Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw away more draft picks for another player from Port. Amon is our saviour.

Wingard and Impey have really made a difference to our fortunes.

Guess we never learn.

Amon won’t cost us any draft capital as he’s a free agent..he will cost us $$$ which we have a lot of as we don’t have anyone we are paying big $$.. Tom Mitchell’s contract was heavily front loaded and there’s a chance he will be traded. Since Isaac smith and Bradley hill left, we haven’t had a decent winger and he is finally the perfect replacement we’ve been after.

Yes, Wingard was a massive failure for what we gave up, but that was a Clarkson decision. Lucky he isn’t at the club anymore.

As for Impey, he’s given the club decent service since coming across at the end of 2017. He only cost us pick 33. Unfortunately injuries have hindered him in recent years.

The tides will turn for us at the end of 2024 once our core group of youngsters play 50 games. Patience is required.

Throw away more draft picks for another player from Port. Amon is our saviour.

Wingard and Impey have really made a difference to our fortunes.

Guess we never learn.
So not only do you say dumb s**t like Ward and DGB are busts, but you also don’t even know what a free agent is.

Brilliant.

Amon won’t cost us any draft capital as he’s a free agent..he will cost us $$$ which we have a lot of as we don’t have anyone we are paying big $$.. Tom Mitchell’s contract was heavily front loaded and there’s a chance he will be traded. Since Isaac smith and Bradley hill left, we haven’t had a decent winger and he is finally the perfect replacement we’ve been after.

Yes, Wingard was a massive failure for what we gave up, but that was a Clarkson decision. Lucky he isn’t at the club anymore.

As for Impey, he’s given the club decent service since coming across at the end of 2017. He only cost us pick 33. Unfortunately injuries have hindered him in recent years.

The tides will turn for us at the end of 2024 once our core group of youngsters play 50 games. Patience is required.

If Wingard was clarkos worst decision, we may be lucky he left, but we are still lucky we had him.

From the start, Clarko insisting on KPP in 2004. Stuart dew and Cyril. The list goes on and son…if we are attributing list decisions solely to Clarko

kuotzfp01nf91.png

Saw this today ().

Median age and games played of every matchday squad of the year.

Adelaide by far the least experienced (averaging a massive 15 less games than the second least experienced Hawthorn side). Makes their season all the more impressive.

Hawthorn and North at very similar stages (North slightly younger but Hawthorn with slightly less experience) of their rebuild but a massive discrepancy in the results.

Eagles look like they are in big trouble.

If Wingard was clarkos worst decision, we may be lucky he left, but we are still lucky we had him.

From the start, Clarko insisting on KPP in 2004. Stuart dew and Cyril. The list goes on and son…if we are attributing list decisions solely to Clarko

When winning flags he made the right choices on bringing in people, but the very second we stopped winning flags everything he did was wrong. He should never have tried to go for a 4th in a row, and he should never have kept on trying with the squad he had built. He should have just traded Breust to GWS and forced everyone over 30 to retire or go elsewhere. Even though when he did this with Lewis and Mitchell he was attacked by many for throwing away club champions.

When winning flags he made the right choices on bringing in people, but the very second we stopped winning flags everything he did was wrong. He should never have tried to go for a 4th in a row, and he should never have kept on trying with the squad he had built. He should have just traded Breust to GWS and forced everyone over 30 to retire or go elsewhere. Even though when he did this with Lewis and Mitchell he was attacked by many for throwing away club champions.
Going for 4 in a row was fine. If Roughead didn't get cancer i still think we do it

kuotzfp01nf91.png

Saw this today ().

Adelaide by far the least experienced (averaging a massive 15 less games than the second least experienced Hawthorn side). Makes their season all the more impressive.

Hawthorn and North at very similar stages (North slightly younger but Hawthorn with slightly less experience) of their rebuild but a massive discrepancy in the results.

I used to think this way, but the other way of looking at it is that the Eagles have a larger group of older, experienced players to move on - but they aren't actually going to lose much performance on field compared to 2022. They can replace their group of 28+ with draftees who you would expect can offer similar performance next year.

Richmond have an old group that are still performing effectively, so they will likely see a bigger drop if they replace them with draftees next year.

Geelong is such a statistical outlier that it's difficult to make any judgements on their future other than crash'n'burn - but they've already passed the cliff, and are still levitating further up. As a Hawk I hope they're Wil.E.Coyote just before he looks down, but I have to admit significant jealousy that they managed what Hawthorn/Clarkson failed to do.

I used to think this way, but the other way of looking at it is that the Eagles have a larger group of older, experienced players to move on - but they aren't actually going to lose much performance on field compared to 2022. They can replace their group of 28+ with draftees who you would expect can offer similar performance next year.

Richmond have an old group that are still performing effectively, so they will likely see a bigger drop if they replace them with draftees next year.

Geelong is such a statistical outlier that it's difficult to make any judgements on their future other than crash'n'burn - but they've already passed the cliff, and are still levitating further up. As a Hawk I hope they're Wil.E.Coyote just before he looks down, but I have to admit significant jealousy that they managed what Hawthorn/Clarkson failed to do.

Hawthorn/Clarkson plan was built on the contingency that we could land our free agency/trade targets. We missed our two key targets in Coniglio and Whitfield in their prime whilst Geelong actually hit their targets in Dangerfield and Cameron.

Getting prime AA position players with some good mileage left goes a very long way in transforming a side. Geelong have also had some good drafting especially with late picks (something we share in common with Geelong) but I think that was the difference.

We fell off the cliff and with the cyclical nature of footy it's bound to happen to Geelong at somepoint, unless they can extend their period with another bout of trading success.

kuotzfp01nf91.png

Saw this today ().

Eaglea might not be, seeing how similar they are to Collingwood.

They'd have to shred Simpson though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eaglea might not be, seeing how similar they are to Collingwood.

They'd have to shred Simpson though.

Good point. They still have a decent core in that 25-29 year old bracket similar to the Pies. Multiple AA/squad level players there who have had a down season.

Might shoot back up the ladder if they can secure some high impact draftees like the Pies.

kuotzfp01nf91.png

Saw this today ().

Looking at that you have to tip your lid to Freo, only marginally ahead of us on age and games.

Sydney and their academy just make me go all Terry Wallet and want to spew.

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking at that you have to tip your lid to Freo, only marginally ahead of us on age and games.

Sydney and their academy just make me go all Terry Wallet and want to spew.

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo this year gives me Hawthorn 2007 vibes. Probably not quite ready yet but building something special.

Freo this year gives me Hawthorn 2007 vibes. Probably not quite ready yet but building something special.
Forward line is a worry, Lobb is their best tall and he is likely to leave. Getting Jackson doesn't help them there and likely costs them the ablity to get a good tall forward in

Going for 4 in a row was fine. If Roughead didn't get cancer i still think we do it
play that finals series 10 times over and I think GWS win it 7 times they were the best team that year.

It'll be interesting to see how we go next year with a centre bounce of Simpkin, LDU and Cunnington. That's a pretty good starting midfield trio IMO especially having Simpkin as the third man in there. Scott's move to the wing seems to be going good (probably needs to find a good partner there though)

Cameron Zurhaar leaving would be a huge blow. We simply wouldn't get compensation of what we value him.

Still have Phillips to come back from glandular fever however he's probably going to be a very slow burn because his already sub-par fitness would have been hampered.

With our abundance of centre bounce mids. I wouldn't be opposed to play Simpkin as a half-forward. Sort of in the Walsh role and then we could push Powell/Phillips/JHF to get more midfield time.

I think Hawthorn and Adelaide still have better lists because they have less holes. Adelaide just kind of needs some classy mids and they'll really shoot up the ladder IMO. Hawthorn will soon have a starting midfield of Newcombe, Ward and probably their first round pick this year. That should be quality.

It'll be interesting to see how we go next year with a centre bounce of Simpkin, LDU and Cunnington. That's a pretty good starting midfield trio IMO especially having Simpkin as the third man in there. Scott's move to the wing seems to be going good (probably needs to find a good partner there though)

Cameron Zurhaar leaving would be a huge blow. We simply wouldn't get compensation of what we value him.

Still have Phillips to come back from glandular fever however he's probably going to be a very slow burn because his already sub-par fitness would have been hampered.

With our abundance of centre bounce mids. I wouldn't be opposed to play Simpkin as a half-forward. Sort of in the Walsh role and then we could push Powell/Phillips/JHF to get more midfield time.

I think Hawthorn and Adelaide still have better lists because they have less holes. Adelaide just kind of needs some classy mids and they'll really shoot up the ladder IMO. Hawthorn will soon have a starting midfield of Newcombe, Ward and probably their first round pick this year. That should be quality.
Adelaide lack in other areas, small fwds for example are a big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back