Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selective stat pushing is for the bin.

I can quite easily point to Larkey's 82 career goals Vs Lewis' 47.

Why are average's more relevant then totals? Because it suits your narrative.
It’s already been explained that Lewis has played less games and they’ve been more interrupted due to the shoulder injury and concussion.

But sure if you want to continue with the “Larkey is well in front of Lewis” argument, let’s lots look at these “selective” career stats…and see if there’s a clear difference Larkey’s way?

Narrator : There’s not.

P.S. Maybe you can stop pretending there's a clear advantage to Larkey now? Both clubs should be happy with how there young forwards are tracking, as I said previously.

A8B0E9CB-60E9-45B5-96C4-95386905A538.jpeg 3CD4EE3E-5821-46C2-BAFA-6D1B4B609599.jpeg 3CD4EE3E-5821-46C2-BAFA-6D1B4B609599.jpeg 9B4ABB8F-C914-4E7C-92B1-3F9090DD0987.jpeg

Attachments

• 850CB159-E6C4-4819-B5CB-2660CD00B023.jpeg
    850CB159-E6C4-4819-B5CB-2660CD00B023.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Selective stat pushing is for the bin.

I can quite easily point to Larkey's 82 career goals Vs Lewis' 47.

Why are average's more relevant then totals? Because it suits your narrative.
No??? jesus, that is single handily the dumbest thing you've ever said. Totals will favour a player who's play more games. Averages it doesn't matter if they've played the same amount of games or not.

It’s already been explained that Lewis has played less games and they’ve been more interrupted due to the shoulder injury and concussion.

But sure if you want to continue with the “Larkey is well in front of Lewis” argument, let’s lots look at these “selective” career stats…and see if there’s a clear difference Larkey’s way?

Narrator : There’s not.

P.S. Maybe you can stop pretending there's a clear advantage to Larkey now? Both clubs should be happy with how there young forwards are tracking, as I said previously.

View attachment 1268934View attachment 1268935View attachment 1268935View attachment 1268937

Lewis’ injury issues & continuity are a contributing factor as to why he’s not considered on Larkeys level IMO.

There is uncertainty around him. He’s still very speculative for that exact reason.

No??? jesus, that is single handily the dumbest thing you've ever said. Totals will favour a player who's play more games. Averages it doesn't matter if they've played the same amount of games or not.

Depends which way you want to look at it. I think it also highlights the fact that Larkey has had a far better career to date.

Lewis can’t stay on the park, struggling with continuity, whilst showing some good signs when he can. Larkey just kicked 42 goals in a wooden spoon side taking the best key defender every week.

Lewis’ injury issues & continuity are a contributing factor as to why he’s not considered on Larkeys level IMO.

There is uncertainty around him. He’s still very speculative for that exact reason.
Right, so only a page ago Larkey was so much better that it was laughable, but now that you’ve seen Lewis’s stats are better you’re declaring that he’s still “very speculative”….but of course Larkey isn’t.

I guess it’s the 0.3 goals per game that makes all the difference after all.

Right, so only a page ago Larkey was so much better that it was laughable, but now that you’ve seen Lewis’s stats are better you’re declaring that he’s still “very speculative”….but of course Larkey isn’t.

I guess it’s the 0.3 goals per game that makes all the difference after all.

Correct, I do think that the 32 game Key Forward who is yet to cement his spot at senior level, is speculative.

If he produces a 40+ goal year playing as your #1 forward next year, I’ll change my tune.

Depends which way you want to look at it. I think it also highlights the fact that Larkey has had a far better career to date.

Lewis can’t stay on the park, struggling with continuity, whilst showing some good signs when he can. Larkey just kicked 42 goals in a wooden spoon side taking the best key defender every week.
Lewis takes the best key defender most weeks, Kossie did while Lewis was injured. Lewis got injured in a lot of ways. Concussion, Shoulder issues, had a few other niggles here and there but just because someone hasn't been able to play as many games because of incidents with injuries, it's not their fault and it doesn't make them worse. Like he missed a chunk of the year purely from a concussion suffered at training, like how unlucky.

In 4 years Larkey has had 1 good year. In 4 years Lewis has had 1 good year.

But Larkey is better due to consistency.

Kosi has had 1 good year out of 1 year as a forward. Where does that put him ?

It's fun to apply the "Tom Mitchell" logic to Larkey and look at his stats after the bye. Particularly considering that prior to the bye, with a new game plan North were belted most games.

After the bye, Larkey averaged 2.6 goals a game (including kicking 7 on Weitering), putting him behind only McKay, Franklin and Walker this season.

This is despite playing as the only KPF most weeks, which shouldn't be the case next year with CCJ and a fit Comben (hopefully).

Lewis could definitely improve next season, but he hasnt shown consistent form like Larkey has recently. Hopefully he gets a good run and can show good form, but he's behind Larkey for sure right now.

In 4 years Larkey has had 1 good year. In 4 years Lewis has had 1 good year.

But Larkey is better due to consistency.

Kosi has had 1 good year out of 1 year as a forward. Where does that put him ?

I don't understand how you've come to the conclusion that Larkey & Lewis have both had 1 good year.

2019:
Larkey - 17 Games, 26 Goals
Lewis - 12 Games, 20 Goals

2020:
Larkey - 10 Games, 14 Goals
Lewis - 8 Games, 5 Goals

2021:
Larkey - 22 Games, 42 Goals
Lewis - 14 Games, 22 Goals

Perhaps I'm a harsher judge, but of all these, I would only consider Larkey's 2021 to be a "good" year.

This is ridiculous.

Lewis looks like a good prospect, as does Kosi.

But come on, both are currently well behind Larkey.

Neither have demonstrated the ability to hold down a KPF spot for a season and kick over 40 goals.

Larkey did that one out in the worst team in the comp. also as pointed out, the first half of the season he was struggling as was the team.

A genuine second KPF target in CCJ, and 22 games like the second half of the season from the team, will help Larkey no end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is ridiculous.

Lewis looks like a good prospect, as does Kosi.

But come on, both are currently well behind Larkey.

Neither have demonstrated the ability to hold down a KPF spot for a season and kick over 40 goals.
Alternate fact, because as we’ve already shown Lewis isn’t. He’s just not played the same amount of games.

My 23&Under Best 22 for all three sides. Shows the split of where the talent is across the field.

FB - Jiath - McKay - Jones
CHB - Day - Butts - Scrimshaw
C - Schoenberg - Simpkin - Powell
FOL - *KS/NR/TX - Davies-Uniacke - Thomas
HF - Stephenson - Thilthorpe** - Fogarty
FF - Moore - Larkey - Zurhaar

IC - Sholl - Worpel - Granger-Barrass** - Phillips**

*Strachan/Reeves/Xerri - Toss of a coin between these three, don't think anyone could rationally separate them at this stage.
** Have included all clubs early 2021 picks as we assume that they will be high end players in time.

North - 9 Players
Adelaide - 6 Players
Hawthorn - 6 Players

My 23&Under Best 22 for all three sides. Shows the split of where the talent is across the field.

*Strachan/Reeves/Xerri - Toss of a coin between these three, don't think anyone could rationally separate them at this stage.
** Have included all clubs early 2021 picks as we assume that they will be high end players in time.

North - 9 Players
Adelaide - 6 Players
Hawthorn - 6 Players

Ned McHenry stiff

North - 9 Players
Adelaide - 6 Players
Hawthorn - 6 Players
No Lewis, but you’ve named Fogarty. 😂

North - 9 Players
Adelaide - 6 Players
Hawthorn - 6 Players
Very solid effort, Lewis probably in over Fogarty though.

Also there are a few crows that are a bit unlucky to just be on the wrong side of 23. Doedee, Dawson and Keays would definitely be locks in that side if they were a few months younger.

I like Fogarty, I think he took some big steps forward in the second half of the year and will develop into a really good second key forward to TT, but yeah that’s a dud call.
I think Fogarty will be good for you guys too, and I’m not laughing at Fogarty being put in the side, its more that Lewis has his measure in pretty much every key stat(as he does Larkey), yet somehow gets overlooked for both.

Very solid effort, Lewis probably in over Fogarty though.

Also there are a few crows that are a bit unlucky to just be on the wrong side of 23. Doedee, Dawson and Keays would definitely be locks in that side if they were a few months younger.

Yes, which is why I find age cut offs like this kinda funny and somewhat futile (as you can use it to paint whatever picture you like).

I mean, if were to do this side when football is next played in 2022, all of a sudden Larkey, Zurhaar, Simpkin, McKay, etc (who are all 24 next year except McKay who is 24 this year) are out of the side and North look quite weak (whereas Hawthorn's promising young players - Jiath, Day, Worpel, DGB, Moore, etc are all still there).

Does that mean North actually have weaker youth next year? Of course not. Just as Adelaide don't necessarily now. IT's just that the promising youth at each club are at slightly different stages of their career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back