FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Homecoming on Amazon is terrific. Sam Esmail directed all the episodes (goes without saying that it's visually among the best things on tv) but written/based on a real podcast (that's a fictional story) about recently returned soldiers being sent to a treatment facillity to help them integrate back into society.

The cast from Julia Roberts to Bobby Cannavale to Shea Wingham to the new kid Stephan James are all great. Intriguing story, inventive way of using aspect ratio for different timelines and best of all episodes are only 30 minutes long. Will make my best of list for sure.

Homecoming on Amazon is terrific. Sam Esmail directed all the episodes (goes without saying that it's visually among the best things on tv) but written/based on a real podcast (that's a fictional story) about recently returned soldiers being sent to a treatment facillity to help them integrate back into society.

The cast from Julia Roberts to Bobby Cannavale to Shea Wingham to the new kid Stephan James are all great. Intriguing story, inventive way of using aspect ratio for different timelines and best of all episodes are only 30 minutes long. Will make my best of list for sure.

Thanks. Will give it a go.

Workaholics is amazing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Kominsky Method, new on Netflix, Michael Douglas & Alan Arkin in good form, plenty of cameos so far, liking it a lot.
I had a look at this.

I think its lucky I watched this all at once. (and this may be a bigger problem for me and series tv) I dont think I would have had the patience to invest a weekly spot to watch it.

Its not bad it is more of a slow burn. Is it Entourage at 70? Possibly. Tragi-Comedy is the best description. Its not laugh out loud but there are 1 or 2 spots I did.

The cameos are fun. Ann Margaret looks like she has had a stroke or bad botox.

Its an enjoyable watch and if more episodes appear I shall catch up on them but I'm not going to set the tv to record or anything

I find myself taken out of the show when I notice AA reading a cue-card tv screen. Minor issue but its enough to lose the stream of the show

I had a look at this.

I think its lucky I watched this all at once. (and this may be a bigger problem for me and series tv) I dont think I would have had the patience to invest a weekly spot to watch it.

Its not bad it is more of a slow burn. Is it Entourage at 70? Possibly. Tragi-Comedy is the best description. Its not laugh out loud but there are 1 or 2 spots I did.

The cameos are fun. Ann Margaret looks like she has had a stroke or bad botox.

Its an enjoyable watch and if more episodes appear I shall catch up on them but I'm not going to set the tv to record or anything

I find myself taken out of the show when I notice AA reading a cue-card tv screen. Minor issue but its enough to lose the stream of the show

Yeah it's a valid discussion these days - to binge or not to binge & what to do when you cant. There's not too many shows I've watched over recent years that have held my attention strong enough to commit to a week to week viewing - Better Call Saul, Westworld & The Handmaid's Tale are the only week by week releases I can think of off hand that I've stuck with.

I'm fine with 3/4/5 a week with most I watch but any less than that & I need a refresher to remember wtf has been going on;).

Watched WACO mini-series on SBS Demand in last week. Plus been watching a few Who Do You Think You Are docos. Always so interesting. The weird guy from Big Bang Theory was interesting and the Christina Applegate one a real tear jerker. Might have a look at Banished this week for an episode or two and see if it worth binge watching the whole thing. Hanging out for Cricket to watch as been lean patch of sport recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back