World Cup Which team is the fairytale story of 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Socceroos will be the fairytale story.

I can see it now, we make it to the round of 16 with a thrilling come from behind win against Peru, whilst an own goal in the 93rd minute knocks Denmark out

IF they can get at least a draw vs Sweden and guarantee themselves a top of group finish and IF they can win in the round of 16 (presumably against either Switzerland or Serbia), I'd say Mexico are a good shout.

They would have knocked off the reigning champions, finished top of their group (assuming they get the draw) and broken a hoodoo of not getting past the round of 16 in the last 6(?) tournaments. From their, playing with belief, they might even be able to go deeper into the final stages.

There was a doco before their South Korea game mentioning how they had a sports psychologist helping the team and giving them renewed belief. Kind of reminded me of some of the psychological stuff that went on at Richmond in 2017.

Yep Egypt. If there is one from Europe I will say the Croats click into gear 20 years after that golden run to 3rd in 98. Special times.

Morocco I think have a shot as well. After those 3 Senegal. But my first pick and I've said it for a while now is Egypt.
Right on Croatia, wrong on Africa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back