FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Watching NewsRadio for the first time. Took a little while for me to warm to it but by Season 3 I am in love. And Season 3 itself might be one of the greatest seasons of TV of all time. I can see the connective tissue between this and 30 Rock, Arrested Development (maybe the only other comedy with as good as an ensemble) and especially Community (two shows that love subverting sitcom tropes where-and-whenever they can while using their low ratings as freedom to become more and more absurd).

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
i'm 3 episodes into Outcry. good show.
still don't know if i think he did it or not even though i couldn't resist googling his name to see what the final outcome was.

what i do know is that the original "investigation" was a sham and it should never have gone to trial let alone a conviction. after watching this and The Innocence Files i'm amazed at what passes for justice in the States......no idea if Australia is any better but until i watch a doco that shows otherwise i'm gonna assume we are.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Betty - Probably the most enjoyable show I'll see this year. Based off the 2018 film Skate Kitchen about a group of teenage girls, skateboarding in NYC. Loved all the characters, has some serious moments but mostly just very fun, and with only six 30-minute episodes a super easy hang. Also features a blink and you'll miss it crossover with one of my other favourite shows set in NYC.

The Great - Created by Tony McNamara who also wrote The Favourite, and this has the same vibe. Nicholas Hoult plays the idiot prick Emperor of Russia Peter III,and Elle Fanning plays his wife and the titular Catherine the Great, who is trying to make Russia better - by plotting to kill Peter. Both are great, the show looks gorgeous and plays the dark comedic aspects of it well. Huzzah.

ZeroZeroZero - Gonna be in the conversation for the best of 2020. Created by Stefano Sollima who also did Gomorrah and Day of the Soldado. It follows the transcontinental journey of a cocaine shipment from the buyers (Italian mafia), sellers (Mexican cartel) and brokers (New Orleans shipping family). Visually stunning, tense as anything, violent as hell.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
ZeroZeroZero - Gonna be in the conversation for the best of 2020. Created by Stefano Sollima who also did Gomorrah and Day of the Soldado. It follows the transcontinental journey of a cocaine shipment from the buyers (Italian mafia), sellers (Mexican cartel) and brokers (New Orleans shipping family). Visually stunning, tense as anything, violent as hell.
From the Trailer this looks great and Im going to try it. I have to use a VPN > USA streaming. How did you find it as it doesn't seem to be promoted well?

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Started I Know This Much Is True with Mark Ruffalo. First episode intrigued me enough to want to watch more.

I'm 2 episodes in to this one, not a lot of laughs but Ruffalo is knocking it out of the park and there is a fair bit of talent in the supporting cast as well. It'll be very interesting to see where this goes.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I'm 2 episodes in to this one, not a lot of laughs but Ruffalo is knocking it out of the park and there is a fair bit of talent in the supporting cast as well. It'll be very interesting to see where this goes.

So finished I Know This Much Is True & it's an amazing acting performance from Ruffalo, he'll win something for it for sure. & while it's not an easy watch, I felt it was a rewarding one, it's a really well made drama.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
For anyone with Telstra mobile post-paid plan, you can get Binge for free for 6 months. Has HBO shows on it, which is awesome.

I think you need to have a Telstra Plus (their rewards program) too - but that's free to get on.
or an internet plan with them

Back