Which team is closer to playing in finals - Carlton, Gold Coast or St Kilda? | Page 19 | BigFooty

Which team is closer to playing in finals - Carlton, Gold Coast or St Kilda?

Discussion in 'AFL - The Australian Football League' started by RUNVS, Oct 27, 2018.

?

Which team do you think has the better list moving forward?

1. Carlton

229 vote(s)
    58.4%
  2. Gold Coast

37 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. St Kilda

126 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. davis_756

davis_756 Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Again with your lies do you ever speak the truth? Quit while you are well and truly behind and remain in la la land with the fairy's.

Juddernaut08 likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. davis_756

Carlton
    You really are struggling to understand something so basic.

Improvement is not always linear, do you actually understand what that means or are you stuck analyzing basic statistics as though they hold the meaning to life itself?

I will try and explain it to you simply, no one older then Docherty will be apart of our next finals side, our wins in the last 3 years have been largely off the back of those players older then that cut off point and they have been gradually shown the door. If I was to use your logic, had we recruited some dfa and got ourselves up to 8 wins that would have been progress which is WRONG.

You need to understand that progress at this stage is improvement in those under 25 and while the decline of those older then that sees on field results suffer that is largely irrelevant as they will be cut from the list soon enough. While you continue to judge the progress of the team based on wins and losses rather then opening your eyes and seeing what is really going on I am wasting my time with you.

TLDR, you don't know jack shit about Carlton and your skin deep analysis is just that.

TooBlue14 and Juddernaut08 like this.
  3. LoungeLizard

LoungeLizard Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    What a funny post, you jumped into a convo i was having with someone else, and said i was wrong.

go back and have a look.

If you have drafted well, then yes you will move along nicely, but you have a long way to go yet, my comment about how you went backwards, was not incorrect, in fact you may well go further back still before you start to go forward.

Nothing is proven until it happens, so you saying that you have gone forward, is a load of croc until you actually show it.

So get your head out of the sand and open your own eyes, hoping is not proof.

Fadge and Kenny Dee like this.
  4. branedotorg

branedotorg Premium Platinum

Carlton
    Stop making us look so desperate for external validation.

We are in a historical low and looking like finally digging our way out BUT we aren't there yet.

Gethelred and HalloweenJack like this.
  5. davis_756

Carlton
    Care to try again or you want to go ahead making bullshit up?

You basically have made an entire post here without addressing a single point I made fyi, I can only determine you concede I am correct and are purely resorting to deflection at this point. I will accept your resignation and leave you to your ramblings.

6. LoungeLizard

Collingwood
    I don't care what you want me to address, my whole point is you said i was wrong, you are the one who is wrong.

You can't say you have gone forward until you actually have gone forward, hoping is not going forward.

So you can say i am rambling as much as you like, but i think maybe you have it the wrong way around.

And my god saying i am conceding, mate all i need to show you is this years ladder, there is the proof, but oh no, you say you have stopped the fall and think that i should take your word on that when there isn't one hint of movement yet.

Fadge likes this.
  7. davis_756

Carlton
    We are Carlton we don't care what anyone else thinks at the end of the day, just trying to enlighten our colleague here that a win loss ratio isn't everything there is to know about a football club.

8. davis_756

Carlton
    You have to be dense, I just gave you the original quotes in the post you are responding to and you ignore them and repeat the same bullshit again.

Good day to you my simple friend, you know absolutely nothing about the Carlton FC and I am glad we could clear that up for you here and now.

9. LoungeLizard

Collingwood
    Haha now i am dense, it just gets better and better with every post.

ok here's your argument, win lose ratio is not proof that a team has gone backwards.

Well i hate to break it to you mate, this is football, and win lose is proof you went backward.

Saying you have all this up and coming talent, is hope, not proof.

Now, who is dense?

10. LoungeLizard

Collingwood
    https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...t/news-story/47d93155fabb160345f15885c43d50b1
    Have a read mate, not only from a afl player, but an ex carlton player, if you like i could go get one from an ex carlton coach also.

And you have the gal to call others dense

11. davis_756

Carlton
    TooBlue14 and Gethelred like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. davis_756

Carlton
    Carlton has gone backwards cause you only dids win 2 games so you is crap harrr

13. LoungeLizard

Collingwood
    I quoted an AFL footballer who happened to play for Carlton, and i'd take a guess and say he would know a lot more about the subject than you.
    Would you like me to go get a quote from an ex afl coach, who also coached Carlton? or would he also be a dumb arse?

Fadge likes this.
  14. davis_756

Carlton
    I thought you were filling us all in on your knowledge on why Carlton had gone backwards.

So far you took a look at the ladder and worked out how many wins we had for the season, yet to see any actual evidence that proves you actually watched a single Carlton game this year or for that matter can even name any of the players names. Perhaps we should start simple, can you tell us who coaches Carlton?

15. LoungeLizard

Collingwood
    So far the only thing you have told me is "but look at our list"

Well mate on your list is one of the best contested ball winners in the AFL, yet i am fairly sure you finished 18th for contested possessions, go figure.

Fadge likes this.
  16. davis_756

Carlton
    Actually we didn't, so you can not name who the coach of Carlton is, is that correct?

17. LoungeLizard

Collingwood
    OMG, and you actually called me dense.

If you don't know i'll give you a hint, "green shoots"

18. davis_756

Carlton
    So you don't know any of the players or the coaches name, you haven't watched a Carlton match in 7 years but you are the foremost expert on all things Carlton on this forum.

19. LoungeLizard

Collingwood
    And you got all that from the post, you mate are an absolute genius.

But i'll give you some advice, google Carlton coach, player stats, that will tell you who your coach and players are.

It will also show you how bad all those players are that you need others to tell you who they are.

20. ManOfClay

ManOfClay Brownlow Medallist

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Memphis Grizzlies
    I can’t wait to scream “development is not linear” over and over again if the Bulldogs suck

Gethelred likes this.
  21. LoungeLizard

Collingwood
    You can't ever suck mate, don't you know that?
    Games won and ladder position means jack, old mate has told us all you need to do is turn the list over and over, then you are always going forward.

aussierulesrules and Fadge like this.
  22. Ambrosia

Ambrosia Norm Smith Medallist

Essendon
    StKilda the best chance of sneaking into finals in 2019 but you'd have to say Carlton are the most likely long term as their rebuild seems more clear in it's path. A lot can change in 12 months however .

23. Fadge

Fadge Premiership Player

Collingwood
    This sentence is the perfect summation of the contribution of Carlton supporters to this thread.

Trav 20 and LoungeLizard like this.
  24. mr bagcroft

mr bagcroft Club Legend

St Kilda
    You both suck. Get a room.

25. mr bagcroft

mr bagcroft Club Legend

St Kilda
    You both suck. Get a room.

Tjblues and Juddernaut08 like this.