Which Tiger from the 90s-00s would you slot into todays line up if you could? (No Richo!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Mitchell played from the late 80s to early 90s. He was a magnificent footballer. He would have been a dead set starting 18 player in our current team and a dead set superstar. Would get games in front of rioli, castagna and bolton easy.

Daffy, Gaspar, Knights, Ottens, J Bowden, Broderick, Turner, Johnson and Richo, go * yourself.

Biddiscombe, Sziller, Chaffey, for a bit of VFL depth.

Cousins would be good. WC Cousins but that's cheating.

The game has changed a lot. The list of players we loved in the 90s is not the same as the list of players who'd slot into our side now.

I reckon Mark merenda would have been pretty good in our current team.

Shutdown Turner could possibly take Astburys spot.

Greg Stafford might have got a game in the ruck. Otters was a better player but Stafford knew how to hurt the opposition physically.

Joel Bowden would have dominated, he'd play the same role as Vlastuin.

A lot of my favourites would miss out unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Campbell was a brownlow favourite 1 year wasn't he... bench option?
Too many dinky up and under kicks from cambo. I don't think that would be tolerated in today's game plan. I mean the guys got 4 bnfs so it's not like he was a dud but maybe he'd find a different position to play.

Lambert was a very handy player - def worthy of being in the discussion

We had a decent midfield with Knights, Lambert and Nichols around the same time as Campbell. Although I rate Knights as easily our best from this period, Lambert's ability to extract the ball and hit a target by hand was a stand out. We all love the way Sheds finds ways to hanball to player's advantage, but Lambert was as good or better. I was surprised no one mentioned him. He would slot straight into our current side at the expense of possibly Graham, who has a similar inside role. Lambert's downside was that he was not the best of kicks, but he didn't need to be.

None of them, all were failures. There's no way those selfish players would take on our team focus mantra that Dimma & Cotchin have installed.

:D :richmond: :hearts:

Matty Knights, Wayne Campbell & Nathan Brown would be my 3

I was always a fan of Jamie Tape and how he went about his footy, he’d go alright.

Matty Knights would probably take the cake for me to fit in and tear games apart.
Tape's tackle on Calthorpe in that '95 Final will always be a highlight for me! Very good player.
Him and Rogers, two quality SA boys that made an immediate impact for us!

Michael Mitchell played from the late 80s to early 90s. He was a magnificent footballer. He would have been a dead set starting 18 player in our current team and a dead set superstar. Would get games in front of rioli, castagna and bolton easy.

Absolutely agree. Was going to mention MM but saw your post. He was an absolute jet ... small, but geez, imagine the highlight reel if he was playing in our current team ... anyone remember that goal against Syd at the SCG when he basically ran from half back to about 3pm out evading players, before slotting the goal? Think he had a fair collection of hangers as well iirc. Also, iirc, isnt he the bloke that took a mark in the wafl (no footage) that whoever saw it says it was the best of all time?

Absolutely agree. Was going to mention MM but saw your post. He was an absolute jet ... small, but geez, imagine the highlight reel if he was playing in our current team ... anyone remember that goal against Syd at the SCG when he basically ran from half back to about 3pm out evading players, before slotting the goal? Think he had a fair collection of hangers as well iirc. Also, iirc, isnt he the bloke that took a mark in the wafl (no footage) that whoever saw it says it was the best of all time?

That mark that he took in the WAFL was shown on the Front Bar this season!

My favourite player as a kid was Daffy.
No doubt he could slot into a forward pocket/HFF
Gaspar would be the best fit though imo with Campbell or Chaffy taking some pressure off Cotchin

talent wise Nathan Brown 05 would be elite

Greg Stafford would be a pretty mean number 1 ruck. N Brown pre leg break would be magic on the HFF delivering to the tall forwards.

Reckon J Bowden would be a hell of an upgrade as the rebounding Jayden Short role, and I would comfortably plug Deledio in on one of the wings and as a versatile utility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back