success will be the main driver to getting Lynch, but then again Lever said he wasn't leaving Adelaide for money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

giphy.gif

100% Tomlinson.

Runs all day, exactly what we need in our current gameplan.

Most talls are too slow or static and we'd have to completely redo how we play, which might be what they're after, I guess we'll see based on the players we chase.

can't kick and can't ruck no thanks just a talker version of macintosh

Imagine playing your whole career in the footballing wilderness in front of single digit crowds with no passion ala Lynch, then watching our boys and our crowd in home and away matches, then seeing the mad Tiger Army this September?

It's a massive drawcard what we have.

I think we need to look to the draft to bring in an eventual replacement for Jack. I don't think we need a 2nd tall. Our unique smaller forwardline won us a flag. Why would we want to go back to a traditional forwardline that would require us to trade out valuable picks and hurt our salary cap?

Hows this for a plan !

#15 Best big Midfielder available
#17 Best Midfielder available
2 x 3rd rounders -Naish
Upgrade Castagne & Stengle

Trade :Miles , Lloyd , Lennon
Delist :Hunt , Morris , Yarran , Maric

Saving of Salary $1,650,000
Out : $2,000,000
In $350,000

Tom Lynch - Free Agent
3 x $1,200,000

Best thing about a small forward line is it's cheap. I would say stay small for one more year and see what happens. If it keeps working it will allow us to keep bringing in more talented mids.

Go to the draft for replacements for Jack and develop them for 3 to 4 years. If smalls fail next year then unleash everything for Lunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hows this for a plan !

#15 Best big Midfielder available
#17 Best Midfielder available
2 x 3rd rounders -Naish
Upgrade Castagne & Stengle

Trade :Miles , Lloyd , Lennon
Delist :Hunt , Morris , Yarran , Maric

Saving of Salary $1,650,000
Out : $2,000,000
In $350,000

Tom Lynch - Free Agent
3 x $1,200,000
We need to bolster our kpp stocks rather than midfielders , pretty sure that's where the focus will be

Won't get it done unfortunately. 5 x $1.5M at the absolute minimum, even with the "successful club" card played. Remember, we'll also be up against the "ambassadorial bonus".
Most expensive player in the game u reckon , remember only a desperate NM were prepared to offer that kinda rate , not even freo or lions were bothered , I reckon 1.2 is about about right in which case I just can't see how we could add another player at that level into our tpp

Add Jeremy Cameron to the poll

Perfect option imo
Can play high half forward and is a natural at kicking bags. One of the rare few left. Him or lynch are all I'd be after tigers. We want the elite, if they're not a/b graders use our picks at the draft and keep teaching them our way and style!

Lynch is the obvious answer, but he would cost two arms and two legs.
I like Gunston as he plays that 2nd forward role really well.
Ah who the **** am I kidding...

WE JUST WON A ******* PREMIERSHIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Haha no need for us to talk like we are still waiting for magic to happen!!! Reigning Premiers baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loving the post season!

Anyone think Nank has the mobility to play fwd if he dropped a few kgs? Could bring hammer back and sort the issue from within.
Nank a very capable forward but we'd lose a lot of speed/possession with having Hampson as well. Wouldn't mind getting Stef Martin for this role, as he's effectively a 20+ possession midfielder. He'd allow Nank to play deep forward, Jack roaming the arks.

I think we need to be thinking long term as well as short term, so I'd be going to the draft. Our top 4 are 26+ so we need to be thinking of the next wave of superstars. The problem with getting in players like Lynch is you have to trade at least two high picks to get him, although he would be a great get and would keep us right in the premiership frame. o_O

In the short term, I reckon we do need another tall forward. It was a pretty noticeable weakness until Townie came into the side. He kinda filled the role as a short tall and worked because his goal kicking was so good. If he can maintain that form we might be ok, but other teams will be pouring over our forward line now looking for weak links and how to exploit them. Can Townie maintain that form? :drunk:

Also, other teams will be looking at how to exploit us at clearances. I don't think opposition ruck men will keep falling for tapping the ball straight to Grigg when he is in the ruck (like Sauce did at one stage in the GF). We would have been in strife if Nank got injured early in any finals. :);):(

I'Ve always been for 'best available' with first round picks but with two of them I reckon we can target a tall plus build on the ones we've already got in the squad. I still think with a good run Griff can be anything. He can catch and kick, but how do we develop hardness at the ball and the desire to hurt opponents in him. :eek:

1) Is Griff going to be OK? If yes, then look to draft or younger AFL KPF.
If no:
2) KPF with mobility and loves a contest. If high quality and younger (Lynch) throw the kitchen sink at him. If Schache or equivalent throw a lot, but not all we've got.

3) If not that quality mobile contesting tall then go the draft. Or try for a trade to gets us into next year.

Even if griff could stay on the park would we play him ahead of the others? Who would come out, caddy towno grigg all offer more now i reckon. ( I'm not saying i know what the answer is mind you) at least we'll have Hampson to play the occasional game to give nank a rest. Note; 6 games max ;)

Griff is backup for JR. If JR goes down we are stuffed. Our forward line stops working nearly as well. We have to have a decent quality back up KPF, or hope that JR stays fit and mobile, and in form.

I'm of the view that JR is pretty close to our most important player. He is ahte keystone to our game plan. And we can't properly replace him with waht's on the list. Griff would be the closest. That's why I want a Lynch or Schache trade.

Griff is backup for JR. If JR goes down we are stuffed. Our forward line stops working nearly as well. We have to have a decent quality back up KPF, or hope that JR stays fit and mobile, and in form.

I'm of the view that JR is pretty close to our most important player. He is ahte keystone to our game plan. And we can't properly replace him with waht's on the list. Griff would be the closest. That's why I want a Lynch or Schache trade.
1. Jack gets poked in the eye
2. Townsend comes in
3. ???
4. We win the flag

Dats dat.

Anyone think Nank has the mobility to play fwd if he dropped a few kgs? Could bring hammer back and sort the issue from within.
I think the the club will stick with the tall cattle we have. Nank & JR. And support from Griff, Hampson, Soldo, Moore. I was surprised how well Hampson contested the ruck in the VFL grand final. & if griff stops going for mark of the year every 2 seconds he may stay fit and be able to slot a goal occasionally.

Back