GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
This is not usually my thing but i am really enjoying Blown Away on Netflix, Yes its a reality show but i am fascinated by glass blowing, and the things they can create in a few hours is amazing
Cheers. Have been smashing some heavier shows and saw your recommendation.

I think Kryal Castle was the first time I saw glass blowing and have always loved the art of it

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yeah I’ve just started Superstore as well. 10 eps in. It’s quirky, that’s for sure. I think there’s enough there to stick with it...

Sketi

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2011
depreston
AFL Club
Sydney
Can it be the poor man's version of something if it came first?
In this case I reckon it can be. It's literally the same show in which the creators said they learned from their previous mistakes and found ways to improve it (eg don't make it documentary style, make the occupation of the workplace more exciting, make the characters good at their jobs).

Sketi

Club Legend
Jun 24, 2011
depreston
AFL Club
Sydney
Watching both shows you notice they rehash lots of story lines/episode ideas in B99. Also lots of character parallels, most of which are improved / funnier in B99 IMO.

For me they are:

Jake - Leslie (A huge factor for whether people like or dislike B99 seem to hinge on their feelings towards Andy Samberg, I personally like him)
Captain Holt - Ron (both the dry delivery senior figures, I love Ron but Holt edges him for me)
Amy - Ben (both the nerdy significant others of the main protagonist).
Boyle - Tom
Rosa - April (Obvious character parallel and for me the only clear win to Parks and Rec, April way funnier).
Hitchcock and Scully - Jerry

I have more, but the links start getting more tenuous :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Watching both shows you notice they rehash lots of story lines/episode ideas in B99. Also lots of character parallels, most of which are improved / funnier in B99 IMO.

For me they are:

Jake - Leslie (A huge factor for whether people like or dislike B99 seem to hinge on their feelings towards Andy Samberg, I personally like him)
Captain Holt - Ron (both the dry delivery senior figures, I love Ron but Holt edges him for me)
Amy - Ben (both the nerdy significant others of the main protagonist).
Boyle - Tom
Rosa - April (Obvious character parallel and for me the only clear win to Parks and Rec, April way funnier).
Hitchcock and Scully - Jerry

I have more, but the links start getting more tenuous :p
Tom and Boyle are nothing alike, and Tom is a significantly better character

rumply

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, 76ers.
A few episodes into The Undoing (on Binge), very good so far & that first episode, almost fell out of my chair during one particular scene, think my heart rate is almost back to normal;).

Red mist

Reynholm Industries
Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Loved that show. Unique take on the end of humankind shows

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Did you see it out? I got to the bit where he couldn’t put water in the toilet cistern anymore so cut a poohole in the diving board and decided to make it the poo pool. LoLol

jabba5114

Club Legend
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did you see it out? I got to the bit where he couldn’t put water in the toilet cistern anymore so cut a poohole in the diving board and decided to make it the poo pool. LoLol
Yeah watched to the end. Loved it was upset when it got cancelled

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad