• Total voters

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I’m just not sure where we’d hide him. There’s a reason why guys like Caddy, Townsend, C. Ellis, Miles, etc. didn’t make it in our midfield.

Soldo is our number one ruckman and was brilliant after the bye. We would be worse off if we were to replace him with David Swallow. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
I'm not talking about replacing Soldo with Swallow, Witts would replace Soldo quite easily.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think that Hardwick wouldn't find a place for Swallow in their 22.

Tenny

Team Captain
Day Off
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not talking about replacing Soldo with Swallow, Witts would replace Soldo quite easily.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think that Hardwick wouldn't find a place for Swallow in their 22.
Would prefer Soldo. He destroyed pretty much every opponent he faced after the bye, including Grundy.

Again, Hardwick doesn’t like those type of midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tenny

Team Captain
Day Off
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond play West Coast, GWs, Brisbane, Freo, Gold Coast interstate.

Looking forward to how they go against some more highly rated teams interstate.
Beat Brisbane, Freo and Gold Coast last year. We played GWS when we were depleted with injuries so I’m looking forward to having a crack at them. WCE got pumped by Hawthorn when top four was on the line so I’m looking forward to that “challenge” as well.

Tenny

Team Captain
Day Off
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
With Richmond having so many shit players, really makes you wonder how we won the premiership by 89 points.

Damon_3388

Hall of Famer
Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Carslile was looking like a gun CHB but never really kicked on but has potential.
Carlisle turns 29 in October. He is what he is at this point IMO. Has threatened elite status a number of times over the years, just never had the consistency. Has had his share of on-off injuries, and has shown himself to be a bit dumb and mentally flaky at times too.

Damon_3388

Hall of Famer
Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
A Richmond supporter, Witts is an excellent ruckman and superior to Soldo.
Witts' numbers are very skewed by the high volume of ruck contests he attends (nearly 15 more per game on average than any other ruckman in the league). His tap work is pretty average given his size and reach too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bzparkes

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
And? You went on to win the flag there so you’ve proven my point.
One team played 4 games during the H&A season interstate, the other played what, 13?

Your reasoning is dumb. Of course the team which played less games has a much better opportunity to win more, especially when they're mostly against cellar dwellers.

bzparkes

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Beat Brisbane, Freo and Gold Coast last year. We played GWS when we were depleted with injuries so I’m looking forward to having a crack at them. WCE got pumped by Hawthorn when top four was on the line so I’m looking forward to that “challenge” as well.
Wasn't much of a challenge last time you played us in Perth.

Tenny

Team Captain
Day Off
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
One team played 4 games during the H&A season interstate, the other played what, 13?

Your reasoning is dumb. Of course the team which played less games has a much better opportunity to win more, especially when they're mostly against cellar dwellers.
It’s only dumb according to you because it doesn’t align with your narrative that Richmond can’t travel. What’s your reasoning behind us not being able to travel when we slaughtered the team that finished second on the ladder by 50 odd points, at their home ground, in their tropical conditions?

We lost to Adelaide and GWS when we were missing a third of our best 22. We were also depleted when we played Freo and Port (who you lost to at home) away and we won both games. We gave Gold Coast the biggest reaming of their season up there while you guys could barely put them away on your home turf.

The Richmond can’t travel line is so boring. For some odd reason, you WCE fans just can’t accept that we’re a much better football team than you. You hide behind the travel excuse and try to convince yourselves that it affects us despite our results suggesting otherwise. It’s pathetic.

Yojimbo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Richmond only four? Hahaha. Martin, Riewoldt, Lynch, Grimes, Edwards, Cotchin and Prestia walk into the top fifty. Would like to know which Gold Coast player it is that was rated ahead of the aforementioned players as well. They don’t have one player that would make our side, let alone be anywhere near our top ten.
Dustin Martin was number 1, Dion Prestia, Dylan Grimes and Tom Lynch were the four players Shane Edwards,
Bachar Houli and Nick Vlastuin were just outside the fifty and very unlucky, Riewoldt and Cotchin did not play
enough games, but neither did Lance Franklin or Josh Kelly. I base it on only 2019 and am not biased by past
or future deeds that may happen. Jarrod Witts was the Gold Coast player grew enormously this year in terms
of leadership and had the most hit outs, in the words of Yoda "Impressed with him I was", but I get it not all
people will agree, Tim Kelly I included as a West Coast player before the Geelong supporters get angry.

Virgin Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And Robbo, who had Prestia as the 9th best player in the AFL and Edwards as the 26th best player in the AFL. Cotchin and Riewoldt didn’t make it due to injury.

I also forgot to mention Vlastuin who snuck in at 46.
In what universe is Robbo considered anything other than a giant nuffy? Having Prestia at 9th is genuinely taking the piss.

Martin, Danger, Brown, Cameron, Shuey, Yeo, Fyfe, Neale, Grundy, Bont, Macrae, Cripps, Treloar, Kelly x2 are all better players. And that's just off the top of my head

briztoon

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
1. St Kilda.
2. Geelong
3. It’s a toss up between Collingwood & North.

Top Bottom