Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad he couldn’t don’t for a full season and win the goal kicking award.

But I know a few of you hawks supporters love small sample sized averages.

It’s cute.
Yeah, like in the last 10 years we averaged a flag every 3 years. 🥰

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m not blaming him, I’m just stating that he played 8 games and kicked 23 goals. Larkey kicked 41 over a 17 game season in his second year.

Let’s also not pretend that the standard of vfl last year was anything but abysmal.
If you averaged that out, Jeka was having a better year GPG then Larkey, but your right, it wasnt a great standard

BIGHAWK23

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I do not understand the obsession with averages over small sample sizes.
No but to criticize his stats because he played less games for a reason he genuinely couldn't control is short sighted and not a fair assesment, if he kicked 5 in 1 game and then stopped fair enough, but he didnt, its a significant enough sample size to say he was having a solid and consistent year @ VFL level

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No but to criticize his stats because he played less games for a reason he genuinely couldn't control is short sighted and not a fair assesment, if he kicked 5 in 1 game and then stopped fair enough, but he didnt, its a significant enough sample size to say he was having a solid and consistent year @ VFL level

I’m not criticising him.

I’m criticising you and your mates for pumping him, Lewis and Kosi up in comparison to Larkey on the basis of a averages.

Like a guy that averages 5 goals a game for 3 games is near a guy that averages 3 goals a game over 22.

I think Lewis, Kosi and Jeka are all promising and all or a subset can be the Hawks tall forwards forthe next 10 years.

Edit: I also just wanted to clarify with Larkey, I don’t see him as a top 5 KPF in the comp. ideally he is the second string key forward as a mobile CHF. I was very pleasantly surprised how well he did in 2021 one out, carrying the forward line in terms of height, with very little help. In a side that was diabolical for the Firstlinks half of the season.

Last edited:
I’m not criticising him.

I’m criticising you and your mates for pumping him, Lewis and Kosi up in comparison to Larkey on the basis of a averages.

Like a guy that averages 5 goals a game for 3 games is near a guy that averages 3 goals a game over 22.

I think Lewis, Kosi and Jeka are all promising and all or a subset can be the Hawks tall forwards forthe next 10 years.

Edit: I also just wanted to clarify with Larkey, I don’t see him as a top 5 KPF in the comp. ideally he is the second string key forward as a mobile CHF. I was very pleasantly surprised how well he did in 2021 one out, carrying the forward line in terms of height, with very little help. In a side that was diabolical for the Firstlinks half of the season.
Hang on a minute.
No one was pumping Jeka up at all other than to say he looked to have the highest ceiling of our tall forwards - which is pretty much what the majority of Hawks fans would say who have watched him at Box Hill, based on his output there and the way he plays as a natural tall forward. The averages were only mentioned to once again show that just like Larkey at 19, Jeka has lots of potential as a key forward.

All these Jeka posts on started because psicosiss carried on like he was undeserving of even being mentioned by Hawks fans(ironically while saying he’d rather a North player who’s done far less) 👇
Mentioning Jeka in this thread is humorous.

Not one person has said Jeka is/was/will be better than Larkey, but one of you did decide to mention him in a comparison in an attempt to undermine Jeka’s performance as a 19yr old. That's when the averages were dropped.
Neither was anything said of Lewis or Kosi being better than Larkey, but when it was highlighted that Lewis's averages are all better than Larkey's at the same amount of games, you all fired up, rather than saying "they're all great prospects".

Hawks fans have every right to be excited about the potential of Lewis, Jeka and Kosi, as do North with Larkey, but we're going to argue when clowns try to make out like Hawks fans have got nothing to look forward to with our talls, so save that for Pies fans.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hang on a minute.
No one was pumping Jeka up at all other than to say he looked to have the highest ceiling of our tall forwards - which is pretty much what the majority of Hawks fans would say who have watched him at Box Hill, based on his output there and the way he plays as a natural tall forward. The averages were only mentioned to once again show that just like Larkey at 19, Jeka has lots of potential as a key forward.

All these Jeka posts on started because psicosiss carried on like he was undeserving of even being mentioned by Hawks fans(ironically while saying he’d rather a North player who’s done far less) 👇

Not one person has said Jeka is/was/will be better than Larkey, but one of you did decide to mention him in a comparison in an attempt to undermine Jeka’s performance as a 19yr old. That's when the averages were dropped.
Neither was anything said of Lewis or Kosi being better than Larkey, but when it was highlighted that Lewis's averages are all better than Larkey's at the same amount of games, you all fired up, rather than saying "they're all great prospects".

Hawks fans have every right to be excited about the potential of Lewis, Jeka and Kosi, as do North with Larkey, but we're going to argue when clowns try to make out like Hawks fans have got nothing to look forward to with our talls, so save that for Pies fans.

Actually I believe this all started when I said that north had the best KPF (at present), KPD (at present) and obviously midfield (at present).

Then Dom (apologies if it was someone else) predicted that all of Lewis, Kosi, and Jeka would be better than Larkey.

Then I claimed that there was a gaping chasm in performance to date between Larkey and Lewis (which at double the goals is undeniable), then hawks fans swooped in to pretend that averages are a better measure of performance, so it wasn’t a gaping chasm but infact they were pretty close.

And here we are.

Anyway, it’s all been a bit of fun.

Actually I believe this all started when I said that north had the best KPF (at present), KPD (at present) and obviously midfield (at present).

Then Dom (apologies if it was someone else) predicted that all of Lewis, Kosi, and Jeka would be better than Larkey.

Then I claimed that there was a gaping chasm in performance to date between Larkey and Lewis (which at double the goals is undeniable), then hawks fans swooped in to pretend that averages are a better measure of performance, so it wasn’t a gaping chasm but infact they were pretty close.

And here we are.

Never go full Dom.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn

And here we are.

I didn't predict all 3 to be better than Larkey wtf.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
If the question is who has the better youth, then it will be by default North on the back of being a disgrace for way, way too long (no disrespect North fans but it isn't like you've been knocking on the door of a flag...and there are reasons) but if it comes to who has the better youth to get them back into top 8, top 4, then that becomes interesting.

I'm not sure on Adelaide with its picks so far (Thrilthorpe is a dead set gun and opposition fans are going to love him and hate him in the same breath) and the Hawks probably have another year or two near the bottom to rejig themselves but North at present have the makings of a great bunch of kids, especially through the middle. the next step for whichever team is how they develop them.

If the question is who has the better youth, then it will be by default North on the back of being a disgrace for way, way too long (no disrespect North fans but it isn't like you've been knocking on the door of a flag...and there are reasons) but if it comes to who has the better youth to get them back into top 8, top 4, then that becomes interesting.

I'm not sure on Adelaide with its picks so far (Thrilthorpe is a dead set gun and opposition fans are going to love him and hate him in the same breath) and the Hawks probably have another year or two near the bottom to rejig themselves but North at present have the makings of a great bunch of kids, especially through the middle. the next step for whichever team is how they develop them.
Pretty sure we both played finals last in 2016 and 2017 for you lot. 1 year diff
You’ve been equally poor since

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back