• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not a better team. I'm sure if we got gifted the draw you had we'd have won the flag in a canter.

But them's the brakes.
Better forward line, midfield, defence, depth and game plan. You have better rucks.

Maybe next season don’t let sides like Port Adelaide and Hawthorn slap you at home, then your travel excuse might hold some credibility.

TBH, interstate form is meaningless so long as Gil and Co continue to suck off Victorians. Wouldn't matter if Richmond got flogged by 100+ points every time they left the state, because their form at the MCG is good enough to make them a threat in finals regardless. They have one of the most enticing lists I'd say
They won the flag in 2017 5 times they had to hop on a plane for 1 win against the mite of the suns
Richmond won a higher percentage of games interstate than West Coast did last season. Your travel myth has been busted. Sorry.
in 2017 you guys had a 20% winning percentage and the 20% was the suns

They won the flag in 2017 5 times they had to hop on a plane for 1 win against the mite of the suns

Cool. What does that have to do with now?

lol, the interstate thing is debunked, we are good away
maybe they can go with' you haven't beaten a side above you on the ladder' that's always a good one

or maybe ' you're gone if rance reiwoldt cotchin or martin don't play' i really enjoyed that one

or ' you wont win another flag after fluking 2017 ... ' that was really fun ,

Nothing like a bit of West Coast salt. Tastes beautiful , I think it should be a key ingredient in their humble pie.

Huh?

in 2017 Richmond beat...
Brisbane at the Gabba (rnd 4)
Port at Adelaide (rnd15)
GC at Metricon (rnd 19)

If you need to lie to make your argument work, it's a pretty poor argument.

Can we go back to discussing which team list we want the least?? There's plenty of threads to read about the Richmond/West Coast rivalry.

I want to read North Melbourne supporters melting because no one thinks they've got any future stars on their list.

I picked Geelong because it must be getting harder and harder each year to stay up or near the top. They have done extremely well with Free Agency selections but they have had little access to top end young talent and at some stage it has to hit them hard.

On further inspection of lists, I have to change my vote to Richmond. At least the Blues have Cripps.

teah, it would suck to have 2 brownlow medalists, dual norm smith medallist and a 3 time Coleman medalist on your list wouldn’t it

long live king Cripps

Can we go back to discussing which team list we want the least?? There's plenty of threads to read about the Richmond/West Coast rivalry.

I want to read North Melbourne supporters melting because no one thinks they've got any future stars on their list.
Noted and apologies to all if offended.

teah, it would suck to have 2 brownlow medalists, dual norm smith medallist and a 3 time Coleman medalist on your list wouldn’t it

long live king Cripps

I'm talking about going forward, not about what's been achieved. I think even the most one-eyed Richmond supporter would agree that there's some very rough times ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood have four of their premiership 22 from 2010 playing for them in 2020, with Heath Shaw the only other player active in the competition. Taking it a stride further, you add only Thomas off the top of my head for players that were even on Collingwood’s list at that stage.

So from that, we can safely bound this activity in ten years into the future, at which point you’d have to refer to club characteristics (attractiveness as a destination, difficulty attracting players) over grounding them in any of their current list circumstances to determine likelihood of success. As such, there’s at most ten permutations of “successful sides” unless we start to consider near misses as success. So just under half the competition necessarily become very viable options.

The challenge then is to pick who will contend when. I think any side with legitimate prospects of winning this year’s flag can’t be the answer to the thread question given how different the landscape looks even across half a decade. Beyond that, I think you’d have to look at the promise on each list, under the microscope of a premise that they will manage to retain around 50% of their talent.

On the above I think Port Adelaide and Sydney strike me as the lists most unlikely to contend next year and also most unlikely to have their talent grow into genuine A grade players. But even then, Sydney have proven they’re astute at the trade table and always hang around the upper end of the ladder, and thus can regenerate a side. So even in answering thusly I’m not convinced they there’s any way to know that’s any better than what a darts at a dartboard approach would give you.

Collingwood have four of their premiership 22 from 2010 playing for them in 2020, with Heath Shaw the only other player active in the competition. Taking it a stride further, you add only Thomas off the top of my head for players that were even on Collingwood’s list at that stage.

So from that, we can safely bound this activity in ten years into the future, at which point you’d have to refer to club characteristics (attractiveness as a destination, difficulty attracting players) over grounding them in any of their current list circumstances to determine likelihood of success. As such, there’s at most ten permutations of “successful sides” unless we start to consider near misses as success. So just under half the competition necessarily become very viable options.

The challenge then is to pick who will contend when. I think any side with legitimate prospects of winning this year’s flag can’t be the answer to the thread question given how different the landscape looks even across half a decade. Beyond that, I think you’d have to look at the promise on each list, under the microscope of a premise that they will manage to retain around 50% of their talent.

On the above I think Port Adelaide and Sydney strike me as the lists most unlikely to contend next year and also most unlikely to have their talent grow into genuine A grade players. But even then, Sydney have proven they’re astute at the trade table and always hang around the upper end of the ladder, and thus can regenerate a side. So even in answering thusly I’m not convinced they there’s any way to know that’s any better than what a darts at a dartboard approach would give you.
Tarks

I tell ya what, if I have to spend one more minute watching Paul Roos and his uninspiring, ever unchanging hair on TV that’ll just about be curtains for me.

Make of that what you will.

I tell ya what, if I have to spend one more minute watching Paul Roos and his uninspiring, ever unchanging hair on TV that’ll just about be curtains for me.

Make of that what you will.
I think I would least like to coach the Hawks. That's largely because I assume whoever has the job will have to drive out to Dingley at some point and I don't know how to drive. I have had two driving lessons about a decade ago, but they haven't yet sunk in. St Kilda would be closely following because I've never understood Moorabbin. I don't know what it is for and I think it could just be removed without anyone noticing overmuch.

God yes. They are my third least like to coach. No way am I going to Tullamarine. It's horrible.
Tullamarine’s an issue but Adelaide’s fine?

Also I think coaching the Hawks could be fun, if only to entrench Clarkson’s legacy as a miracle worker.

Tullamarine’s an issue but Adelaide’s fine?

Also I think coaching the Hawks could be fun, if only to entrench Clarkson’s legacy as a miracle worker.
I forgot about Adelaide. I often do. The other team I tend to forget frequently is West Coast. I don't know why. It made 2018 confusing when discussing the Grand Final. People are like "did you watch it" and I'm like "yeah I liked the bit where those guys kicked goals and stuff"

I forgot about Adelaide. I often do. The other team I tend to forget frequently is West Coast. I don't know why. It made 2018 confusing when discussing the Grand Final. People are like "did you watch it" and I'm like "yeah I liked the bit where those guys kicked goals and stuff"
Wow I’m so sorry that you lost all memory of those two wonderful football sides. The 2002 semi and 2018 preliminary finals are quintessential football viewing. :(

Wow I’m so sorry that you lost all memory of those two wonderful football sides. The 2002 semi and 2018 preliminary finals are quintessential football viewing. :(
I don't really know what the issue is. For some reason I can see some AFL sides, regularly even, but my memory isn't capable of retaining them. I'm like Guy Pearce in that thing that I forget what it was called.

What sides?

I don't really know what the issue is. For some reason I can see some AFL sides, regularly even, but my memory isn't capable of retaining them. I'm like Guy Pearce in that thing that I forget what it was called.
Guy Pearce? Isn’t he that guy that missed the tackle on Ablett in the 2007 prelim?

Back