FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a new series called Shooter. It's very similar to the 2007 movie with Mark Wahlberg and he is an exec producer for the show. A couple of episodes in and it's quite good.

I am going to watch Life of Brian or Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind just after 8-30 pm tonight on SBS channels. Not sure which one but well worth watching if you never seen. One is very very funny. The other very very different. Cricket I will browse between adds.

0b25d2bfb316c82fa3a55de2e02c7e23.jpg

Trollied, a British comedy set in a supermarket, sounds lame but get on it if you like a laugh, similar to The Office but in my opinion better.

Cruyff14 loves signatures how bizarre, how bizarre

I only watched Arrested Development for the first time about 6 months ago but am going around a second time now haha. I'm up to the 3rd season (my least favourite) - I found the 4th season to be quite good (which is seemingly unpopular).

I've just started Sons (just finished season 1). I have a 45 min train commute each day so I'm moving through it pretty quickly. Loved the 1st season!

Think I'll look at the Wire once I'm done with SoA.
Yeah SoA is pretty good.

Cruyff14 loves signatures how bizarre, how bizarre

Ascension

Cancelled after 1 season of 6 episodes. In 1963, the US Government secretly launched the generational ship Ascension on a 100-year journey to Proxima Centarui to find a new planet and ensure humanity's survival (Cold War fears blah blah). In the present day of 2014, the ship is 51 years into its mission and full of people who were born on the ship and, except the young adult characters, will die on the ship. One of the 600 passengers is murdered and this becomes a reason for characters to start digging around and see if the mission isn't quite what they think it is. Oh and the ship fell out of communications range of Earth decades ago so the Sexual Revolution and all that s**t never happened for these people.

The premise is absurd, not least of all because the ship is closer to a hotel than a Space Shuttle, but the plot twists and the 'people stuck 60s society' thing is entertaining enough if you ignore the absense of anything resembling hard science. It's also got more sex and scantily-clad women than a typical network/basic cable show so that didn't hurt either. I was suffiently entertained to be a little bumbed when it ended on a ZOMG! cliffhanger. Would've happily watched a second season.

C+.

GG.exe you'd probably like it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone checked out The Exorcist TV series? I'm intrigued but haven't watched any yet - the movie remains my all time favourite horror movie.

Just saw the premiere on Foxtelly... I liked it... More than Outcast, anyway.

Yea that was odd, and she knew he was getting married so why continue seeing him

And that ending was just weird.
I think it was more showing that Rory still had a relationship with Logan after so long. But it could have much easily have worked if he was in New York instead. And the fact that he was situated in London made the whole Life and Death Brigade scene very out of place.

I had read that the last four words were going to be big, but why add that if it was not going to continue. I did not get any satisfaction out of what she said.

Westworld
Walking Deads
Z Nation
Black Sails - stalled in season 3
Rewatching Black Books - taking my son to see Bill Bailey tonight actually.

What do you mean by stalled in reference to Black Sails? I've watched the first two seasons and loved it, please don't tell me it turns to s**t?

I think it was more showing that Rory still had a relationship with Logan after so long. But it could have much easily have worked if he was in New York instead. And the fact that he was situated in London made the whole Life and Death Brigade scene very out of place.

I had read that the last four words were going to be big, but why add that if it was not going to continue. I did not get any satisfaction out of what she said.

I didn't enjoy the life and death brigade, it was pointless considering Logan and Rory arent actually together. That story line didn't work

And, saying those 4 words at the wedding was just lame.
Paris and Jess were my favourite characters.

What do you mean by stalled in reference to Black Sails? I've watched the first two seasons and loved it, please don't tell me it turns to s**t?

I have stalled watching it. The machinations are bogging down a bit for mine, but it is still OK.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Westerworld

Adam ruins everything

Subconsciously switching the tv onto fox footy on the weekends and then watching it for about 15 mins until I remember the footy season is over and then watching it for another 30 mins cos I'm too lazy to change the channel.

About to move onto the Missing onces Westerworld ends.

I didn't enjoy the life and death brigade, it was pointless considering Logan and Rory arent actually together. That story line didn't work

And, saying those 4 words at the wedding was just lame.
Paris and Jess were my favourite characters.
I think the Life and Death Brigade scene was for token effect. Just to have it there because it was such a big part of Rory's time at Yale. But with that story line, it looked like that Rory realized that she could not see Logan again.

Was there a particular 4 words at the wedding? I was referring to the final four words. And why wasn't Jess invited to pre-wedding, when instead you had Lane and Michel in attendance.

Paris's Winter story line felt really forced. Having her in the fertility clinic just didn't work for me. Even the time when Rory and her went back to school seemed like a token scene.

Jess was dealt with a bit better, but I still don't understand why he'd stay in Stars Hollow with Luke. Doesn't he have other family or friends?

Dean scene was really cringe worthy, it was better just to not have him in there altogether.

And don't get me started on Sookie. Originally, McCarthy wasn't part of the cast (I don't know why), and then she was added at the least minute. Would have like to have seen her more, instead of the rotating chefs at the Dragonfly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back