Analysis Which team out of Essendon, Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the best youth?

• Essendon

• Adelaide

• Hawthorn

• North

Results are only viewable after voting.
If Essendon can't make the original thread, obviously not them.

If Hawthorn are going the tank, obviously not them as they need more.

And if North are the worst team in the league, it can't be them.

Therefore, Adelaide

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Right now? Adelaide.
Never know who North gets with 2 & 3 which could possibly change everything

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Adelaide with the best young forwards but rest is pretty empty.

Essendon have the best young midfield crop of the lot but otherwise not much.

North TBC after this years draft.

Hawks not much to see.

So in short, Essendon and Adelaide can’t really be split.
Hawks have clearly got the best backline here.

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jeka probably goes back forward again.

Big Blanck fan, DGB, Day, CJ, Scrimshaw all 23 and under.

Hardwick is only about 25, Sicily is only 27 and still has heaps of footy left, and as captain.

Our backline is the best part of our team by a long way, which shows how far away we are…

Blanck - has only played a handful of games and whilst shown potential has a long way to go. Tom lynch gave him an absolute hiding late in the season. Those are the players he will be playing on. He’s going to cop the likes of McKay/curnow, Daniher/hipwood, Hawkins, Lynch..next year is going to be a massive learning curve.

DGB- only two seasons in, but is miles off justifying why he was drafted at pick 6. Was dropped numerous times last season. Is not a lock for best 22, which is a worry. Needs a huge season this year.

Day- last season was a disaster. Injured too often and suspended. Has had no continuity the past two seasons. Like dgb, needs to have a huge season this year. Potential to be a star, but potential is a dangerous word.

CJ- see Day. Injured too often and suspended. No continuity. Regressed last season from 2021.

Hardwick- star. Still underrated by those outside the club.

Scrimshaw- consistent last season. Reckon he could be a decent forward. Still needs to work on his defensive game.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jeka probably goes back forward again.

Big Blanck fan, DGB, Day, CJ, Scrimshaw all 23 and under.

Hardwick is only about 25, Sicily is only 27 and still has heaps of footy left, and as captain.
Scrimshaw is 24 and will be 25 in 2023. Jiath is 23 and will be 24 in 2023.
The jury is out on DGB and Blanck. DGB seems lost and lacks composure. SHould try him forward.
Day could be good but seems to have issues with injury.
Hardwick underrated.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Scrimshaw is 24 and will be 25 in 2023. Jiath is 23 and will be 24 in 2023.
The jury is out on DGB and Blanck. DGB seems lost and lacks composure. SHould try him forward.
Day could be good but seems to have issues with injury.
Hardwick underrated.
Didn't know exact ages for Scrim/Jiath, knew they were backend of that, 23-24, my bad!

DGB has heaps of talent just needs to work hard as key pos do, has been in the gym for a fair bit of the pre season already, good to see.

Blanck showed alot in his first year.

Day yeah, probably one of our most talented, but needs to be more steady and get his injuries sorted, tho alot of unlucky injuries.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Our backline is the best part of our team by a long way, which shows how far away we are…

Blanck - has only played a handful of games and whilst shown potential has a long way to go. Tom lynch gave him an absolute hiding late in the season. Those are the players he will be playing on. He’s going to cop the likes of McKay/curnow, Daniher/hipwood, Hawkins, Lynch..next year is going to be a massive learning curve.

DGB- only two seasons in, but is miles off justifying why he was drafted at pick 6. Was dropped numerous times last season. Is not a lock for best 22, which is a worry. Needs a huge season this year.

Day- last season was a disaster. Injured too often and suspended. Has had no continuity the past two seasons. Like dgb, needs to have a huge season this year. Potential to be a star, but potential is a dangerous word.

CJ- see Day. Injured too often and suspended. No continuity. Regressed last season from 2021.

Hardwick- star. Still underrated by those outside the club.

Scrimshaw- consistent last season. Reckon he could be a decent forward. Still needs to work on his defensive game.
Blanck wasn't on Tom Lynch that much, i think for a little, but Lynch kicked 4-5 on DGB who was just too aggressive, and suits more to CHB.

Blanck i am a fan of purely because, he's quick and got really good closing speed, his spoils clear the area, he's pretty good one on one aswell and will only get stronger, a tough first year, a very composed player.

Yeah, but DGB is less on talent and more on application and getting in the gym, getting a run at it, he's a KPP they take time.

Agree, but he has had a lot of freak injuries which has been super unlucky, he's probably one of the more talented on our list.

CJ's best in 2022 was really good, see R1. But again injuries.

Yep, it's surprising really.

Scrimshaw is the one for me, he is underrated as hell, he's got an elite kick and great above his head and good below his knees, he's a composed player and can play HB, but i can see him on a wing, taller mid or playing as a forward, he's got good scope, he's not too old yet.

I will also mention Josh Morris, i'm a fan and he made Hardwick better when he played, just needs continuity, got concussed after starting really well in a game against Adelaide?

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fogarty surprised me this year. I thought he was going nowhere fast and very underwhelming.

Breakout this year and looks excellent.
Crows could have an incredible forward line in the next couple of years.

TheBigHorne

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2022
Don't ask me about my username
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles, 76ers, Phillies
Voted Adelaide in the original thread and see no reason to change this.
How long before it becomes a shitfight and between which 2 clubs will it be? I think Hawks North shitfight will stay on the original thread
My money is North vs Essendon.
Early on I asked why the Crows weren't rated as highly as others thought.

I answered with the Crows as well, surprised to see Essendon's rated a lot more than them

Voted Adelaide in the original thread and see no reason to change this.
How long before it becomes a shitfight and between which 2 clubs will it be? I think Hawks North shitfight will stay on the original thread
My money is North vs Essendon.
No shitfight with Essendon needed

We already gave it to them when they stupidly delisted a contracted coach in hopes for getting clarko

Only to end up with our sloppy seconds

Back