FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sylvester Stallone is set to star in his own reality TV series titled The Family Stallone. Surely he should have called it Sly and the Family Stallone. Surely!
An opportunity missed methinks.
Maybe they realised that not many people would get the reference because they would have to be either (a) old enough, or (b) have excellent musical knowledge and/or taste.

Maybe they realised that not many people would get the reference because they would have to be either (a) old enough, or (b) have excellent musical knowledge and/or taste.
And I'm probably one of those. Had/have no idea about the reference

There's a spin-off called Justified: Primeval which is in the works I believe. Timothy Olyphant returns as Raylan but I think it's set in Miami and Detroit so not sure if any other cast members will make an appearance.

Hopefully we get to see Raylan visit Boyd just for the dialogue between the two.

Can’t see a thread for it, so have come back to this post.

July 18th

I see that awful Blow Up show on Ch7 with people making stuff out of balloons has already been banished from their main channel due to poor ratings.

That will teach them for trying to rip off Lego Masters which is a much better show in every way, Hamish and Brickman must be laughing their heads off.

Anyway I've been watching The Summit on Ch9 which isn't that great either but at least it's an original concept and there's some nice scenery to look at.

I see that awful Blow Up show on Ch7 with people making stuff out of balloons has already been banished from their main channel due to poor ratings.

That will teach them for trying to rip off Lego Masters which is a much better show in every way, Hamish and Brickman must be laughing their heads off.

Anyway I've been watching The Summit on Ch9 which isn't that great either but at least it's an original concept and there's some nice scenery to look at.
I cant believe there are people paid lots of money to come up with shows like the balloon one.

The Summit can't possibly be anything other than a paid cast simulating reality. You're right though, the locations are stunning.

Between Blow Up and The 1% Club it seems evident that sevens whole strategy is just FOOOOOTY.
Look, I can understand trying new game shows, particularly ones based on successful international shows (mind you, The 1% Club in the UK had Lee Mack hosting, which is a step up on Jim Jeffries). But I couldn't tell you what they were thinking with Blow Up. I assume they thought it would be like Lego Masters but a) Lego is an iconic product that balloons simply are not, and b) people can do Lego at home... no one is going to watch Blow Up and start making balloon animals at home. Whichever execs greenlit the show should be sacked because its failure was foreseeable by absolutely everyone.

Look, I can understand trying new game shows, particularly ones based on successful international shows (mind you, The 1% Club in the UK had Lee Mack hosting, which is a step up on Jim Jeffries). But I couldn't tell you what they were thinking with Blow Up. I assume they thought it would be like Lego Masters but a) Lego is an iconic product that balloons simply are not, and b) people can do Lego at home... no one is going to watch Blow Up and start making balloon animals at home. Whichever execs greenlit the show should be sacked because its failure was foreseeable by absolutely everyone.
I think it was aiming to be "Making It" but for balloon animals - problem being that "Making It" is hosted by well known people (Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman) and balloon animals is far too small a niche

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure prime time midweek was ever a smart move for a gameshow. Has that worked in the last 20 years?

Have You Been Paying Attention? has carved out a niche on Monday nights, but reckon most people under 50 would struggle to tell you what timeslots shows are on on mainstream TV.
Not sure id classify that as a "gameshow" its more light entertainment like 8 out of 10 cats does countdown.

Thats actually the perfect comparison.

8 out of 10 cats does countdown is an 8.00pm show. Countdown is a 3-5pm show. 1% club is more like latter with a host from the former.

Anyway, ive spent too much time thinking about this.

Have You Been Paying Attention? has carved out a niche on Monday nights, but reckon most people under 50 would struggle to tell you what timeslots shows are on on mainstream TV.
FTA TV is never constantly half hour, or hour long time slots. Shows are always starting at 8:35 or 8:45.
It's these reality TV shows that can never keep to a consistent run time

Not sure id classify that as a "gameshow" its more light entertainment like 8 out of 10 cats does countdown.

Thats actually the perfect comparison.

8 out of 10 cats does countdown is an 8.00pm show. Countdown is a 3-5pm show. 1% club is more like latter with a host from the former.

Anyway, ive spent too much time thinking about this.
HYBPA and The Cheap Seats would feature in the "news comedy" category, alongside the recently finished Mock the Week.
8oo10c and it's Countdown variation would be light entertainment or comedy
And then something like The Chase, or Hotseat would be a gameshow

I mean that was pretty good but i dont know that it rated well did it?
Outside of News programs it's very consistently top 5.and the best of its time slot.

FTA TV is never constantly half hour, or hour long time slots. Shows are always starting at 8:35 or 8:45.
It's these reality TV shows that can never keep to a consistent run time
Over running of shows has killed FTA more than any program quality issue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back