Which team is in most trouble age wise - 2017 edition

Which team is in the most trouble age wise?

• Adelaide

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Carlton

Votes: 22 3.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 15 2.4%
  • Essendon

Votes: 21 3.4%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 135 22.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 71 11.6%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • GWS

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 200 32.6%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 144 23.5%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Richmond

Votes: 25 4.1%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Sydney

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • West Coast

Votes: 125 20.4%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 10 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's ridiculous. It's not even a case of simply first in best dressed - you PAY to wait on the waiting list!?
Honestly amazes me, presumably the new stadium sorts it. We've got a long way to go, clearly.
The Big Bash fills Spotless, which isn't something I'm proud of.

Noting we were 'old' last year, and young this year. How does NMFC poll so many votes for 2017? Second youngest team, with a lot of unproven talent is in trouble. BF never change.

Hopefully the trolls drop off as they go back to school.
Fair call, it seems pretty crazy that so many have voted for North in this thread given they are the second youngest list. They may well be in trouble, but that trouble is not age related.

Also of note is that every one of West Coast's memberships are 11 game memberships whereas some clubs have 3 game memberships.

There is a large waiting list for members so I'm really hoping they release 3 game memberships with the new stadium (as I want one) but I'm not overly hopeful.
It will be interesting to see how the new stadium affects this. I know a lot of members who would forego their membership but because of the long waiting list they hold on. I know quite a few who will drop off when they play at the new stadium.

Apparently it's Collingwood because we signed two guys during the off season who weren't on the right side of their 20s.

:confused:

9 clubs have a higher percentage of votes than Collingwood.

I wouldn't say that thinking Collingwood erred by signing Wells & Mayne = thinking Collingwood are in the most trouble.

It's ridiculous. It's not even a case of simply first in best dressed - you PAY to wait on the waiting list!?

I don't agree with paying to be on a waiting list.

How much does it cost to be on the waiting list ?.

When the new stadium is opened and thus more Eagles memberships are available, will the people who have paid to be on the waiting list, be able to credit these payments against their membership ?.

We are in trouble age wise, because we don't have the age and experience that other clubs have around us and don't have the maturity and experience in our coaching staff to make up for it. Too many of our players are 23 years and under and have no decent figures above them to mentor them and lead us on match day.

I don't agree with paying to be on a waiting list.

How much does it cost to be on the waiting list ?.

When the new stadium is opened and thus more Eagles memberships are available, will the people who have paid to be on the waiting list, be able to credit these payments against their membership ?.

They'll fill the 60k stadium straight off the bat IMO. The stadium has the ability to be expanded to 80k, and personally I don't know why they didn't just do that in the first place.

They'll fill the 60k stadium straight off the bat IMO. The stadium has the ability to be expanded to 80k, and personally I don't know why they didn't just do that in the first place.
Because both Eagles and Freo pushed for it to be 60k.

That way there will still be a waiting list for memberships and they can keep the prices high.

Apparantly 6k of seats will be for general admission, Eagles will easily have 54k members signup and still have a waiting list to keep up the prices. Freo will go close if there is a bump in people wanting to be members at the new flash stadium.

If the stadium was 80k even the Eagles would have struggled to fill it and membership prices would have plummeted.

Because both Eagles and Freo pushed for it to be 60k.

That way there will still be a waiting list for memberships and they can keep the prices high.

Apparantly 6k of seats will be for general admission, Eagles will easily have 54k members signup and still have a waiting list to keep up the prices. Freo will go close if there is a bump in people wanting to be members at the new flash stadium.

If the stadium was 80k even the Eagles would have struggled to fill it and membership prices would have plummeted.

Fair enough.

I guess also a regularly packed stadium of 60k is preferable to a sometimes pack 80k stadium, and other times empty seats showing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bump this to ask the question, now that the football world has seen most of the youngsters on North's list this pre season, do those that voted for North (the second youngest list in the league) in this thread stand by their vote?

Obviously it is only early, and i expect North to be bottom six this year. But starting a "rebuild" with the second youngest list in the league is a good place to start a rebuild from i would have thought. Some of the kids look like they can actually play as well.

I bump this to ask the question, now that the football world has seen most of the youngsters on North's list this pre season, do those that voted for North (the second youngest list in the league) in this thread stand by their vote?

Obviously it is only early, and i expect North to be bottom six this year. But starting a "rebuild" with the second youngest list in the league is a good place to start a rebuild from i would have thought. Some of the kids look like they can actually play as well.
Not a bad place but beware JLT form.

One swallow does not a summer make.
JLT is a fitness experiment game for some for others its a membership drive.
Lets see in a month or so

I'm still worried it's not a premiership quality list when fully developed. Need a few years of pain to get some of the best kids in the country into the team IMO.

looked encouraging for sure

I think we might still be a midfielder or two short, but I do like that we decided to be bold and refresh the list.

As a result I don't think we will bottom right out like other great sides have once their stars retire.

Looking forward to seeing more of Stewart, Lovell, Miles, Howe and others during the year, to see how they develop.

I think we might still be a midfielder or two short, but I do like that we decided to be bold and refresh the list.

As a result I don't think we will bottom right out like other great sides have once their stars retire.

Looking forward to seeing more of Stewart, Lovell, Miles, Howe and others during the year, to see how they develop.

I think the 1-18 players in Hawthorn's team is as good as ever, but I think the 19-22 players are quite a bit weaker.

I think the 1-18 players in Hawthorn's team is as good as ever, but I think the 19-22 players are quite a bit weaker.
Yeah, there's a few who need to show what they've got.

Apparently it's Collingwood because we signed two guys during the off season who weren't on the right side of their 20s.

I really like your list, especially the midfield. Those older guys were recruited to use up a bit of the salary cap and when finished that money will be used on some good players who will be available.

Obviously have some work to do at each end, but up id suspect you guys will top via free agents and general trading as you seem to do well via trade etc.

I'm still worried it's not a premiership quality list when fully developed. Need a few years of pain to get some of the best kids in the country into the team IMO.
How do you know it is not a premiership quality list' going by your metric there is no way you could have said 3 years ago that the Bulldogs would be the 2016 premiers.

You may very well be correct, but there is no way you actually know that to be a fact at this point in time. That call belongs to the end of the season. Until then any and all calls stating otherwise are pure trolls.

Back