Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Geelong are 1st and we beat them at the MCG with no ruck after quarter time. We've been right in games against Melbourne, Freo, Carlton and Collingwood as well and even had Sydney's measure for 3 quarters. Pretty piss poor argument on your behalf.
The Accurate One :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

What a joke

Norf deflection at its finest, "You won games but they don't matter"

My humble opinion is we've played this internally well with our list cuts etc.

The Hawks have won six more games than us, so well done you've beaten the..

* 18th placed side
*12th
*5th ( Tassie ?)
*15th
*11th
*17th
*18th
*11th

That is Brad Scott 101. I'd rather bottom out than finish like we did for ten years, beating ordinary sides for the majority of the time.

I am not suggesting you won't come good and you had a wonderful period over the last, well forever. I hate you but I do respect you.

My point was, glass houses and all.

Hawthorns record against the top 8 is (2-6 90%)

1. Geelong W - 12
2. Collingwood L - 4
3. Melbourne L - 10
4. Sydney L - 41 ~ Did lead in the final quarter
5. Brisbane W - 5
6. Fremantle L - 12
7. Carlton L - 1
8 . Richmond L - 23

Hawthorn have been in position to win every single game, so you can claim youd rather lose but I rather been competitive than celebrating another Pick 1.

Hawthorns record against the top 8 is (2-6 90%)

1. Geelong W - 12
2. Collingwood L - 4
3. Melbourne L - 10
4. Sydney L - 41 ~ Did lead in the final quarter
5. Brisbane W - 5
6. Fremantle L - 12
7. Carlton L - 1
8 . Richmond L - 23

Hawthorn have been in position to win every single game, so you can claim youd rather lose but I rather been competitive than celebrating another Pick 1.
I understand that and yes fair enough. I saw North do that for ten years with an average finishing spot of ninth.

So I am more than content with our current position, I expect us to improve next season. The Hawks have been fantastic for many years, I'd love it if we were a 3rd as successful.

I understand that and yes fair enough. I saw North do that for ten years with an average finishing spot of ninth.

So I am more than content with our current position, I expect us to improve next season. The Hawks have been fantastic for many years, I'd love it if we were a 3rd as successful.
Because you weren’t a young team that wasn’t going to improve a lot, you were middling, genuinely, unlike us. The third youngest team barely older than you and Adelaide.

Should have taken the draft pick offer from Adelaide last year I suspect.
Will be interesting to see how they play it if they do think he’ll leave, and there certainly seems to be a lot of smoke.

Trade him now and get max value under contract, or give the new coach a chance to convince him to stay?

You clearly can’t think rationally. Maybe it’s because you’re coming from a place of bias. Cameron was your player, whilst Rankine is the player you’re hoping to acquire. I personally think you got overs for Cameron at the time (I know many Crow supporters feel this sentiment, no surprises with Noble) however it worked out to be a good trade for both parties because Cameron has really come on.

Rankine has very special attributes. Attributes that could put him into the top 5-10 players in the game. Cameron did not. Rankine was also pick 2 a couple years ago with multiple years of development into him, which factors in (regardless of whether you want to believe that). There were multiple deals last year that were similar in that players went for similar picks that they were drafted for - Cerra, CCJ as examples.

Yet, you can’t understand how Rankine isn’t worth pick 4… Lol

Geez you're full of it. He was spot on with his comparison between the two, very similar stages and achievements - not a lot yet, but potential. You underrated Cameron, and are over-rating Rankine, just to argue a point. You're going on potential and draft pick order. Jimmy Toumpas went at the same pick as Rankine....pick 3.....if you're using draft order as an indicator of how good a player is. Most of us will accept that Rankine is traded for our first. Time to move on....

I’ll chime in and say I do believe you’d be overpaying both in contract money and draft currency. But that’s what it takes to get him. Really that simple. In comparison to Cameron he’s always been best 22 at Gold Coast and has been very good this year with a clear elite ceiling.

Bingo. Exactly.

Will be interesting to see how they play it if they do think he’ll leave, and there certainly seems to be a lot of smoke.

Trade him now and get max value under contract, or give the new coach a chance to convince him to stay?
They wont get what Adelaide offer last year so they might as well try and keep him with a new coach, Pick 4+4 they will only get half that now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d say Port are probably just as much chance, but either way they’ll get more this year then next year.

They may be. From memory when Fabian Francis left Port he then nominated for the draft, there wasn't much love for them then, doesn't look like any family connection there would give port any more leverage than us. Especially given how our exciting young list is starting to look, and the amount of coin we've got in our salary cap (even if Rankine comes for 800). Would take at least a future first, and possibly something else, if it's this year.

Why’s that? He’s contracted

When you boys dropped Ward did that mean he’s gone?
You’ve dropped a bloke who’s had one chance to play in SA all year, which he won’t play in. He is from Adelaide and is likely to want to go there (subjective) and you’re dropping him and you’re the worst team in the league.

Ward in comparison was dropped once and has been one of our best for the last month of the season, he’s from Victoria and doesn’t have a place to be homesick for and is a Hawks fan. You get it?

You really think the situations are the same? First year player gets his only chance for the season to play in front of his family in his home state, and he's dropped. That's a massive message to send to a kid. Look, maybe he's sore, and needs the rest, but seems like a massive coincidence. As you say, club still has time (what is it, a year?) to convince him to stay, but this hardly seems like the way to encourage that.

Not even close to comparable, What a weird comparison

Dropped for his first game home in Adelaide, chance to play in front of family and friends

What a way to endear yourself to a player already struggling with homesickness

And don't talk about selection integrity

When Stephenson is playing

So North rejected a very attractive pick swap offer but we were constantly reminded over summer from some that JHF was a once in a generational player, played against men, shown clips of things that footballers should be doing anyway, he’s the saviour, etc. Then reality hits, dropped this week, has shown a poor attitude on occasions throughout the year, rumours of wanting to go back home ………… typical Norf!

Because you weren’t a young team that wasn’t going to improve a lot, you were middling, genuinely, unlike us. The third youngest team barely older than you and Adelaide.
Far point and lucky we decided it is time to do something about that, hence the massive list changes.
So North rejected a very attractive pick swap offer but we were constantly reminded over summer from some that JHF was a once in a generational player, played against men, shown clips of things that footballers should be doing anyway, he’s the saviour, etc. Then reality hits, dropped this week, has shown a poor attitude on occasions throughout the year, rumours of wanting to go back home ………… typical Norf!
LOL are you ok? Or are you five years old, so I then kind of get it. FMD!
( shakes head)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back