FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I binged What We Do In The Shadows Season 1 in one night last night.

Great comedy. Very funny and well made. Taika Watiti does this one.

Highly recommend :thumbsu:
I keep seeing this advertised on Foxtel, it's on my to watch list, it looks very funny

The flashbacks in season 5 of Boardwalk Empire were fine themselves (the younger actors were actually bang on) but it felt completely out of place given that there hadn't been any flashbacks used until that point

Reeked of them just having to flesh out the story a bit in order to wrap it up and that was the way they came up with.

If that backstory had been teased out more in the preceding seasons it wouldn't have felt so forced.

Probably saved thousands getting Silent Alarm to play Nucky for a couple days. Really not a fan of flashbacks being introduced at the end of a long running TV series. It probably can work but often comes off as backtracking for poetry-it-rhymes sake. Battlestar Galactica did it and it sucked. When I've liked a show enough to keep watching for years I'm invested in what's happening now not something put in there to mention in the IndieWire interview.

I watched Power episode 1 last night. It was okay. The nightclub stuff interests me more than the drug cartel side of it.

Does it get better/is it worth watching? I've heard pretty good things.

Just finished this. Liked it overall confusing at times. Didnt like the ending though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I liked the ending. When you read that it’s really based on a true story and how Segel has been feeling in his life it adds a lot more to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I liked the ending. When you read that it’s really based on a true story and how Segel has been feeling in his life it adds a lot more to it.
Knew it was based on a documentary. Havent heard about a book though might have to have a look

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I watched Power episode 1 last night. It was okay. The nightclub stuff interests me more than the drug cartel side of it.

Does it get better/is it worth watching? I've heard pretty good things.

Very much worth watching

I just finished watching Power Season 1.

Really like the nightclub stuff, marriage issues, affair with Angie, personal life, issues with Tommy as his friend. That stuff is all on point and really solid viewing.

Don't like the drug deal/gang related stuff. They crammed a bunch of characters with names I can't remember. I wish the show either made this aspect better, or didn't have it at all.

Will be continuing into Season 2 tonight.

watched the first episode of the Perry Mason prequel thingy. it was bad.
might give it one more episode to pick up cause i've got nothing else to watch right now.

also, Shea Whigam is everywhere.

i have that on the planner, looked like it would be good

I'm watching Killing Eve on Stan and am really enjoying it. The assassin is so fun and unpredictable to watch.
Apparently after working with her in the below scene and show Stephen Graham was so impressed he pushed her to agents and helped kickstart her career.

She was great in this show called Thirteen as well. Very Talented.

The OC (Stan) - Haven't seen it properly since it was popular in the high school days of the 00s! Still holds up and the music selections were truly great.

Dark Season 3 (Netflix)

How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) on Netflix
- Didn't expect much from this but pretty funny and engaging show imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back