FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am in the same boat

Watched the Pilot twice in 4 years and it’s garbage.

Then moved on to Ep 2 and they are stuck in the hospital

Gave up

How far in to S1 does it pick up?

Yeah I think it was episode 6 was where I got hooked and then it doesn't look back all the way through season 2.

That was
the vote to kick the old guy out which failed
right?

Yeah that's the one. Just double checked IMDB and yeah it is S01E06.

I like koq personally but the supporting cast saves it. Especially jerry stiller.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Oh, Arthur is amazing. The irony scene gets me every time.

Jerry Stiller said it was his most challenging role.

I don't think I'll ever look at KoQ the same again after having watched Kevin Can fu** Himself

The latter is a pretty cutting critique of how poor sitcoms like KoQ are in certain regards
Serves you right for watching that :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More David E. Kelley goodness? Sign me up.
Randomly watched a few eps of The Practice a few weeks ago and almost got roped into binge watching it all again. Loved it growing up. So so good.

Just finished first three seasons of Line of Duty.
Very good!!!
The Poms do cop shows well, without all the over the top shoot ‘em ups the Yanks are prone to.
Blame the audience expectations I guess. There is a stark and obvious difference between the UK and US versions of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares for example. Americans need to be loud and obnoxious all the time.

The Poms do cop shows well, without all the over the top shoot ‘em ups the Yanks are prone to.
Couldn't agree more. The only U.S police shows that I would not want to miss were The Wire and Hill Street Blues. Just about every other cop show I like is British.

They just do them better. The American shows are too polished, too fast paced, the villains ALWAYS get caught, and they have little or no humour.

Give me The Sweeney, The Bill or Waking The Dead any day.

Couldn't agree more. The only U.S police shows that I would not want to miss were The Wire and Hill Street Blues. Just about every other cop show I like is British.

They just do them better. The American shows are too polished, too fast paced, the villains ALWAYS get caught, and they have little or no humour.

Give me The Sweeney, The Bill or Waking The Dead any day.
Homicide : Life On The Street

A couple of 10 part docos i am enjoying at the moment is Generation Hustle which is on Binge and its about young conmen.
And This is Pop on Netflix which is an 8 part doco on pop music. I have seen the 1st 3 episodes on Boys II Men, Auto tune and Sweden's influence on pop and none of these are things i thought i would be interested in but it was enthralling throughout.

Yeah, fair call - a far better strike rate that’s for sure. But don’t overlook True Detective, The Shield, City On A Hill or the very underrated Southland. And as someone above mentioned Homicide: Life On The Street too. They just seem to get lost in the sea of U.S. rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back