• Sydney: Kennedy, Parker, Franklin, Heeney

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • West Coast: Shuey, Naitanui, McGovern, Yeo

Votes: 64 17.6%
  • Bulldogs: Bontempelli, Liberatore, McLean, Macrae

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrass is in AA form at FB. Mcgovern is an AA lock at CHF. Kennedy is an AA lock at FF or CHF. Then we just need to fit one of NicNat, Shuey, Gaff, Sheed or Yeo with potentially the best ever Rioli unfortunately ruled out with injury.

Barrass is in AA form at FB. Mcgovern is an AA lock at CHF. Kennedy is an AA lock at FF or CHF. Then we just need to fit one of NicNat, Shuey, Gaff, Sheed or Yeo with potentially the best ever Rioli unfortunately ruled out with injury.

Listing anyone other than Maurice as the best ever Rioli is a complete sign of lack of knowledge and disrespect to a legend of the game imo.

We dont need effing blicavs. Henderson, taylor, stewart and one of kolo or henry is a very good backline.

Seriously what team have you been watching the last couple of years? Most certainly do need Blicavs. He'd be one of the first players I pick right now. And yes I too would regard him more important to us right now than Joel.

Who's your bookie? They cleared off Scully etc. so they could keep Coniglio and Kelly.

Having the cap space to keep players, and actually signing them are two different things though. If Coniglio wants to go home, he can probably have his family and his cash if one of WC and Freo also have available cap space.

I don't mind that Hawthorn quartet.

The thing I like most about them is that we hopefully have a good number of years left out of them as a group. Geelong and Richmond's big 4 both have a list of accolades a mile long, but the average group ages suggests our 4 will have time to accumulate a few more awards before they get separated:

Richmond 28 years, 11 months
Geelong 28 years, 9 months
Hawthorn 25 years 8 months

I'd take Richmond or Geelong's groups if I was after a flag this year (obviously assuming everyone was fully fit), but the age profile of Hawthorn's big 4 gives us a few years to build the rest of the puzzle pieces around them. I'd also take Geelong over Richmond as I'm more confident Geelong will find decent replacements for vacant slots in their big 4 when the retirements start compared to Richmond (although Lynch will hopefully jump into Jack's spot when the time comes).

Constantly hearing about Richmond's 'big 4' has got me thinking - whose is best?

We never hear about any other team and their 'big 4', almost as if there isn't any other that exists.

It's actually quite impressive just how good the top 4 players are from each team.

You can definitely understand how difficult a win would be when 2-3 players of your 'Big 4' are injured (see Richmond).

Adelaide: Sloane, Laird, Crouch, Walker
Brisbane: Zorko, Neale, Andrews, Cameron
Carlton: Cripps, Simpson, Murphy, Docherty
Collingwood: Treloar, Pendlebury, De Goey, Grundy
Essendon: Heppell, Shiel, Smith, Merrett
Fremantle: Fyfe, Mundy, Hill, Walters
Geelong: Kelly, Selwood, Dangerfield, Hawkins
Gold Coast: Harbrow, Witts, Swallow, Weller
GWS: Greene, Coniglio, Cameron, Kelly
Hawthorn: Gunston, Mitchell, O'Meara, Sicily
Melbourne: Brayshaw, Oliver, Gawn, Viney
North: Ziebell, Higgins, Brown, Cunnington
Port: Gray, Jonas, Dixon, Boak
Richmond: Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt
St Kilda: Steven, Ross, Geary, Carlisle
Sydney: Kennedy, Parker, Franklin, Heeney
West Coast: Shuey, Naitanui, McGovern, Yeo
Bulldogs: Bontempelli, Liberatore, McLean, Macrae

Apologies if I have your teams best players out of whack, it is actually quite hard!
Eagles, but it’s not with NN.

Shuey, Gaff, McGovern, JK

Cotchin, Martin, Rance and Riewoldt? never heard of them
Look em up, id pretty much be happy to pay 2 million a year for Rance considering our ‘gun’ recruit came from the GC looking like a professional pie eater, Lever is still on one leg, and Oscar McDonald is travelling back in time with Dr Who.

The thing I like most about them is that we hopefully have a good number of years left out of them as a group. Geelong and Richmond's big 4 both have a list of accolades a mile long, but the average group ages suggests our 4 will have time to accumulate a few more awards before they get separated:

I'd take Richmond or Geelong's groups if I was after a flag this year (obviously assuming everyone was fully fit), but the age profile of Hawthorn's big 4 gives us a few years to build the rest of the puzzle pieces around them. I'd also take Geelong over Richmond as I'm more confident Geelong will find decent replacements for vacant slots in their big 4 when the retirements start compared to Richmond (although Lynch will hopefully jump into Jack's spot when the time comes).
Eagles big 4 on GF day trumps everyone bar a fully fit Tigers or Giants.

big 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heavy Metal

Top 4 thrash metal by team (area):

Bay Area: Slayer, Sadus, Vio-lence, Dark Angel (honorable mentions to Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus, Possessed, Testament)
East Coast: Morbid Saint, Anthrax, Demolition Hammer, Overkill
Teutonic: Kreator, Exumer, Sodom, Destruction
Brazilian: Sepultura, Sarcofago, Mutilator, Vulcano
Australian: Hobb's Angel of Death, Mortal Sin, Destroyer 666, Mortification

Top 4 thrash metal by team (area):

Bay Area: Slayer, Sadus, Vio-lence, Dark Angel (honorable mentions to Metallica, Megadeth, Exodus, Possessed, Testament)
East Coast: Morbid Saint, Anthrax, Demolition Hammer, Overkill
Teutonic: Kreator, Exumer, Sodom, Destruction
Brazilian: Sepultura, Sarcofago, Mutilator, Vulcano
Australian: Hobb's Angel of Death, Mortal Sin, Destroyer 666, Mortification
Good old Mortal Sin

After getting a look at GWS at their best today I gotta say they probably have the best big 5.

Coniglio and Kelly are as good a 1-2 midfield combo as you can possibly get.
You'd happily swap the #1 draft pick for Jeremy Cameron. Maybe Toby Greene.
Lachie Whitfield is icing and gravy mixed together but it works.

They need a premiership from that group.

Brownlow medalist
Brownlow medalist
Best defender of his generation
Triple Coleman medalist

Bias aside it’s hard to go past Richmond’s
Except they are not playing, but the Eagles boys would be borderline either way, they got the job done last year and had the wood on us when we played them, I think we just beat them if all our 4 were playing this year but only just.

How can both McGovern & Kennedy be a lock for All Australian in the same position-CHF??

Back