FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the same, although I feel it leveraged heavily off the Good Place in terms on some components early on but the longer the season went, it deviated to find its own path.

Perfectly said, I nearly walked midway halfway through thinking it lacked a little originality, but the back end of the series was brilliant.

Still reckon 9 is pretty solid and 10 is decent.

On Reddit (I know) people claim The Simpsons was still good until season 12 or 14 or 17 or even later. Assume that lines up with when they got to a certain point in teenagerhood.

From memory my final divorce was the advertised as 300th episode (season 14) and it was just as bad as it had been for a while. Realised it was ******* done.

As infuriating around this period and beyond were those going "Nah man The Simpsons is still good!!!1". People were in denial. Was a different world before torrents and streaming, watching whatever was dished up on the 5 channels.

Last edited:

On Reddit (I know) people claim The Simpsons was still good until season 12 or 14 or 17 or even later. Assume that lines up with when they got to a certain point in teenagerhood.

From memory my final divorce was the advertised as 300th episode (season 14) and it was just as bad as it had been for a while. Realised it was ******* done.

As infuriating around this period and beyond were those going "Nah man The Simpsons is still good!!!1". People were in denial. Was a different world before torrents and streaming, watching whatever was dished up on the 5 channels.
I appreciated the Simpsons more as a teenager/early 20s (think we are roughly the same age, I'm 32).

But I remember about 2000ish it was pretty crap and more miss than hit and much preferred the repeats.

Interesting commentary about The Simpsons

My 8 y.o is currently watching it so I've been re-watching with her. Just about to hit season 9, will report back later!!

Normal People - Unabashedly will say that I loved it. A faithful and strong adaption of one of my favourite reads from the last couple of years. Essentially a modern love story, in the vein of the Before Sunrise trilogy but over a few years rather a few decades. There's no B-plot to speak of, and not without it's detractors. 'a show where two people fu** and not much else happens' is not necessarily a wrong description, but it is a boring one. Paul Mescal, one of the leads, is gonna be someone to watch.
Started watching it last night after dinner and just finished binging it. Loved it and thought it was quite moving at times.

As someone who has read the book, does it go into any further detail about Marianne's family or their treatment of her? I frequently found myself wondering what had happened to her to make her the way she is, and kept coming back to her brief mentions of her father and the way the brother was emotionally abusive

Started watching it last night after dinner and just finished binging it. Loved it and thought it was quite moving at times.

As someone who has read the book, does it go into any further detail about Marianne's family or their treatment of her? I frequently found myself wondering what had happened to her to make her the way she is, and kept coming back to her brief mentions of her father and the way the brother was emotionally abusive

Differences mostly lie in the brother and mother's treatment of her, which is much worse than in the show. Remember thinking when reading that the brother was truly psychotic. The stuff with her father is also mentioned, but only implied in the show. Paints a bleaker hellscape of her home life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 2 of Teachers

I don't know that I want to watch the last two seasons now that the best characters have left.

Also watching Space Force. It's pretty bad, like a cheap Veep knock off. But I like John Malkovich and while every scene of his reminds me that I'd rather be watching Burn After Reading, he's great and the show is tolerable.

Season 2 of Teachers

I don't know that I want to watch the last two seasons now that the best characters have left.

Also watching Space Force. It's pretty bad, like a cheap Veep knock off. But I like John Malkovich and while every scene of his reminds me that I'd rather be watching Burn After Reading, he's great and the show is tolerable.

I personally found the later seasons the best.

Community - all time classic. Some episodes are amazing and some can absolutely suck though.

Gave Space Force a go. 1 episode in. Reckon it might be one of those shows you need to let grow on you. Could be decent.

I've given up on Ozark. Too slow for me.

The Shield season 7.
Bosch season 6.
Dark heart.
Deadwater fell.

Money heist.

rocker, presuming you're close enough to the end, do you recommend those 2 Brit shows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back