FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the first 4 eps of Genius. It's a Ron Howard show about Einstein, played by Geoffrey Rush. Not bad. I wouldn't say it's compelling viewing but I am keen to see it out having come this far. The dodgy accents though are a bit cringey, particularly the young Einstein and his Serbian mrs.

Comedians in Cars with Seinfeld.

All on Netflix now.

Delightful, easy viewing.

Love this show.

Feels exactly like going for a coffee with a mate, just shooting the s**t.

Veep Season 6 2017.

I am lolding.

Veep. Best terms of abuse used by characters on any show ever. :p

Sample:

"Imagine something small has crawled up a dead cow's ass, and that small thing actually dies itself. If that dead thing then farted out a sack of eggs but each individual egg is a smaller, rotting dead thing…that's how toxic she is."-Jonah, on Selina's approval ratings (Season One, Episode Eight: "Tears")

#swearingenvy

Last edited:
Veep. Best terms of abuse used by characters on any show ever. :p

Sample:

"Imagine something small has crawled up a dead cow's ass, and that small thing actually dies itself. If that dead thing then farted out a sack of eggs but each individual egg is a smaller, rotting dead thing…that's how toxic she is."-Jonah, on Selina's approval ratings (Season One, Episode Eight: "Tears")

#swearingenvy

...it is still continuing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1513212434271_Screen-Shot-2017-12-14-at-10.26.04-AM.png

Halfway through Designated Survivor and really enjoying it. Have loved Kiefer since seeing The Lost Boys at the cinema.
Just realised that the guy who played the Vice President was in The Code, an ABC series from a few years back. He was brilliant in that and I recommend it highly if you haven't seen the 2 series of that.

Lovesick...all up on Netflix.

Going through the 3rd season, after starting the series last year. It's a good one. The cast is pretty bang-on and and a pretty on point soundtrack. Good mixture of comedy, and appropriate melodrama. Gets a lot right when shifting through the dynamics of past relationships. Here's hoping I don't get chlamydia though.

Finished Mosaic.

It's going to be a long year because, even though it's a a short series (definitely one of the rare shows that I'd count as a film more than a show), it's going to make every other show this year look amateurish in contrast. Soderbergh's mastery of the form is unparalleled as far direction in TV goes (directing TV for him is like if Buddy switched it up and decided to play women's footy for a bit, just unfair to everyone else). It's a very simple murder mystery, and you can feel the video game design behind it because it plays out a lot like a Telltale video game. It's probably too linear and not nearly experimental for its own good but it is perfectly cast and directed and just a joy to watch.

I pray limited series like this are the future of TV too. Long form storytelling is starting to feel real tired and worn. I could watch 20 Mosaics a year, everything else is feeling like too much now. I just started season 2 of The Crown and I don't know that this needs to be ten hours long (neither did season 1, as good as it was).

Also watching a lot of Portlandia. I think it peaked really early but it still provides laughs here and there.

Just started Manhunt Unabomber. Impressed so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back