FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Juggling some shows, certain to give some more away as they are not living up to expectations (looking at you Shooter)

Comedies
People of Earth S1
Brooklyn Nine-Nine S4
Superstore S2
Catastrophe S1
You're The Worst S1
The Good Place S1
Ash vs Evil Dead S2

Drama
The OA S1
Paranoid S1
Secrets and Lies S2
Scream Queens S2
Dirk Gently S1
Elementary S5
Shooter S1 - (on its last chance)
Bull S1 - (just gave it away)

Just finished the first season of Broadchurch. Those types of shows don't usually do it for me, everyone loves Fargo but I found the first season to be a bit boring, but Broadchurch was incredible. So human and well acted/written/directed.

Sneaky Pete
Not too bad I thought the pilot, could be going somewhere so will continue with optimism.

And Bryan Cranston is in it.

Just finished the first season of Broadchurch. Those types of shows don't usually do it for me, everyone loves Fargo but I found the first season to be a bit boring, but Broadchurch was incredible. So human and well acted/written/directed.

I've still not seen the film Fargo but I loved the first season.

The only reason I watched the first few episodes was my Office dedication and as such Martin Freeman kept me interested.

Once Lorne Malvo started to just dominate the show I was hooked though. One of the most malevolent characters in history IMO.

To be honest every time I start watching a new show I just end up binge watching Peep Show again. I go to sleep to it every night.

Game of Thrones 5

Just finished. Really didn't feel this one. All that High Sparrow, House of Bolton, Many-Faced God s**t. Had its moments. But at times felt like filler.

Hatch and Catch Fire 1

Finally got around to it! Only two eps in. But loving it. Then again, I love the early-PC era. So, yeah, this is mah s**t.

The Americans is next on the playlist...

Got to episode 8 I think of Van Helsing, and some seriously dumb s**t just happened so turned it off. Sometimes you just cannot overlook stupidity in a TV show.

Yep i was about the same episode when i switched off to. nearly turned it off at around ep 4 tbh. Wouldn't waste your time if anyone was thinking about watching this show

Yea, I still don't see the point of the High Sparrow.

I think one of the reasons for his storyline is because up until that point, every exhibition of power had been via violence or at the very least deception and the threat of violence. Even the merciful characters like Khaleesi and The Lord Commander kept their enemies in check through force.

Behind the Faith Militant was admittedly a threat of violence but they were largely indeed unless absolutely necessary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finshed Season 6 of Skins. Going to skins Season 7 over the weekend.

My thoughts:

Gen 1
It was okay. I got bored of the show during season 2, that I stopped watching it for a couple of months. The first two seasons were based around Tony too much, and he was a prick. More about that below. The characters weren't likeable and they left characters like Anwar and Maxxie to the side in favour of Tony and Michelle's relationship . One thing this gen had over the others was that the whole group was friends before the start of the show, whereas in Gen 2 and Gen 3, it out of convenience.

Worst character. Tony It was all about him. He had to be the centre of attention, and when he didn't receive the attention, he'd bitch and moan. And he would let the Michelle thing go. So what if she's now with Sid. Because he would antagonise the two until she finally gave in. He used way too much screen time.

Best character Chris He's carefree attitude to everything was awesome to watch. He'd do what he wanted, and there was joy in that.

Gen 2
This was my favourite. I may even go back and watch Seasons 3 and 4. The characters were much more likeable in this gen. and I did enjoy the storylines. An issue with this gen was the friendship between Cook, JJ and Freddie. It felt forced in Season 3 as the three of them were all had very different personalities. This season also had the repeated love triangle storyline.

Worst character Effy Tony 2.0 + mental problems. Need I explain more?

Best character Freddie Most self centred and assured from the group. And he'd always be there for the group when they were in need, as much as possible.

Gen 3
The story line here felt very generic. The teen pregnancy. The social outcast. Etc. What is it with one character dieing each gen? And the character seem to come straight from a US teen sex comedy.

Worst character Franky Social outcast to queen bitch in a matter of two years. There was too much development with the character.

Best character Rich I found the character really relatable (before he got together was Grace). And he had actual issues, even if the show fixed them too quickly.

Drama:
This is us

I'm 8 episodes in and so far, its very good. The story line is really starting to develop and give every character plenty of air time to grow and be explained their own personalities, difficulty and pleasantries.

The show revolves around a couple who have 3 children (all the same age but not biologically aligned to the parents). The show is set in real life time as the 3 kids are adults but also jumps back in time to explain different thoughts and memories from every characters perspective.

So far I'll give it a 8 out of 10 but hope the writers still have plenty of room to move and give more depth to the show.

Drama:
This is us

I'm 8 episodes in and so far, its very good. The story line is really starting to develop and give every character plenty of air time to grow and be explained their own personalities, difficulty and pleasantries.

The show revolves around a couple who have 3 children (all the same age but not biologically aligned to the parents). The show is set in real life time as the 3 kids are adults but also jumps back in time to explain different thoughts and memories from every characters perspective.

So far I'll give it a 8 out of 10 but hope the writers still have plenty of room to move and give more depth to the show.
Tipped to be the next Brothers & Sisters / Parenthood.

Working my way through the US version of Shameless at the moment.

I love it when I discover an awesome show late and have a huge backload of seasons to binge through!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back