• Sydney

Votes: 44 3.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 64 4.8%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 5 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

"How do you know the progression of each draftee at the club? Do you study our list? Do you follow training reports?"
Thats what was written by you, so unless one can do what you just wrote of all other 17 clubs, then they cant write an opinion judgement, aso going by your notion, no poster can answer this thread topic
So let me get this right, on an online football forum, it is not permissible to ask someone for the rationality underpinning their points? Is that not the purpose of this website?

And to put the onus back on you, are you going to call out every poster who questions another posters point of view? Since when were you elevated to the position of the bigfooty police?

Id take the Dons list, though i understand why people cringe.
A decent list manager would find a ball winning inside mid and make moves to get them in. At said point you'd have a decent defence, mid and fwd line with a young ruck coming through (need more depth here)

Hurley is a gun
Heppell, Stringer, Smith, Saad, Parish, Merrett and Shiel are all good.

But besides Parish nothing in the under 23s excites me at all.

For the Crows - Doedee, Milera, Fogarty and a few other under 23s look very bloody promising.

I'd be quite excited to take over the Crows list.

For North, I like Simpkin and Thomas but thats about it. Not excited.
Ridley excites me. I'd like to see him in the side and Redman put more on and around the ball.
And McGrath is class, but he's largely shut out by the fact Parish, Shiel and Merrett play the same role.
Other than, i do agree. We've been adding mid-aged talent at the expense of youth since 2017.

Draper is one, but without AFL exposure it's hard to predict how he'll go.

Surprised by the votes for Adelaide and North.
Bones are there to work with.
Also surprised by the Dons being 2nd. Its a good list, its just not coached or led very well.

Voted the hawks, mainly because i don't have the coaching prowess Clarko does to get results from it.
Worpel, Jaeger, Titch gives you a good engine room. Sicily, Hardwick, Impey down back are good talents.

Surprised by the votes for Adelaide and North.
Bones are there to work with.
Also surprised by the Dons being 2nd. Its a good list, its just not coached or led very well.

Voted the hawks, mainly because i don't have the coaching prowess Clarko does to get results from it.
Worpel, Jaeger, Titch gives you a good engine room. Sicily, Hardwick, Impey down back are good talents.
Because the default BF position is 'North are s**t at everything'. Consequently it never matters what the question is, North is the answer if it is negative.

Because the default BF position is 'North are s**t at everything'. Consequently it never matters what the question is, North is the answer if it is negative.
I have what i call a rational hatred of all things North.
I can't explain it but i do.
But even i'll cede they have a list to work with.

You are right about this place though
Richmond has more votes than Collingwood, Bulldogs, Brisbane and GWS. And are 3 votes off Port.
Best team of the past 3 years. Dusty in his prime. Kids coming through (VFL team is very impressive).

Richmond's list is insanely good. I'm guessing the votes are haters.

Top shelf talent:
Riewoldt, Lynch, Grimes, Houli, Martin, Prestia.

Very good:
Vlastuin, Cotchin, Edwards.

Good/serviceable (established):
Astbury, Broad, Caddy, Castagna, Graham, Lambert, McIntosh, Nankervis, Rioli, Short, Soldo.

Young & exciting/promising:
Baker, Balta, Bolton, Chol, Callum Coleman-Jones, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Higgins, Naish, Pickett, Ross, Stack

Don't rate:
Aarts, Eggmolesse-Smith, Garthwaite, Markov, Miller.

Unknown:
Turner, English, all the kids we just drafted in.

Even worse for the competition is knowing that Richmond can win a flag without Rance, then use his salary to front-load other contracts or chase another FA this year.

Top shelf talent:

Very good:

Astbury, Broad, Caddy, Castagna, Graham, Lambert, McIntosh, Nankervis, Rioli, Short, Soldo.

Baker, Balta, Bolton, Chol, Callum Coleman-Jones, Riley Collier-Dawkins, Higgins, Naish, Pickett, Ross, Stack

Don't rate:

Unknown:

Even worse for the competition is knowing that Richmond can win a flag without Rance, then use his salary to front-load other contracts or chase another FA this year.
I think Miller is going to be a gun once he gets a bit more training in.
As a kid, his kicking and mobility was off the charts. I'd promote him up a group.

Top shelf talent:

Very good:

Don't rate:

Unknown:

Did you have to ?

This thread has SFA to do with Richmond but you feel inspired to spell it all out for us for the billionth time this off season how great you think your team is

Super

Amazing

F***ing tedious

It's like you campaigners are so insecure in your success anyone talking about another team on here is somehow attacking the amazing golden future you all have mapped out in your heads

Give it a rest ..... please

Did you have to ?

This thread has SFA to do with Richmond but you feel inspired to spell it all out for us for the billionth time this off season how great you think your team is

Super

Amazing

F***ing tedious

It's like you campaigners are so insecure in your success anyone talking about another team on here is somehow attacking the amazing golden future you all have mapped out in your heads

Give it a rest ..... please
post right above was mine and about Richmond's list and the votes it got.......pretty sure its a reply to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top shelf talent:

Very good:

Don't rate:

Unknown:

I think Miller is going to be a gun once he gets a bit more training in.
As a kid, his kicking and mobility was off the charts. I'd promote him up a group.
Have to agree about Miller. A dude that size being that mobile is just unfair. I reckon if he put on some muscle over the next year or two, he could be an elite tall defender. Like a better Darcy Moore.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he win the agility test in his draft year? Also ran a sub-3 second 20m sprint and dominated the goalkicking test. On paper, he's going to be an incredible player if he lives up to his potential

Top shelf talent:

Very good:

Don't rate:

Unknown:

You really need to prove to people that Richmond have a good list?

Top shelf talent:

Very good:

Don't rate:

Unknown:

Subjective and all, but I can't say I rate McIntosh, Broad and Short in the same tier as the others listed as "Good/serviceable". Also not keen on Ross and Bolton (latter is too inconsistent). But as I said in my other comment, Miller looks like he has serious potential

Have to agree about Miller. A dude that size being that mobile is just unfair. I reckon if he put on some muscle over the next year or two, he could be an elite tall defender. Like a better Darcy Moore.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he win the agility test in his draft year? Also ran a sub-3 second 20m sprint and dominated the goalkicking test. On paper, he's going to be an incredible player if he lives up to his potential
agility, plus scored 29/30 on the kicking i think. or it was 30/30 on one boot and 29/30 on the other. Something ridiculous.
I really wanted him....and Stack....and Graham....damn richmond. we'll just keep stealing their back office personnel :p

Top shelf talent:

Very good:

Don't rate:

Unknown:

Richmond's list is above average, but that's about it. They're just playing as a cohesive unit with great culture atm. This whole spiel is just bandwagoner bias to the umpteenth degree.

OT: Would least like to have North's list. Defence is mediocre. Midfield is one paced with perhaps the worst outside class in the comp. Ben Brown is a great KPF but a bit of a one trick pony with terrible support around him. Plus, how much longer does Goldy have left? Don't see many promising back ups behind him.

Subjective and all, but I can't say I rate McIntosh, Broad and Short in the same tier as the others listed as "Good/serviceable". Also not keen on Ross and Bolton (latter is too inconsistent). But as I said in my other comment, Miller looks like he has serious potential
Bolton and Ross are going to be playing a lot of senior footy over the next few years for one of the top teams in the comp. Yet you rate Miller, who has pretty much no hope of getting a senior game let alone another contract. Your comment is laughable.

Richmond's list is above average, but that's about it. They're just playing as a cohesive unit with great culture atm. This whole spiel is just bandwagoner bias to the umpteenth degree.

OT: Would least like to have North's list. Defence is mediocre. Midfield is one paced with perhaps the worst outside class in the comp. Ben Brown is a great KPF but a bit of a one trick pony with terrible support around him. Plus, how much longer does Goldy have left? Don't see many promising back ups behind him.
I voted North too, but that could quickly change over this season tbh. Their stock of players in the 23-27 bracket is awful, while their veterans are top notch (Goldstein, Higgins, Cunnington, etc.), and the players they've picked up in the last couple of years looks really promising. They are practically devoid of talent in the middle age bracket, but in a few years' time those young guys could very well fill that gap, so long as their drafting continues at the level it's been the last couple of years.

Currently last alongside a few others sides for me, but can very easily see that changing by 2021

Bolton is 20 ffs and watch his final against Brisbane and see how good he was. He is a far better player at 20 than shane edwards was. Will be a gun when he is 25 and well on the way now.

Bolton is 20 ffs and watch his final against Brisbane and see how good he was. He is a far better player at 20 than shane edwards was. Will be a gun when he is 25 and well on the way now.
Bolton is 21, turning 22 this year. What is he even supposed to be? A small forward? A small midfielder? Because he doesn't seem to do either of those roles overly well. He's had 3 seasons of AFL footy now, and has had maybe 3 good games in his career. There are so many players his age a mile ahead of him now.

Also he was average in that final, what game did you watch? His GWS and Fremantle games this year were good. His Brisbane final was average at best

Come on VD, Richmond got an extra pick because the bid for Patrick Naish came later than anticipated or
else Miller would not even be on their list.
Purely talking potential, not what's likely to happen. Every draftee needs a player comparison.

And he was picked ahead of 52 other draftees, so would have likely ended up on someone's list if not Richmond. I firmly believe he'll be a damn good player in future

Purely talking potential, not what's likely to happen. Every draftee needs a player comparison.

And he was picked ahead of 52 other draftees, so would have likely ended up on someone's list if not Richmond. I firmly believe he'll be a damn good player in future
You pressed my Darcy Moore button maybe you could go with the next Jayden Post. :thumbsu:

Back