Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's still culture, standards and leadership that the hawkd have. North have 0 the leaders are beyond average and the kids are doing the heavy lifting. Hawks still have leaders across each line that can help with positioning and lead when the momentum changes in a game

It’s a good point…Jack Gunston’s return this season has been massive for the likes of Lewis and Koschitzke..a shame he’s out for a while now…but despite having an average season, having Luke Breust there would definitely help.

James Sicily down back as well…he’s playing at an all Australian level despite missing all of last season with a ACL..

It's really hard to tell cause Hawks top end players are still playing well but north's are putrid. You'd be happy with the year as a Hawks fan but
It’s not really that hard Newk, Lewis, Moore, DGB, CJ, Scrimshaw, Ward, Mac, Butler, Bramble, Morrison, Reeves, Nash, Day, Kosi are all showing some good signs internally and on game day ……. that’s nearly 2/3 of a side assembled in the last few years. When all these guys get to 50-100 games Hawks should be ok and confident that we will find a few more in the near future. For one of the youngest sides in all our games this year we have been in all of them except the Saints. Very happy 👍

Last edited:

It’s a good point…Jack Gunston’s return this season has been massive for the likes of Lewis and Koschitzke..a shame he’s out for a while now…but despite having an average season, having Luke Breust there would definitely help.

James Sicily down back as well…he’s playing at an all Australian level despite missing all of last season with a ACL..
Yep I think those blokes have been huge. Bruest and gunston are just very smart players. Compare that to North who have ziebell who isn't even a natural fwd. Sicily marshalling the backs compared to who from North? Hawks getting great inputs from leaders still

It’s not really that hard Newk, Lewis, Moore, DGB, CJ, Scrimshaw, Ward, Mac, Butler, Bramble, Morrison, Reeves, Nash, Day, Kosi are all showing some good signs internally and on game day ……. that’s nearly 2/3 of a side assembled in the last few years. When all these guys get to 50-100 games Hawks should be ok and confident that we will find a few more in the near future. For one of the youngest sides in all our games this year we have been in all the games except tge Saints. Very happy 👍
Reckon those blokes wouldn't be having the year they are at North that's all I was raising

Hit the post so could have had 3 goals in game 2.

I reckon the feedback will be defensive work. Didnt see much of him when he didnt have the ball. But a great start for him.

2 crunching tackles caught my eye. Also number 1 on the ground for sprint efforts. The fundamentals are there. His potential is large.

Hit the post so could have had 3 goals in game 2.

I reckon the feedback will be defensive work. Didnt see much of him when he didnt have the ball. But a great start for him.

Disagree on this one mate. Last week he was putrid - basically losing every contest he was in but was very hard at it this week, with some big tackles, chasing and locking it in a few times. Especially so in the last when the heat was up. I know his official stats only say 2 tackles but the way tackles are recorded are a bit weird sometimes (don't they only count of it results in a stoppage or a free kick? - meaning you can lay a tackle that results in an effected disposal or the ball bobbles out and it's play on) and he had some really strong defensive moments.

A bit harsh on Breust. He is a veteran small forward in an average team who has missed a game and has still kicked 18 goals and 10 assists. Yes he has had his quiet patches in games (as all small forwards do) but his front and centre work is still elite. Charlie Cameron and Shai Bolton are the only small forwards in the entire comp who have more [goals + assists] and he is ahead of Bolton if you use average rather than total.

I think if a small forward in a bottom 8 side is kicking 40 goals and is top 10 in the comp for assists (which Breust is currently on track for) you shouldn't call it average.

Disagree on this one mate. Last week he was putrid - basically losing every contest he was in but was very hard at it this week, with some big tackles, chasing and locking it in a few times. Especially so in the last when the heat was up. I know his official stats only say 2 tackles but the way tackles are recorded are a bit weird sometimes (don't they only count of it results in a stoppage or a free kick? - meaning you can lay a tackle that results in an effected disposal or the ball bobbles out and it's play on) and he had some really strong defensive moments.

Also depends on who tackles first and second, and who gets the free kick. I certainly see a lot of upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit harsh on Breust. He is a veteran small forward in an average team who has missed a game and has still kicked 18 goals and 10 assists. Yes he has had his quiet patches in games (as all small forwards do) but his front and centre work is still elite. Charlie Cameron and Shai Bolton are the only small forwards in the entire comp who have more [goals + assists] and he is ahead of Bolton if you use average rather than total.

I think if a small forward in a bottom 8 side is kicking 40 goals and is top 10 in the comp for assists (which Breust is currently on track for) you shouldn't call it average.
Breust has done well with his goals and assist totals this year. But his general play work has been well down on his usual standard. So many times he’s been ineffectual or a negative influence at a contest. Which is very unlike him.

His goals and assists have also dropped off since his first 4 games compared to his last 5. 10 goals to 8 as well 8 goal assist down to 2.

Breust has done well with his goals and assist totals this year. But his general play work has been well down on his usual standard. So many times he’s been ineffectual or a negative influence at a contest. Which is very unlike him.

His goals and assists have also dropped off since his first 4 games compared to his last 5. 10 goals to 8 as well 8 goal assist down to 2.

Its not a bad thing if we are less dependent on our older champs. Especially in a game where we kicked 18 goals.

Its not a bad thing if we are less dependent on our older champs. Especially in a game where we kicked 18 goals.
I’m not saying it’s a bad thing we are doing well without Breust. Just that Breust definitely hasn’t been up to usual standard.

If anything it’s a positive kicking 18 goals with Breust being down especially as he definitely prevented at least 1 goal being kicked.

That one in the last quarter was sensational on the 50m line. Hit it full force to perfection. Textbook stuff

2 crunching tackles caught my eye. Also number 1 on the ground for sprint efforts. The fundamentals are there. His potential is large.
Kingy loves him.

Psicosis

I know you laughed when I said

Newcombe >>>> Powell

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

🤣🤣🤣
🤣 a weeks a long time in football isn’t it.

Hawks experienced players have been significant to their performances this year. Things fall apart pretty quickly as soon as the experience does.

🤣 a weeks a long time in football isn’t it.

Hawks experienced players have been significant to their performances this year. Things fall apart pretty quickly as soon as the experience does.

Holy * I've missed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back