FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished De Dag (The Day) and currently watching Fauda on Netflix. Not sure I'll find too many better shows than these at the moment. Great stuff around these days you just need to know where to look. Internet can be a great thing for finding new shows!

If you like quality European TV shows try La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) from Spain.

Just finished the final season of Bates Motel. What a series.

Finished watching the last season of Adventure Time. What a fitting end to one of the best cartoons of all time. Finale was pretty much perfect, one of the best endings to a series ever. Still, it sucks that Adventure Time was cancelled as it's clear that they hadn't run out of new ideas or plotlines.

This show deserves every superlative that comes it way. Not sure if any over show can provide the range of emotions that Adventure Time did. It's been a constant part of my life for so long that it feels like the last part of childhood is over. It's hard to put into words what makes A.T. so special, I think it's the emotional intelligence of the show, it's such a fantastical show yet so real emotionally. There's a dark undercurrent at all times but it's so innocent and completely free of cynicism. Hopefully there's a spinoff series or a movie in the future, but if that's it for Adventure Time at least it finished on top and got a proper finale.

Nothing. Got to end of season one of Counterpart and now no series really comes to mind I'm wanting to watch.
Maybe I should track down The Fall I watched some part of on ABC or SBS.
Still got football finals series and some docos like Who Do You Think You Are? I will watch this week.

Did anybody watch the Bancroft miniseries across the last two Mondays? There has been a second series commissioned and I was wondering whether anyone knows if Australia will see the second series some time this year. According to imdb there is one episode of series 2 so far. Not sure whether this means only one episode has been filmed or whether it means one episode has screened in the UK.

I've been binging the first 4 episodes of this over the last couple of nights.

Its a 6 episode mini-series about a formersoldier with PTSD turned protective services police officer who is assigned as the bodyguard for the Home Secretary, a woman who seems to be intent on forcing through draconian surveillance laws to fight terrorism that are counter to his own beliefs.

This way this show creates and handles tense scenes is masterful

My take on Bodyguard was: set-piece action sequences very well done, agreed. The rest, a bit of an implausible and cliche-ridden mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The recycling sounds a bit like Animal Kingdom (haven't seen the movie yet) kinda paint by numbers with similar shows like Sons of Anarchy but was still an ok watch.

Seeing as American shows insist on baddies getting their comeuppance by the end, expecting the latter seasons to get pretty tiring as they all die or go to jail.

Mystery Road just started on the BBC, watching it now. I saw a few positive comments upthread; will watch with interest.

Secret Affair (Korean drama on Netflix)
Fauda (season 2 on Netflix)
Just also finished Babylon Berlin Season 2. Hook line and sinker for these sort of shows. Reminiscent of Boardwalk Empire. Very good. Netflix paying off!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back