Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You at least could've shown highlights of Day hitting some targets by foot. Also at 190cm I only saw one contested mark and that was against Daniels who is about 25 cm shorter.

Either you're undetselling him with this highlight package or you do have a man crush on him as VinnieB suggested.
Fair point with the marking, i didn't make it so i can't include it. But if you'd like rewatch Dons vs Hawks R1 (Great game for one) but secondly, Day was awesome in intercepting and marking while also setting the attack up, hitting targets with ease and flying. You can also rewatch this game (for his highlights being most of his disposals.)

As seen in this highlights video, the run and dash to go with the calm and composed nature and being able to hit targets on both feet.

His stats in this GWS game were
29 disposals, 10 contested at 83% DE.
10 intercepts with 7 score involvements.
7 marks (1 contested.)
634 metres gained, 6 inside 50s and 3 rebound 50s.
4 one percenters.

In the Dons game
28 disposals 5 contested at 79% DE.
8 intercepts with 7 score involvements
8 marks
536 metres gained, 7 rebound 50s.

Also hitting targets, while also dashing down the wings and through the guts.
I am genuinely interested in seeing how rose colored your glasses are now.

If you had to rank Will Day, Luke Jackson and Matt Rowell from 1-3, how would you rank them?

Why didn’t Day go top 5 then?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Isn’t half as athletic as Goater, no slight though. No one else at North is either.

Goaters kicking rep on the D&T board is going to fall into to the same hilarious draft assessment as Powell and Phillips received based on the 5 training sessions I’ve seen of him.

There’s a reason why a lot of them aren’t close to recruiting circles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn’t half as athletic as Goater, no slight though. No one else at North is either.

Goaters kicking rep on the D&T board is going to fall into to the same hilarious draft assessment as Powell and Phillips received based on the 5 training sessions I’ve seen of him.

I think the knock on Goater is still his kicking, not as bad as some made it out to be, but will be interesting once put under proper match pressure, training is much different, no matter how much we read into sessions this time of year

Goater could end up being a serious steal, and even if he isn't, his athleticism will carry him to a decent career

North building well. I dont know a lot about the adelaide kids. Hawks rebuild getting started but whether we can catch North depends on how our last 2 drafts develop.

NORTH

Stephenson
Simpkin
Larkey
Thomas
Powell
Phillips
LDU
Horne Francis
Zuurhar
Comben
Taylor
Scott
Edwards
Lazzaro

HAWTHORN

Worpel
Day
Grainger-Barrass
Scrimshaw
Jiath
Lewis
Koschitzke
Bramble
Moore
Reeves
Maginness
Newcombe
Brockman
Ward
Jeka

CROWS

Thilthorpe
Jones
McAsey
Butts
Berry
McHenry
Schoenberg
Milera
Fogarty
Rachele
Rowe
Hamill
Murphy

What was the assessment on Phillips? Pre-draft he seemed to be in that top 5-6 category.

What was the assessment on Phillips? Pre-draft he seemed to be in that top 5-6 category.

Will be a slow burn IMO - His tank isn't where it needs to be to play fulltime mid.

Gets marked harshly due to his draft position/North selecting another midfielder, however he is already one of our best distributors i50 by foot, behind Thomas & Cunnington.

Will be a slow burn IMO - His tank isn't where it needs to be to play fulltime mid.

Gets marked harshly due to his draft position/North selecting another midfielder, however he is already one of our best distributors i50 by foot, behind Thomas & Cunnington.

I think the jist is that his foot skills were undersold come draft time

Just got back from Hawks training and I can confirm what Dom has been posting, everyone is elite, they’re all training the house down, and they’re all skilled like nothing you’ve ever seen before.

🤪

North building well. I dont know a lot about the adelaide kids. ...

CROWS

Thilthorpe
Jones
McAsey
Butts
Berry
McHenry
Schoenberg
Milera
Fogarty
Rachele
Rowe
Hamill
Murphy
Many of us are looking forward to see how Brayden Cook goes this year - bit of a talented, late-to-structured football, x-factor type - maybe become our version of Stevie Johnson. Finally got -2-3 games end of last season and one to keep an eye for this year.

Last edited:
Just got back from Hawks training and I can confirm what Dom has been posting, everyone is elite, they’re all training the house down, and they’re all skilled like nothing you’ve ever seen before.

🤪
Can you confirm the reports that Will Day has grown 3 inches, put on 10kg of muscle, trained the house down and cured a leper on the way to training?

Can you confirm the reports that Will Day has grown 3 inches, put on 10kg of muscle, trained the house down and cured a leper on the way to training?
3 lepers, to be precise.

🤪
Can't see how we will lose a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back