FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
ZeroZeroZero - Gonna be in the conversation for the best of 2020. Created by Stefano Sollima who also did Gomorrah and Day of the Soldado. It follows the transcontinental journey of a cocaine shipment from the buyers (Italian mafia), sellers (Mexican cartel) and brokers (New Orleans shipping family). Visually stunning, tense as anything, violent as hell.
What's this on? And is it in English?

Anybody watched 11.22.63? Just started it today, premise is interesting.
I enjoyed it.

Wouldn't say it's fantastic nor necessarily gripping, but I did watch it again about 18 months after I originally saw it.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Anybody watched 11.22.63? Just started it today, premise is interesting.

Enjoyed it but in the end resented the premise being somewhat bait and switch
Episode 1 spells out how the main character can reset the clock but then he doesn't do it again until the final episode. It's more a period piece than sci-fi.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Enjoyed it but in the end resented the premise being somewhat bait and switch
Episode 1 spells out how the main character can reset the clock but then he doesn't do it again until the final episode. It's more a period piece than sci-fi.
Not gonna click on that spoiler cos I've only watched episode one.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Started it, watched 3-4 eps, then gave up.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The book was definitely better, might be one of his best actually in some ways, but 11.22.63 the mini-series was still pretty good I thought.

After The Dark Tower and The Stand, Steven King will never get another read out of me.

Alex Rider : was a big fan of the books as a kid and was surprised to hear amazon made an 8 part series about it, more focused on point blanc this time, but i actually found it quiet good, was well shot, mature enough to not feel too kiddy, characters were ok...i hope they make a S2, probs give it a 7/10
It's nothing like the books, the series is much darker. I like it well enough, was really very gripping. Nice little twist in it.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Found Occupied on Netflix last week. Norway turns fossil fuel energy off to combat climate change & the EU get upset. Russia then begins a soft occupation to start the energy industry again. No spoilers here, this covered in the first 10 minutes. Surprisingly compelling, especially if you have any Nordic knowledge.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
just watched all fbi's most wanted on Netflix. Some names I ve never heard of on there

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Anyone else watching 'What we do in the Shadows' season 2 on Foxtel. I love this show.

this show is brillant, wasnt too sure when i saw the trailer, but decided to watch it and god its funny

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gomorrah.

A brilliant Italian crime show based on Roberto Saviano's excellent book of the same name about the Neapolitan Mafia (or 'The Camorra'). I'd just read the book before starting the TV series and I was blown away by how accurately the show portrays a fictionalised version of some of the real life events and people that Saviano exposes in his book. This show is absolutely brutal and moves at a break neck speed - without ever being in danger of romanticising organised crime. I highly recommend this.

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
started the man in the high castle, half way through the first season, don't mind it, good concept, enjoy the characters, will persist

Back