FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Thoroughly enjoyed season 1 of this show. Agreed on Carrie Coon - nailed her role well. I tried season 2 but to be honest, season 1 sapped so much from me (a hard but enjoyable watch) that I couldn't go on.
The series finale was fantastic in my opinion. Top notch stuff.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Just started watching The Widow on Amazon Prime, which is a thriller set in the DR Congo about a woman who thinks she sees her husband on the news there despite the fact he supposedly died on a plane crash 3 years earlier.

It has a good cast (Kate Beckinsale, Charles Dance and Alex Kingston are the big names) and is pretty well acted but it's pretty slow so far (just started episode 3 of 8) and there is probably one too many B-stories based on the short run time.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Well I've just finished watching the show I mentioned above (The Widow) and my initial thoughts after the first couple of episodes held true (it is a bit slow, but it is somewhat made up for by the quality of the acting).

I read a review of the show that was almost solely deriding it for perpetuating "White Saviour" stereotypes, which I initially just put down to the trend of certain reviewers trying to project their left wing values on every aspect of culture, about after watching the last 20 minutes of the last episode its hard not to agree with that sentiment.

Overall, I would recommend it if you want to watch something to is beautiful to look at and well acted, but don't expect anything award winning out of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Life - new Ricky Gervais comedy on Netflix, first episode cracked me up.
Finished this over the weekend - I enjoyed the last 3 episodes over the first 3. The first 3 had funny moments but didn't have the punch of the last 3 that is for sure. Gotta give Gervais his due, he creates sentiment in a way that feels genuine (most who try end up creating shmultzy rubbish). The last 2 episodes hit you in the feels a bit and make it a rewarding experience (much like the crescendo of the Office via the xmas episodes).

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I am the Night- just finished it and very much enjoyed after the first episode. The slow start nearly made me drop off but it ends with enough of a hook to get me to watch the second episode. Even after that it’s a slow burn but tonally nails the era and love the subject matter surrounding the Black Dahlia.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I am watching Aussie series Bite Club. It is absolutely as terrible as its awful lame-pun title suggests, but somehow I keep watching... :D

Some bad shows are just like that.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
Watched 3 episodes of Queer Eye over the last couple of nights. They can be a bit annoying, but all have very good hearts and the help that they give people is fantastic.

The girl that they helped last night is a friend of my daughter, so a bit of extra interest for me.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Just finished the second series of 'Inside no 9.'

Was never a fan of League of Gentlemen or Pyschoville, but this anthology series for the most part has been brilliant

Just started watching season 1 of this show and it's interesting. Quirky self-contained half hour episodes. A bit like Black Mirror without the sci fi aspect.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Miami Showband Massacre (remastered) - Netflix

Doco on the ''Irish Beatles'' and the story about the tragedy that befell the band in the times of ''The Troubles''

I hadnt heard this story and it was nicely layered and paced. Delved into some of the history behind the Troubles and didnt take sides (except 1)

8/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back