Which team is closer to playing in finals - Carlton, Gold Coast or St Kilda? | Page 18 | BigFooty

Which team is closer to playing in finals - Carlton, Gold Coast or St Kilda?

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by RUNVS, Oct 27, 2018.

?

Which team do you think has the better list moving forward?

1. Carlton

229 vote(s)
    58.4%
  2. Gold Coast

37 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. St Kilda

126 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. OnceWeWereKings

OnceWeWereKings Club Legend

Carlton
    Pretty sure that when things you have stated as fact have been proven incorrect then you really should forgo the right to call the person who was correct the idiot.
    Well, unless you’re an .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Trav 20

Trav 20 Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Dees
    When a poster is calling Fisher and Dow "quality players" they're incorrect. They may be in the future, but they're not now.

When they correct someone saying Carlton weren't bottom five for the last five years and instead sixth last instead it's called being lucky.

Ninety-nine percent stupidity in posting isn't corrected by a single mistake of another.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  3. davis_756

davis_756 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Bullshit you were, you were changing a slight detail to suit your point of view and we both know it. If you lack the testicular fortitude to even admit that at this point then I'll ask what is the point of this?

You didn't refer to a "bottom 4 club" you simply stated it was "harder to drag yourself out of the bottom 4", that in no way stipulated a specific length of time spent in the bottom 4 and of course as you already know we have currently spent just 2 years in the bottom 4. Round and Round we go and yet you still have no point.

For the sake of moving on from this point I will concede your point, you meant bottom 6 sides that have been in the bottom 6 for 5 years or more when you said "hard to drag yourself out of the bottom 4".

Again I ask you, what evidence do you have to back up this outlandish statement and how do you know specifically when Carlton will be out of the bottom 4/6/whatever other gibberish you wish to make up at this point?

4. OnceWeWereKings

OnceWeWereKings Club Legend

Carlton
    Try it Trav, you might find it liberating:

5. davis_756

Carlton
    Get your hand off it, the only player who I mentioned would be insulted by the statement that cripps is our only quality midfielder is Murphy.

Why make shit up like that? It is pathetic

Juddernaut08 likes this.
  6. Juddernaut08

Juddernaut08 Premiership Player

Carlton
    It is slow...even if we made finals At the very least we can say that the timing of recruits was smarter this go round. KPPs first, midfielders second.

Theoretically they should peak together meaning we could see a marked jump. Is that 2019? 2020? 2021? We say most likely 2020.

If most of the recuits are duds then it may not happen. But there's nothing individually to suggest the majority of our young recruits are duds.
    Stop with the name calling.

7. davis_756

Carlton
    Do you read or what? I quite clearly stated

Yet you spend an entire reply responding as though we were still arguing the point, I can only determine you are in a blinded rage and incapable of having a reasoned discussion at this point.

So you're telling me your justification for why clubs that have been down the bottom for a while is because CARLTON has only 1 A grade midfielder? What about every other side that has done the same as was the point you were making?

8. Trav 20

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Dees
    I wasn't quoting you, Kid.

That said, the poster I quoted didn't actually say they were "quality players", but the inference could be drawn.

Are you going to apologise for stating I was "making shit up" and quoting you ?

9. davis_756

Carlton
    Care to go back and quote the post of the magical poster you are referring to because I followed the quote train and got back to the discussion we were having in which those players were mentioned in.

Until then you are again making shit up.

Juddernaut08 likes this.
  10. Trav 20

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Dees
    To be fair to NavyBlue on the previous page he never said they were "quality", he said they were not "unproven". My post was inaccurate when I was reffering to him.

Your post insinuating I was quoting you regarding said players was also inaccurate.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  11. davis_756

Carlton
    You were responding to someone who was responding to your response of me, how difficult is that to understand?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    OMG, are your trying to tell us all you didn't have the worst start to any season, in the history of your club?

I am not nit picking mate, this is a fact, if you don't believe me, the results can be found, go have a look.

Like i said earlier, if you weren't as bad as you say, then by christ i'd hate to see when you are bad.

CountTraccula likes this.
  13. Joao

Joao Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    I'm putting a few Bob on Carlton for finals in 2019 and a 3peat in the 20s.

14. davis_756

Carlton
    You were declaring we had gone backwards this year because we only won 2 games, nothing to do with how poor or great our start to the season was. My point was also nothing to do with how good or bad we were, it was in relation to your gone backwards call.

Surely it is not that difficult to grasp the fact the two are not the same, yes we were poor but no we have not gone backwards. Not all growth is linear a fact you clearly don't have the ability to understand.

15. Trav 20

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Dees
    You said that you had been quoted when you hadn't. You must be a nightmare to live with.

Anyway, I'm going to bow out kid.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  16. HalloweenJack

HalloweenJack All Australian

Carlton
    Other Teams:
    West Perth Arsenal New York Yankees
    This thread is tedious with posters trying to score points off each other and some not facing reality. I voted for Carlton because I am biased.

The Saints are much more likely to play finals before the Blues or the Suns but potentially the Blues and the Suns have better lists.

This year the Blues were pathetic as well as heartbreaking. I am hoping that a few of our young players do step up in 2019 and become A graders. At the moment the Blues only have Cripps and Docherty who can be said to be A graders. The others still only have potential.

As for the best lists, well if Lukoscious (?) and Rankine become the players that I think they can become and the Suns draft a few other gems next year, who knows what happens. My opinion is that the Suns are 3-4 years away from finals. A lot of things have to go right for them if that is to happen.

The Saints in drafting Max King may have drafted the best player. As I said the Saints could make finals in 2019.

The Blues could make finals next year but I doubt it because the improvement would be monumental. I am hoping for at least 6 wins and then pushing for finals in 2020 and making top 4 by 2021.

aussierulesrules and branedotorg like this.
  17. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Well mate if you think you haven't gone backward, then you know absolutely nothing about football.
    1st of all, you had the worst start to any season in your history, that's going backwards.
    Secondly, you had less wins and less %, than last year, that's going backward.

Now if you want to bring up, "but hey, look who we recruited, but, but we had injuries, but, but potential, it makes no difference, since your club was formed, you have recruited every year, you have had injuries.

Sorry to say mate, but if you don't get your head out of the sand soon, you'll run out of breath.

18. mr bagcroft

mr bagcroft Club Legend

St Kilda
    lol. Saints are not going anywhere near finals for a good while yet. They have many more problems than needing one or two good kids.

19. HalloweenJack

HalloweenJack All Australian

Carlton
    Other Teams:
    West Perth Arsenal New York Yankees
    Don't count them out. The Saints have some very good players and if 3 maybe 4 can elevate themselves to A graders then anything is possible.

aussierulesrules likes this.
  20. Juddernaut08

Juddernaut08 Premiership Player

Carlton
    I think a lot of Saints fans still aren't sold on Richo. Poor bloke has lower approval ratings than Bill Shorton.

21. NavyBlueTJ35

NavyBlueTJ35 Not A Premiership Player

Carlton
    You're the one that's deluded here.

Was I calling Dow and Fisher 'quality'? No! You were implying that they're 'unproven', which is the biggest load of crap I've read here.

Second of all, it's great that you're not in such a business of actually grading talent because you're only punishing yourself with those high standards.

And just because a player has past his peak, that doesn't mean they're no longer good. I'm sure you and thousands of other supporters think Jones has still got some value left in him. So quit talking rubbish about another club's veterans.

All us blues supporters are frustrated with their team's results this year but we know where the problems lie, and believe that fixing them will see noticeable improvement. We're bad but not as bad as people make us out to be.

Stop comparing your club's position in 2013 to ours. Your list needed turning over. We're already doing that and have done so since the end of 2015 (52 players out the door with only 15 of the 50 brought in having come and gone).

There will be improvement and that's a fact. How much remains to be seen, so stop pretending you know the answer here.

Brutalitops and Juddernaut08 like this.
  22. NavyBlueTJ35

Carlton
    You may think you're 'in the know' about this, but the truth is your argument is nothing more than superficial.

Do you see anybody disagreeing with Carlton having gone backwards in that area? No!

What you fail to see was that the win/loss ratio was not on the top of the club's list of important things, and that there were other areas this year that saw the club taking steps forwards.

Getting games into the young kids. Others like Fisher, Curnow and McKay showed signs of improvement. The whole team was building some synergy.
    Docherty stated that he improved on his leadership abilities on the sidelines. Cripps gained from his short time filling in for Murphy as captain.

And even with the many things that went wrong, the club addressed them after the season. There was a review of the medical department. Bolton went away for further study on coaching. Two new captains. A highly-respected fitness manager and more potential talent to get excited about.

You're arguing with the brick wall here. Fact remains that improvement is never linear and that there were some aspects in this abysmal season that the blues were happy with.

Juddernaut08 likes this.
  23. Trav 20

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Dees
    Read on.

I've addressed your hissy fit.

24. NavyBlueTJ35

Carlton
    If you won't acknowledge the points and contribute properly to the discussion then jog on and waste your breath elsewhere.

You're only proving to people you know bugger all.

Juddernaut08 likes this.
  25. Trav 20

Melbourne
    Other Teams:
    Dees
    I think I'll take your excellent advice.

I posted in threads about shit teams for years.

I don't need to anymore.

Cheers