• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s been following me round abusing the sh*t out of me. Pretty piss poor way to treat a new poster who is merely professing an opinion.

Says the guy going around BF attempting to derail every thread that even mentions WC being a good side. Countless posters, including your own supporters, have called you out but you keep playing the victim card.

Obviously there are many factors that contribute to success, static defence, transitional defence, midfield
depth and link, spread, keeping the width, static forwards and transitional forwards, bench impact to
name a few. On a ladder which has a focus on one small part of the ground, but the part which contains
the scoring end goal posts the bottom four teams for 2019 were;

15th: GWS Giants
16th: Geelong
17th: Sydney
18th: Gold Coast

Hang on two of those sides played in Preliminary Finals how can this be ?
Sorry can you clarify that ladder a bit? I'm not sure what you mean by it. Geelong was 2nd overall for points scored but are bottom 4 for forward 50 something?

Sorry can you clarify that ladder a bit? I'm not sure what you mean by it. Geelong was 2nd overall for points scored but are bottom 4 for forward 50 something?
Your points conceded was 1,462 the best recorded since 1990 the AFL era, your points for was 1,984 a mark
bettered by your side on 23 occasions since 1990. Geelong block up the toilet with KPD's and two third talls
in Stewart and Tuohy, but their rebound can suffer as a consequence. The ladder uses a crude measure of
velocity of attack, replacing Menzel with small forwards helped keep the ball in your forward half, but the
balance between attack and defence was skewed. I think if you had access to Hawkins, Duncan and young
Clark for the preliminary final I think you win the whole thing last year.

I for one would advocate for a thread ban for anyone who supports West Coast or Richmond.
Pathetic display all round really
if its 'pathetic' why would you want to ban it? Surely in your eyes such poor posting will be easily be taken to task. Unless it cant be, because you dont have the courage or logic to do so?

See you @ NAB 3 ;)

Your points conceded was 1,462 the best recorded since 1990 the AFL era, your points for was 1,984 a mark
bettered by your side on 23 occasions since 1990. Geelong block up the toilet with KPD's and two third talls
in Stewart and Tuohy, but their rebound can suffer as a consequence. The ladder uses a crude measure of
velocity of attack, replacing Menzel with small forwards helped keep the ball in your forward half, but the
balance between attack and defence was skewed. I think if you had access to Hawkins, Duncan and young
I think you're swinging a general criticism of modern afl at a specific club there. The only side to score more than Geelong last year was Brisbane and they outscored the cats by 20 points. There were 16 other sides worse. If the cats were putrid going forward, what was everyone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry forgot my main question: velocity of attack? Do you mean speed of ball movement? What's the actual thing you measure?

This is a tough question but for me, it’s St Kilda. I can see the list doing well, but right now I don’t see it tracking for a Premiership. It’s still deficient in major areas like in KPPs and ruck. It’s not all their fault though with what happened with Paddy McCartin.

They have lost Bruce and Steven and have gained Zak Jones and Bradley Hill. Essentially this is how I see it as Acres is not a huge loss but Ryder isn’t what he used to be either. I like the Howard acquisition, but he kinda was in and out of Port Adelaide’s side.

They have a really good coach in Ratten in my opinion so I think that he has the ability to make it work somehow, but it’s probably the list I’d least want as I think it still requires work.
We literally have one of the best ruck combinations of not the best ruck combination in the league...

We have a 19 year old no.3 pick Key forward, brought in Howard as a tall down back.. I can admit if you’re looking 5 years down the track brown and Carlisle won’t be there but as of right now the stocks in KPP areas aren’t as bad as you’re making them out to be, haven’t even mentioned Josh Battle who could literally be a Key Back or Forward once of those boys down back is moved on.

Hawks, middle of the road list. Have some decent mature talent but have traded a lot of early round picks.

Might make finals but just there to make up the numbers.Along way from winning a flag at the moment.

We literally have one of the best ruck combinations of not the best ruck combination in the league...

We have a 19 year old no.3 pick Key forward, brought in Howard as a tall down back.. I can admit if you’re looking 5 years down the track brown and Carlisle won’t be there but as of right now the stocks in KPP areas aren’t as bad as you’re making them out to be, haven’t even mentioned Josh Battle who could literally be a Key Back or Forward once of those boys down back is moved on.
Agree with your ruck summation. Marshall looks a beauty, added back up with Ryder who is still good enough, and Abbott (VFL but backup). Good additions but lost some quality as well. some really good young players who will come on this year, but you wouldn't want to many injuries because your list looks a bit thin bottom end. Your VFL side is not real strong.

if its 'pathetic' why would you want to ban it? Surely in your eyes such poor posting will be easily be taken to task. Unless it cant be, because you dont have the courage or logic to do so?

See you @ NAB 3 ;)
I think the general consensus is that maybe you Richmond and Eagles fans could start a thread to debate each other and allow this one to go back to ‘which team list you would least want’.

I think you're swinging a general criticism of modern afl at a specific club there. The only side to score more than Geelong last year was Brisbane and they outscored the cats by 20 points. There were 16 other sides worse. If the cats were putrid going forward, what was everyone else?
I am not swinging anything in fact I said you should have won the flag in 2019, when the AFL brought in 6-6-6
and said it resets after every Goal the first casualty was always going to be Goals. My ladder does not define
you as a team it simply provides a measure of forward intent and velocity it is no different to saying team x is
no good at Contested Possession that does not stop them winning the flag by having a quasi midfield play out
of the back half.

Agree with your ruck summation. Marshall looks a beauty, added back up with Ryder who is still good enough, and Abbott (VFL but backup). Good additions but lost some quality as well. some really good young players who will come on this year, but you wouldn't want to many injuries because your list looks a bit thin bottom end. Your VFL side is not real strong.
Yeah it isn’t right now! I think our VFL team will probably be the strongest it’s been for the last few years for sure though! Won’t be elite but it’l be better, list is getting there for sure, lost a bit but it’s not as much as some want to make it out to be, especially seeing as two players we lost were in and out of the side all year

Marlion Pickett was voted 3rd in the Norm Smith with 22 touches (8 contested), 1 goal, 1 tackle, 3 clearances - against a team who kicked 3 goals for the afternoon. Over his career Redden has had two 3 vote games (including a 30 touch (11 contested), 2 goal, 9 tackle, 5 clearance effort - round 12 2014), six 2 vote games and six 1 vote games.

Pickett's GF was very good, but take the blinkers off.
This.

Oh look, its another Richmond supporter talking crap. Where were all these supporters before 2017? Lol.
http://footyindustry.com/files/afl/members/2016/2016AFLMembers.png

Yeah it isn’t right now! I think our VFL team will probably be the strongest it’s been for the last few years for sure though! Won’t be elite but it’l be better, list is getting there for sure, lost a bit but it’s not as much as some want to make it out to be, especially seeing as two players we lost were in and out of the side all year
Bruce will be a bit of a loss, but he was no star. You offset that by adding Ryder to your forward half as a resting ruck and Howard who can play at either end. Together they are as good as Bruce, probably better. Zac Jones is a tough nut who offsets the loss of Steven, not in the same class but Steven hasn't played that much good footy of late for well known reasons. Brad Hill is a gun on his day, change of scenery might be good for him. Butler similarly might evolve, showed signs of winning his own ball late in the year in the VFL which really holds him back as a player. Acres is a bit of a loss. Overall better in's than outs.

I am not swinging anything in fact I said you should have won the flag in 2019, when the AFL brought in 6-6-6
and said it resets after every Goal the first casualty was always going to be Goals. My ladder does not define
you as a team it simply provides a measure of forward intent and velocity it is no different to saying team x is
no good at Contested Possession that does not stop them winning the flag by having a quasi midfield play out
of the back half.
That's all fair enough, I just don't understand how your ratings system works here. Your metric is apparently aimed at forward effectiveness but rates two sides that were top 4 for scores for (cats 2nd overall and GWS 4th) in the bottom 4 of your rankings (15th and 16th respectively). I'm not sure what actual metrics you're using for that ranking system but it doesn't seem to reflect the outcome. That's why I'm asking what you're measuring which I still don't quite understand

I was also predicting 6-6-6 swung completely against us given our poor ruck stocks and abysmal centre clearance numbers. Not sure how a side that rarely gets first use at a center bounce up was ever going to benefit from 6-6-6.

I don't really know what the issue is. For some reason I can see some AFL sides, regularly even, but my memory isn't capable of retaining them. I'm like Guy Pearce in that thing that I forget what it was called.
Same. I’ve watch some incredible football games, just can’t recall which ones they were!
Adelaide for mine. Just can’t get past the lack of substance behind the Power rangers. Probably not the player’s fault. Management seems to be a rabble.

Back