Which team is closer to playing in finals - Carlton, Gold Coast or St Kilda?

Which team do you think has the better list moving forward?

• Carlton

Votes: 245 57.2%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 138 32.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

None of these are very fair comparisons though, as they are all positionally different players.

Cripps is a better inside player than Ross, who's still a good player. Steven is a better outside midfielder than anyone we have currently, though Curnow is a better key forward than any on St Kilda's list. Docherty is a better half-back than any for St Kilda as well. That being said we don't have a small or mid-sized player as good as Billings or Gresham.
Lol id rather murph than steven. Billings would be perfect.

After seeing how the draft and trade period went, I've changed my vote to St Kilda.

Carlton once again thinking they have run off as bandits have stole nothing fake gold again. :oops:

Carlton once again thinking they have run off as bandits have stole nothing fake gold again. :oops:

How so?

If you’re referring to the Adelaide deal, we would be confident in a good result, as would the Crows.

Reckon that’s called a win/win trade at this stage.

Think the Saints could really turn this around quickly and it's in their best interest to do so from a list perspective.Carlisle and Steven are two of the underrated guns of the competition and would be invaluable to have around if the Saints are to challenge in the future.

If the talented duo of Billings and Acres can take the step from showing flashes of brilliance to genuinely good footballers then all of a sudden the Saints best 22 looks very different.

FB: Roberton - Carlisle - Webster
HB: Savage - Austin - McKenzie
C: Hannebery - Ross (C) - Sinclair
HF: Gresham - Bruce - Billings
FF: Membrey - Marshall - Long
R: Longer - Steven - Steele
IC: Acres - Newnes - Clarke - Coffield

Wouldnt be suprised to see the Saints rise up the ladder especially if Ratten is pulling the strings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Classless.
Great post *******
Sorry guys, come to my senses to realise it was pretty bad timing and insensitive to add salt to the wound. Apologies, shouldn't be discussing that stuff, especially when it's so raw. Hope for his sake that things are better than what they seem and deleted my posts so it can't launch further discussion.

Sorry guys, come to my senses to realise it was pretty bad timing and insensitive to add salt to the wound. Apologies, shouldn't be discussing that stuff, especially when it's so raw. Hope for his sake that things are better than what they seem and deleted my posts so it can't launch further discussion.
:thumbsu:

Blues look to have the most upside
Suns starting to move in the right direction, need to stop the exodus
Saints going nowhere, chance for spoon in 2019

He was Carlton's most frequent target inside 50 ...

Of course he was. He played 20 games. What other marking target came close to playing 20 games at Carlton last season? You’ve been misled by a pointless stat it seems.

Charlie played mostly CHF and got a lot of his ball up the ground. 34 goals from 20 games is a very nice return from a young CHF, even better considering the team he was in.

I suggest your preference for the fuzzier, less accurate facts, is due to whatever agenda your pushing. And I’ll be honest, it’s posting like this that sees me tiring of BF.

All three statements are hilariously wrong. Suns moving in the right direction...um how exactly?

Of course he was. He played 20 games. What other marking target came close to playing 20 games at Carlton last season? You’ve been misled by a pointless stat it seems.

Charlie played mostly CHF and got a lot of his ball up the ground. 34 goals from 20 games is a very nice return from a young CHF, even better considering the team he was in.

I suggest your preference for the fuzzier, less accurate facts, is due to whatever agenda your pushing. And I’ll be honest, it’s posting like this that sees me tiring of BF.

He's the most targeted on a per game basis as well. You're the one clearly pushing an agenda. The days of classic FF and CHF are long gone.

My agenda is that Carlton posters are fools for suggesting that Curnow is better than Steven.

Hold on, Gold Coast just lost their 2 captains and another 3 former top 10 picks whilst attracting a few average fringe players and they’re heading in the right direction?

He's the most targeted on a per game basis as well. You're the one clearly pushing an agenda. The days of classic FF and CHF are long gone.

Can you give me a link to these figures please?

My agenda is turning fuzzy s**t like “a key forward who kicked 30 goals” into a more accurate “21yo CHF who kicked 34 goals in 20 games”. You don’t like CHF, call it high forward then, but grouping him in with guys who play closer to goal is just a sloppy representation.

Saints as of now have a better list but gcs and Carlton have a shedload more potential imo I’d back Carlton to resume finals around 2021

Can you give me a link to these figures please?

My agenda is turning fuzzy s**t like “a key forward who kicked 30 goals” into a more accurate “21yo CHF who kicked 34 goals in 20 games”. You don’t like CHF, call it high forward then, but grouping him in with guys who play closer to goal is just a sloppy representation.

He doesn't play as a high forward. You're trying present him as a Nick Riewoldt or Tom Lynch (Adl) when that simply isn't the case.

Back