Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have compared apples with oranges, as you have picked a future team, not your likely starting team.

I could have done that my bringing in the likes of Berry, Pedlar, Jones, McHenry, Hamill, Hately, etc... & looky here our side is younger.
I think that's going to be our start team in the middle.

Jom, Tom and Worpel speak for themselves, but Ward is just about locked in for Round 1 on everything he's doing on track.

Fair chance Newcombe and MacDonald are in amongst the side too, as Mitchell will want to move towards a younger set up.

I think that's going to be our start team in the middle.

Jom, Tom and Worpel speak for themselves, but Ward is just about locked in for Round 1 on everything he's doing on track.

Fair chance Newcombe and MacDonald are in amongst the side too, as Mitchell will want to move towards a younger set up.
JOM, Tom, Worpel as you said speak for themselves, Ward is arguably a lock for Round 1.

Newcombe, Nash, MacDonald, Maginness are arguably gonna be in or around the side aswell, again as you said Mitchell will likely wanna lean towards younger.

Fact behind Mitchell when he said about strengths and liking elite traits and so on, probably slowly starts to leave out players like Phillips who really has no elite trait outside of his running, Howe would be the closest out of Shiels, Howe and Phillips tbh and Shiels if he plays likely wont play midfield.

He will be a tap out ruckman. He'll likely play early and fade away as the season goes on.

He's probably the only change to the side i sent you, it'd be Reeves and McEvoy.

McEvoy will spend most of the game forward and tap Reeves out when he needs to.
So you are going to fade out your captain?

Who says he's gonna captain in 2022? (Not confirmed yet.)
So how many games do you think McEvoy play in 2022?

Has anyone told your current captain he is going to be phased out?

So how many games do you think McEvoy play in 2022?

Has anyone told your current captain he is going to be phased out?
No idea, it could be any amount that Sam wants.

He'll play early on purely because chucking a young ruck in the deep end isn't good (23 is young for a ruck yes.)

But overtime he'd probably know he's going to be faded out, better for the team. No one is bigger than the team.

As i mentioned, Seedsman is also older than most of our mids and was arguably one of Adelaides best players and if AA sides picked wingers he'd be arguably first picked or close to it.
Seedsman 30
Brodie Smith 30
Sloane 32
Laird 28
Crouch 26 (turns 27)
Keays 24 (turning 25)
Dawson 24 (turns 25)

Outside of these players
Shoenberg is a good young player, proven that he's good and will likely play alot of games and at a pretty high standard.
Josh Rachele will turn into a MID-FWD and looks to be a player.

There's some others who've been drafted like Zac Taylor who looks he could be a handy player, i am actually a big fan, surprised he dropped that far.

Berry showed a little, he's a tough player and loves a tackle.
There's Cook aswell who looks talented.
Aswell as Pedlar who i like.

Hately too but unsure on him atm.

Point is, look at the ages of alot of the main stays in the Adelaide midfield last year or the players that will play in 2022.

Seeds will lock a wing, Smith will play wing but also HB.
Sloane will play probably everywhere as a leader.
Laird will lock a mid spot.
Crouch fit will def play as a mid.
Keays also locked in as a mid.
Dawson wing/mid but could also spend time as a half back, very versatile so.

Also Schoenberg.

And the kids who may, Berry will, Rachele starts FWD, Cook i'd suspect gets more games, Pedlar too and Hately unsure.

If you look at ours atleast in my opinion.
Titch 28 (turns 29)
Jaeger 27 (turns 28)
Are the main two older midfielders, there's others like Howe but i suspect he'll be more depth (26)
Wingard MID-FWD (28)

The likely demographic of Hawks midfield has 2-3 late 20s players.
But they likely have more kids playing aswell, with less in the 25 range.
25 is probably around the time you want your players to prime for a flag, to start gelling together. Abit like how Melbourne went with Clarry (arguably earlier tho)

I guess it depends how many kids you play aswell as how experienced the players are, it doesn't matter if they are late 20s teaching the kids or if it's a range of kids, mid 20s and late 20s (or a couple 30s.)

Wow this is quite possibly the worst post I have read in a very long time. This includes all the posts you and your mates have posted over the last few weeks.

Firstly, Seedsman, Smith and Dawson are not midfielders. Why you have included them in your post to try prove an age demographic point in your favour is embarrassing.

The midfield youth of Adelaide is miles ahead of yours. You literally just named their youth in Schoenberg, Berry, Cook, Rachelle, Taylor, Pedlar, Hately, plus Sholl and Jones.

Literally no one in their right mind would take your young mids over that group from Adelaide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, it is laughable that your current captain McEvoy is your 4th ruckman & will be phased out.
So you can't read?

I did say that would be what i want the side to be. For him to not be near it. Because it'd be better for the side eventually, he'll play early as the 2nd ruck but that early could go on for a small period, medium period or whatever we don't know yet.

It's all guess work till it happens.

I laughed because as a 32 year old turning 33 you'd know your time is almost at the end.

Yes, it is laughable that your current captain McEvoy is your 4th ruckman & will be phased out.

He will play the vast majority of games imo.
It's a major query on what they do, both with BigBoy's games and the captaincy.

I could see him playing most games, but then I really don't know what Mitchell will do.

Wow this is quite possibly the worst post I have read in a very long time. This includes all the posts you and your mates have posted over the last few weeks.

Firstly, Seedsman, Smith and Dawson are not midfielders. Why you have included them in your post to prove an age demographic point in your favour is embarrassing.

The midfield youth of Adelaide is miles ahead of yours. You literally just named their youth in Schoenberg, Berry, Cook, Rachelle, Taylor, Pedlar, Hately, plus Sholl, O’Brien and Jones.

Literally no one in their right mind would take your young mids over that group from Adelaide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Seedsman, Smith and Dawson are midfielders. Wingers are mids FYI and Dawson probably spends some time inside.

LOL it's not in my favour it's just the fact THEY ARE MIDFIELDERS.

You name Jones but he's not even a mid anymore, he's a defender.

You name those players but Schoenberg is about the only player there who has proved themselves, like Worpel. Berry showed a little bit but i'd prefer Newcombe, Cook, Pedlar barely played but are talented. Can say the same about a few of our players (yet to play or barely played but are talented).

Rachele/Taylor, just drafted, like a few of ours.

Hately has had bulk time and has still failed to really do anything.

Sholl aswell been pretty good on a wing barring the late form slump.

But you say these names like Hawthorn don't have talent. LOL

McEvoy's body is battered. He's been a warrior and a champion, but he's just about done. If he plays the majority of the games I imagine it will be as the relief ruck, whilst predominantly playing forward or off the pine. It's Reeves' time now.

Frankly I hope Reeves is fit enough to play as a sole ruck, and we use Lewis as the relief, and McEvoy can sit out games. Not sure where Lynch fits into the scheme of things just yet.

Last edited:
It's a major query on what they do, both with BigBoy's games and the captaincy.

I could see him playing most games, but then I really don't know what Mitchell will do.
Look i can see him playing as a ruck/forward or forward/ruckman... but I'm pretty sure he will play the vast majority of games.

Likely to be rested during the season to manage his body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McEvoy's body is battered. He's been a warrior and a champion, but he's just about done. If he plays the majority of the games I imagine it will be as the relief ruck, whilst predominantly playing forward or off the pine. It's Reeves time now.

Frankly I hope Reeves is fit enough to play as a sole ruck, and we use Lewis as the relief, and McEvoy can sit out games. Not sure where Lynch fits into the scheme of things just yet.
Lynch has been super impressive at training so he and Reeves battling it out will only better each other. Reeves getting more fit (as shown by his big PB boost in the running) will def help him playing more games and McEvoy not having to do it as much.

Look i can see him playing as a ruck/forward or forward/ruckman... but I'm pretty sure he will play the vast majority of games.

Likely to be rested during the season to manage his body.
Bloke could play most games but he could also play not many. It's a wait and see but in my opinion and what i want is the latter.

Bloke could play most games but he could also play not many. It's a wait and see but in my opinion and what i want is the latter.
McEvoy games...
22 2021
16 2020
19 2019
19 2018
22 2017
23 2016

No signs of being phased out yet.

McEvoy games...
22 2021
16 2020
19 2019
19 2018
22 2017
23 2016

No signs of being phased out yet.
Yeah, but Clarko.

I mean, he also gave Stratton and Puopolo continual games when they were pretty much cooked. That was his thing.

Yeah, but Clarko.

I mean, he also gave Stratton and Puopolo continual games when they were pretty much cooked. That was his thing.
Oh god don't remind me..

Stratton when he got captain turned into one of the worst players and was a genuine liability.

Poppy should've finished years before he did..

He will play the vast majority of games imo.
To be fair Sloane is our captain and I expect him to be our 5th midfielder if Schoenberg gets the midfield minutes he deserves

To be fair Sloane is our captain and I expect him to be our 5th midfielder if Schoenberg gets the midfield minutes he deserves
Yeah, but I was never claiming we were going to phase Sloane out of our side... ;)

Mine would be:
Ruck: Ned Reeves (23) with Mitch Lewis (23) relieving (Or Lynch if he plays.)
Inside Mids: Tom Mitchell (28), Jaeger O'Meara (27), James Worpel (Just turned 23), Josh Ward (18)
Outside Mids: Lachlan Bramble (23), Day/Scrimshaw (One will move up and Day is 20, Scrimshaw 23), Dan Howe?
I’m not going to bother reading your essay of bias nonsense Dom.

However, this midfield is the worst in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back