• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I’m just not sure where we’d hide him. There’s a reason why guys like Caddy, Townsend, C. Ellis, Miles, etc. didn’t make it in our midfield.

Soldo is our number one ruckman and was brilliant after the bye. We would be worse off if we were to replace him with David Swallow. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

I'm not talking about replacing Soldo with Swallow, Witts would replace Soldo quite easily.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think that Hardwick wouldn't find a place for Swallow in their 22.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
They played like 5 games interstate.

We had a better winning percentage at the MCG than Richmond in 2018 for instance.
Richmond play West Coast, GWs, Brisbane, Freo, Gold Coast interstate.

Looking forward to how they go against some more highly rated teams interstate.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not talking about replacing Soldo with Swallow, Witts would replace Soldo quite easily.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think that Hardwick wouldn't find a place for Swallow in their 22.
Would prefer Soldo. He destroyed pretty much every opponent he faced after the bye, including Grundy.

Again, Hardwick doesn’t like those type of midfielders.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond play West Coast, GWs, Brisbane, Freo, Gold Coast interstate.

Looking forward to how they go against some more highly rated teams interstate.
Beat Brisbane, Freo and Gold Coast last year. We played GWS when we were depleted with injuries so I’m looking forward to having a crack at them. WCE got pumped by Hawthorn when top four was on the line so I’m looking forward to that “challenge” as well.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
It's clear that your head is firmly in your anus then.
Yeah, I mean, what idiot would think the ruckman from the reigning premiers would get a game over the ruckman from arguably the worst list of all time.

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
With Richmond having so many s**t players, really makes you wonder how we won the premiership by 89 points.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Carslile was looking like a gun CHB but never really kicked on but has potential.

Carlisle turns 29 in October. He is what he is at this point IMO. Has threatened elite status a number of times over the years, just never had the consistency. Has had his share of on-off injuries, and has shown himself to be a bit dumb and mentally flaky at times too.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
A Richmond supporter, Witts is an excellent ruckman and superior to Soldo.

Witts' numbers are very skewed by the high volume of ruck contests he attends (nearly 15 more per game on average than any other ruckman in the league). His tap work is pretty average given his size and reach too.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
And? You went on to win the flag there so you’ve proven my point.
One team played 4 games during the H&A season interstate, the other played what, 13?

Your reasoning is dumb. Of course the team which played less games has a much better opportunity to win more, especially when they're mostly against cellar dwellers.

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Beat Brisbane, Freo and Gold Coast last year. We played GWS when we were depleted with injuries so I’m looking forward to having a crack at them. WCE got pumped by Hawthorn when top four was on the line so I’m looking forward to that “challenge” as well.
Wasn't much of a challenge last time you played us in Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tenny

??
Jan 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
One team played 4 games during the H&A season interstate, the other played what, 13?

Your reasoning is dumb. Of course the team which played less games has a much better opportunity to win more, especially when they're mostly against cellar dwellers.
It’s only dumb according to you because it doesn’t align with your narrative that Richmond can’t travel. What’s your reasoning behind us not being able to travel when we slaughtered the team that finished second on the ladder by 50 odd points, at their home ground, in their tropical conditions?

We lost to Adelaide and GWS when we were missing a third of our best 22. We were also depleted when we played Freo and Port (who you lost to at home) away and we won both games. We gave Gold Coast the biggest reaming of their season up there while you guys could barely put them away on your home turf.

The Richmond can’t travel line is so boring. For some odd reason, you WCE fans just can’t accept that we’re a much better football team than you. You hide behind the travel excuse and try to convince yourselves that it affects us despite our results suggesting otherwise. It’s pathetic.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Richmond only four? Hahaha. Martin, Riewoldt, Lynch, Grimes, Edwards, Cotchin and Prestia walk into the top fifty. Would like to know which Gold Coast player it is that was rated ahead of the aforementioned players as well. They don’t have one player that would make our side, let alone be anywhere near our top ten.
Dustin Martin was number 1, Dion Prestia, Dylan Grimes and Tom Lynch were the four players Shane Edwards,
Bachar Houli and Nick Vlastuin were just outside the fifty and very unlucky, Riewoldt and Cotchin did not play
enough games, but neither did Lance Franklin or Josh Kelly. I base it on only 2019 and am not biased by past
or future deeds that may happen. Jarrod Witts was the Gold Coast player grew enormously this year in terms
of leadership and had the most hit outs, in the words of Yoda "Impressed with him I was", but I get it not all
people will agree, Tim Kelly I included as a West Coast player before the Geelong supporters get angry.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
And Robbo, who had Prestia as the 9th best player in the AFL and Edwards as the 26th best player in the AFL. Cotchin and Riewoldt didn’t make it due to injury.

I also forgot to mention Vlastuin who snuck in at 46.
In what universe is Robbo considered anything other than a giant nuffy? Having Prestia at 9th is genuinely taking the piss.

Martin, Danger, Brown, Cameron, Shuey, Yeo, Fyfe, Neale, Grundy, Bont, Macrae, Cripps, Treloar, Kelly x2 are all better players. And that's just off the top of my head

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
It’s only dumb according to you because it doesn’t align with your narrative that Richmond can’t travel. What’s your reasoning behind us not being able to travel when we slaughtered the team that finished second on the ladder by 50 odd points, at their home ground, in their tropical conditions?

We lost to Adelaide and GWS when we were missing a third of our best 22. We were also depleted when we played Freo and Port (who you lost to at home) away and we won both games. We gave Gold Coast the biggest reaming of their season up there while you guys could barely put them away on your home turf.

The Richmond can’t travel line is so boring. For some odd reason, you WCE fans just can’t accept that we’re a much better football team than you. You hide behind the travel excuse and try to convince yourselves that it affects us despite our results suggesting otherwise. It’s pathetic.
You're not a better team. I'm sure if we got gifted the draw you had we'd have won the flag in a canter.

But them's the brakes.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
You finished 3 games outside of the 8. Every club loses a few close ones and deal with injuries. You finished where you deserved to finish

I do rate your backline, especially Pearce and Ryan. No problems there going forward

your midfield stinks though and Darcy isn’t a gun ruckman - yet. Fyfe carrying the midfield on his own wasting his prime years isn’t a good thing. Going forward I do like Brayshaw, but Cerra has shown little and you’re relying on Banfield, Crowden and Giro who have shown nothing to drastically improve.

you say your midfield is far from worst in the league, can you name 3 clubs with poorer midfields?

your forwardline is average and heavily reliant on hogan getting back to full fitness.

basically Freo are struggling to make finals in the short term and relying on kids who’ve shown little to nothing so far to get them there by the time Fyfe and Walters are nearly ready to hang up the boots

Again, Freo in 2019 got 9 wins and 13 defeats. On the surface, slightly better than the 2018 season if you only judge us on the win loss ratio.

but here is the bloody big difference.

Freo in 2018 lost 9 games by 50 points or more. And had a % of 74%. 4 of those 50 point defeats came before our bye which was round 14. So that was 2 3rds of the season. From rounds 15-23 we got hammered by 50 points 5 times. Mainly due to 2 reasons.

1. Injuries to experienced players
2. Playing more kids due to injuries to key players.

Dockers in 2019 only lost by more than 50 points. That was in the derby by 91 points. Even then that was until round 16, which was 2/3rds of the season gone.
The other heavy defeats was a 47 point loss to the dogs in round 19 and a 43 point loss to Port in round 23 when freos season was done.

Well at least you admit the Backline is decent.

The midfield stinks, to a degree. But I see there is some kids coming through. Darcy is a gun ruckman. Name 10 ruckman aged 23 or under better than him?

Mundy is 34, that worries me he carrys the load. Stephen Hill is 29, Conca is 27 years old. Fyfe is a star at 28 years. You say Fyfe carrying the midfield on his own is a bad thing. Well it seems that Fyfe is sadly going to follow the same path as Pav: Contending in finals again past his prime aged 31-34 years old.

I stand by the fact that freo doesnt have the worst midfield in the comp. You want me to name 3 clubs with poorer midfields? Easily. Gold coast, Carlton and North melbourne. No disrespect to those 3 though. Gold coast is hopeless, Yeah they beat us in round 2, but you are Judged by 22 games not 1 They finished below freo on the ladder. Carlton, yeah they Beat us last season without cripps. But freo had a very sloppy game. Again, they finished below us on the ladder.

I am a bit harsh on North. I dont see any A-grade mids. I see a few solid mids. they were extreme on both ends. One week they kick 1 goal vs Geelong, the next week they kick 23 goals vs Port. They finished above freo in 2019 but thats due to their shinboner spirit of guts and determinaton.

Brayshaw is solid. Banfield is a mature ager and was posting solid numbers in 2018 getting 17-20 disposals a game but went backwards in 2019. He needs to lift and improve along with Connor Blakely. Cerra will post decent numbers this year once Justin Longmuir gives him more time in the middle rather than on a flank. Crowden looks like another Role player. Giro plays on a half forward flank or on a wing. He too was getting 15-20 disposal games. Missed all of 2019 because of injury. Another year of development in Brayshaw, Banfield, cerra, corwden and Giro will help freo.

Freo made finals from 2012-15 because they had 3 excellent mids in Fyfe, Mundy and Barlow. They also had role playing mids in Suban, Clancee Pearce, Danyle pearce, tendai Mzungu tom sheridan, Cam sutclffe and Matt Deboer

You said Freos Foward is average and is Heavily Reliant on Jesse Hogan back to Full fitness.

I totally disagree. As I said, Freos KPF stocks are Hogan, Lobb, Tarberner, McCarthy, Cox and Dixon. As good as it is to have a 60 goal a season forward in hogan, having Lobb kick 30 and McCarthy kick 30 is also good too. Its rare to get a gun KPF that can kick 60 goals a season, but if you can win games from 2 solid 30 goal a season KPFs then thats fine. Walters, Matera and Switkowski are the smalls.

1st off..... Go look at round 1. Freo Kicked 21.15.141 to Norths 9.5.59. Hogan didnt play, he was suspended for getting drunk. Lobb was the FF, 2nd ruck and kicked a goal. Tarberner caused havoc on a forward flank. Cam McCarthy kicked 5 goals due to playing as a 2nd or 3rd tall as Lobb or Tarberner was double teamed, in which McCarthy was free.

The another stand out game was when freo beat GWS and kicked 16.10.106 to 11.16.82. Matera kicked 4, Walters, Hogan and Tabs kicked 3.

The next week, freo kicked 13.10.88 to the dogs 9.15.69. Hogan kicked 1 goal and 3 behinds. Matera kicked 5 straight.

Problem was Hogan, Taberner and Lobb were all injured in the 2nd half of the season. Imagine If Hogan, Tabs, Lobb and McCarthy are all fully fit for 22 games.

I dont think Freo is as weak as you make it to be. Champion data said freo had the worst list in 2017 and 2018 and finished 14th on both seasons.

I see freo falling short of a finals spot in 2020

then Freo get a 3-4 year finals run from 2021 until 2023 or 2024 then Hamling, Wilson, Fyfe, Hill, Lobb, Tarberner, Conca, Walters and Matera all retire after our 3-4 yers of finals.

Back